Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Shrek 5 Coming Soon

Moved to Elsewhere

I guess the Ice Age movies won't be alone in being stretched too thin. Next question: Can they be milked like The Land Before Time? Apparently that franchise even got a new DTV movie this year.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I think an executive saw the internet talking about Shrek, and thought they should funnel money back into the franchise. 

The cold dead, beat horse of a franchise.

I can't believe they're still throttling this dead horse! The idea wasn't even that good to begin with. They managed to get by with the first two, but did anyone go to the others? I lost count of how many of these things they made long ago because they suck. The whole idea of taking classic fairy tale characters and deriving humor by making them edgy and modern is way over-used. They went back to pump this same dry well with Puss In Boots and it sucked too. Please, no more Shrek, I beg you! 

Ice Age is like it's evil twin. Another over-used franchise that needs to be concluded. Is it too much to ask for something new and original and allow the old franchises a dignified death?

Edited by Dreambiscuit

(edited)

Well, this is unexpected. I thought that's it for Shrek after the fourth movie since the movie was called "Shrek Forever After".

However, I'm not going to watch the movie, Shrek 1, 2 and especially Puss in Boots were the best out of the lot. Also, just looking at Shrek makes me remember the cringeworthy MLG moments. Sorry but I'm not into that sort of stuff...Really.

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 1

Because there was so much demand for another Shrek movie after 3 and 4.

Seriously, where could they possibly take the franchise at this point? The novelty of being a mean-spirited parody of Disney and fairy tales is gone. So unless there's a crossover with a certain other franchise owned by Universal, what's left?

I guess the Ice Age movies won't be alone in being stretched too thin. Next question: Can they be milked like The Land Before Time? Apparently that franchise even got a new DTV movie this year.

Seeing as how as there are 14 Land Before Time movies, I don't think we will be seeing any animated film be milked as much as it.

Not even the Ice Age films or Shrek 5.

But at least none of these above have made it to Scooby Doo levels yet either.

IT'S NEVER OGRE

Welp I never liked Shrek all that much so it's not a big deal for me.

If there is a sequence even half as good as this, I'll be really happy.

I agree.

Shrek 2 was the best Shrek film ever.

All of the shrek films that came after were tropes glued together with washable school glue. 

Lots of series are like this (such as Ice Age), in which the first film is average, the sequel is amazing, and everything after is rubbish.

• Brohoof 2