Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are Shining and Cadance actually the same age?

ggg-2

Cadance was originally a Pegasus and ascended by the time she was in High School, by which time she was already acquainted (and infatuated) with Shining Armor. Furthermore, it's been established that Alicorns age differently than other ponies. So are Shining Armor and Cadance actually the same age?

Ascended alicorns age the same as regular ponies in my headcannon, so she is around the same age

I share your headcanon, ma'am/sir. The OP poses an interesting question, though.

• Brohoof 2

I say they're the same age, give or take a year or two. Both of them went to High School at the same time (in the comics anyway) so that puts them roughly in the same age group.

I would argue it hasn't been established that alicorns age different, since the only example we have is Celestia being over 1000 years old. Luna was banished for 1000 years, so no way to gauge her exact age, and Cadance looked to be a teenager when she foalsat Twilight, which would put her in her early to mid 30's.

• Brohoof 3

I say they're the same age, give or take a year or two. Both of them went to High School at the same time (in the comics anyway) so that puts them roughly in the same age group.

I would argue it hasn't been established that alicorns age different, since the only example we have is Celestia being over 1000 years old. Luna was banished for 1000 years, so no way to gauge her exact age, and Cadance looked to be a teenager when she foalsat Twilight, which would put her in her early to mid 30's.

Well, that is making assumptions about Twilight's current age (and her age when she was being foalsat). Personally I have reason to think (fairly good reason, if I do say so myself) that Twilight isn't that old. But I do agree with the rest of your post.

It was indeed stated that at least natural born alicorns age slower in the journal of the two sisters (available at your nearest Barnes & Nobles ;)). Is not know about ascended alicorns, but judging by Twi's flashback in the wedding, they age at the same rate as before (dunno how that applies to McFlurry though :huh:).

I would say Cadance and Shining Armor are around the same age, maybe a year or two gap, but they should around that range

Ascended alicorns age the same as regular ponies in my headcannon, so she is around the same age

But wasn't Granny young when Celestia was already a princess and the same apparent age she is now?

Most cartoon characters don't age. Shouldn't the Cutie Mark Crusaders be 5 years older than they were in season 1? That is a significant increase.

But wasn't Granny young when Celestia was already a princess and the same apparent age she is now?

Most cartoon characters don't age. Shouldn't the Cutie Mark Crusaders be 5 years older than they were in season 1? That is a significant increase.

The astral princesses, as I like to call them, actually have a long lifespan (around 5000 years). They were created to end tensions between the three tribes by the queen Chrysanthema, who was the ruler before they arrives to equestria. They were "born" alicorns, not like the "ascended alicorns" that are Twilight and Cadance. They just received the elements that were missing to make them alicorns. For the CMC, I haven't really made solid headcannons on them.

In my headcanon Shining is actually a couple of years older than Cadance. Not a very extreme age difference, tho. Probably around 5 years or so. I imagine that Shinig was already out of the nest when Cadence came to foalsit Twi.

Aaaand there goes my headcanon...