Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Best Episode Opening (So Far)?

Valiant 2.0

Hey there! I've been thinking recently about which episode opening is my favorite. I really love the classic "Sonic Rainboom" opening back in Season 1 with Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash, and I absolutely adore the interactions between Twilight and Spike in the opening of "Power Ponies" in Season 4.

So all this has got me wondering, my fellow ponies...which episode opening have you guys really loved so far? 

• Brohoof 1

The Mysterious Mare Do Well's was adorable and hilarious with the fan club...it's a shame the rest of the episode is awful

Honorable mention for MtBPW's weird opening dream, and STFF's "SO EXCITED" jump

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 2

Maybe not the most iconic, but in recent memory "Rarity Investigates!" stands out for its continuity with the previous episode. MLP has done nothing like that before and since, plus it continues Rainbow Dash's character arc, AND introduces what is now my favourite character dynamic in this whole show. Great stuff.

• Brohoof 2

The epic intro to "Magical Mystery Cure" featuring the "Morning in Ponyville" song and the highly choreographed and detailed action. I rewatch it a lot because it goes by so quickly, yet establishes so much about the next 20 minutes of tour de force ponying.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think this has ever been a topic of discussion before. We usually have topics like "best episode" or "worst episode", so this is a nice change of pace  :P.

As for my favorite cold opening (as that is what it's called in the business), i'll go with the safe answer and say the musical episodes i.e. Magical Mystery Cure, Pinkie Pride, Crusaders of the lost Mark, and A Hearth's Warming Tale. Starting off an episode with a musical number is a great way to grab our attention and get us hyped for what is to come :love:.  

Edited by Chuckles4lyfe
  • Brohoof 1

The intro of Made In Manehatten is hilarious:

The opening scenes of of Magical Mystery Cure, Do Princesses Dream Of Magic Sheep, Lesson Zero, Sonic Rainboom, Castle Sweet Castle, and Winter Wrap Up also come to mind as really fabulous ones. I could probably think of many more, too.

Edited by Prospekt
  • Brohoof 1

Hey there! I've been thinking recently about which episode opening is my favorite. I really love the classic "Sonic Rainboom" opening back in Season 1 with Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash, and I absolutely adore the interactions between Twilight and Spike in the opening of "Power Ponies" in Season 4.

So all this has got me wondering, my fellow ponies...which episode opening have you guys really loved so far?

I have been here for a few years and in all that time nobody has actually asked this question. Considering the amount of content we have, I'm impressed with the nature of the question too. An opening sets the stage and if done well it can really carry through to the rest of the episodes.

I may have to think on this a bit longer, but you actually picked one that would be on my list of best openings. Sonic Rainbow and Yay.

Slice of Life might be on mine as well, just for the Derpy speaks again moment, which did set the tone for the episode.

• Brohoof 1

I have been here for a few years and in all that time nobody has actually asked this question. Considering the amount of content we have, I'm impressed with the nature of the question too. An opening sets the stage and if done well it can really carry through to the rest of the episodes.

I may have to think on this a bit longer, but you actually picked one that would be on my list of best openings. Sonic Rainbow and Yay.

Slice of Life might be on mine as well, just for the Derpy speaks again moment, which did set the tone for the episode.

Glad I could bring something fresh to the table!  :)