Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler "The Times They Are A Changeling" Synopsis now up

Golden Star

This episode is next, and it's coming out in 3 days!

I do have a concern about this episode -- what if that "Changeling spy" is really a reformation of Pinkie Pie? I know it sounds crazy and ridiculous, but as I understand it, Pinkie has made a few unexpected surprise appearances throughout the series (examples: Twilight Time and Amending Fences) but none so far this season, and furthermore, she has her own Heartfelt Scrapbook on YouTube for Flurry Heart, who by the way, will be in this episode. Plus, she's the only Mane Six member who so far has tried to taken care of Flurry Heart (other than Shining Armor and Cadance).

For what I know now, we're most likely at least not gonna expect Applejack, Fluttershy, (and, finally!) Rainbow Dash or Rarity in this episode.

P.S. The third entry in the Heartfelt Scrapbook that wasn't uploaded to YouTube may reveal the spoilers from this episode.

Edited by FirePuppy
  • Brohoof 1

I worked on this episode! And, for the record, the Zap2It's description does indeed have a typo. That's all I'm going to say there. 

Wow! I had no idea that a member of the show's crew is a member of this forum. It's very generous of you to spend some time here with the fans. :)

As for that Zap2It description, hmm... I'm kind of at a loss there. ;) If the typo in question is not the lack of an "a" before "Changeling," then I really have no idea what it could be...

Wow! I had no idea that a member of the show's crew is a member of this forum. It's very generous of you to spend some time here with the fans. :)

As for that Zap2It description, hmm... I'm kind of at a loss there. ;) If the typo in question is not the lack of an "a" before "Changeling," then I really have no idea what it could be...

I asked the same thing, and he said it wasn't that! ;)

• Brohoof 1

If the typo in question is not the lack of an "a" before "Changeling," then I really have no idea what it could be...

I'm still fairly confident the typo is the mention of Sunburst following Spike to the Crystal Empire. I'm certain he didn't come out to Ponyville for no apparent reason just to return with him, and it's likely the name that is supposed to be there is Starlight. Plus it makes a lot of sense she would want to go to along for the trip.

I'm still fairly confident the typo is the mention of Sunburst following Spike to the Crystal Empire. I'm certain he didn't come out to Ponyville for no apparent reason just to return with him, and it's likely the name that is supposed to be there is Starlight. Plus it makes a lot of sense she would want to go to along for the trip.

Remember, Sunburst lives in the Crystal Empire. Maybe Twilight, Starlight, and Spike just stumble upon Sunburst once they've already arrived.

Remember, Sunburst lives in the Crystal Empire. Maybe Twilight, Starlight, and Spike just stumble upon Sunburst once they've already arrived.

That's true, but I'm just going on what the premise said: "Spike travels with Twilight and Sunburst back to the Crystal Empire". It doesn't make sense for Sunburst to be included in that sentence if he's already there, unless the real typo is they meant to include him after the words "Crystal Empire".

Anyway, I know he's in the episode - they showed him reacting to Spike declaring his friendship with the changeling. I just hope Starlight goes along since she's been missing from most of the episodes this season, and her and Spike get along really well.

• Brohoof 1

Have you all seen the new trailer for this episode? If you haven't look it up! I can't wait for tomorrow.

I've seen it myself, and I can't wait to see what happens with Spike and that Changeling, whose name I will remain anonymous about to avoid spoilers before the episode even debuts.

There's less than 40 minutes left and the hype is just too strong for me! I honestly can't wait to see how this "forbidden friendship" between Spike and the Changeling will unfold  :pinkie:

And for that matter, I'm also avoiding the preview like the plague. I want the whole episode to be a surprise for me, and I've already had a few bits revealed to me through the Discovery Family adverts for the new episodes. 

Really looking forward to this too. The changelings are very interesting characters and it'll be great to see a 'reformed' one.

I was pretty underwhelmed by the episode myself honestly; very "Meh" 5/10 episode IMO. The changeling nursery was nice, and thorax had a nice personality, but overall pretty freaking boring. plus I find spike's whole "hero" schtick in the empire pretty annoying.

glad starlight barely opened her mouth though.