Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

That castle isn't just Twilights

Mango Trip

So Twilight gets a castle at the end of season 4 right? Yeah, but there is a "throne room" with SIX seats in it! Plus the castle is huge!! I love that Spike FINALLY gets his own room and doesn't just need to sleep in a basket anymore, but the other members of the group could obviously live in that castle.

My issue isn't necessarily that they choose NOT to live in the castle, but that they refer to it as Twilight's castle. I know she lives there because the library is destroyed and she needs a home, but seriously, it's all of their castle and I believe they all have the right to live there if they wanted to. For instance, I could see Pinky moving in so that she didn't have to continue living with the Cakes. Which I understand she loves doing so, but they have the babies now and it could just be easier for her to live in the castle. (Also her secret party planning room that she has could probably have better space in the castle. 

I mean, this is just my opinion, but I just disagree with calling that castle "Twilight's". It should just be considered to be "their" castle of friendship.

• Brohoof 1

I guess you're right, but the fact is, they live in their own homes. At the moment, its only permanent inhabitants are Twilight, Spike, and Starlight, and the latter two are only there because Twilight is. If anything happened to their homes, though, I could definitely see them moving in with Twilight. Maybe it should be called the Harmony Castle. 

• Brohoof 2

I dunno, since it technically is her home and all, I personally consider it Twilight's overall. Though I guess technically it could be called Twilight's and Spike's but Twilight is the princess of friendship so it makes sense to me. The others are only there during different events or if something is happening so it almost seems like a meeting hub for them rather than a home.

• Brohoof 2

It's Twilight's castle meaning Twilight has to stay living there! Spike can move out whenever he wants to! :3 He just doesn't want to currently!

Also there are 7 thrones! ;)

Edited by MegaSean45
  • Brohoof 2

One part of the castle is Twilight's personal home and the other part is a place to discuss the map, have celebrations or friend gatherings. Her friends simply won't ask to live with her because they respect Twilight's personal space, plus each of them already have a place they call home. Starlight on the other hand has to be watch for her personal progression in friendship so she gets a room courtesy of Twilight.

• Brohoof 1

Well... yes and no. It's all of their castle in the sense that Twilight's friends are just as essential to the "Princess of Friendship" business as she is, and I love that they have their own thrones, but it is ultimately Twilight's property, and as others have said, she's the only of the six who lives there. So, it is her castle.

Considering that Twilight basically hasn't done much on her own, I would say it's fair that she has to share the castle. I mean Twilight didn't defeat Discord or NMM without the others. She also didn't beat Tirek without extra power. Twilight hasn't really done much without help, so it's fair she has to share the castle. The war room has seats for all of the other characters, so I am inclined to agree that it's not "Twilight's" castle, but the castle of Friendship which Twilight happens to live in.

Hey, if Twilight is the one paying the bills, she gets to call shots on the place. :proud:

Really though, I guess you could call it the Ponyville Castle or Castle of Friendship. Though Twilight & Spike are the only permanent residents, (I see that Starlight also has a room within the castle, but her repeated absences suggest she has an alternative locale), so on that basis it is technically her 'residence', insofar as that she actually lives there. The others just seem to use it as a meeting point/headquarters whenever it be necessary.

I'd say it's great for sleepovers though. :-P

It's called Castle of Friendship by Spike, Friendship Rainbow Kingdom in toy merchandise, Twilight's Castle in the Gameloft app (Have not played this in a while so does she get 2 houses now or the library did get destroyed in the app too?). As you can see, accounts differ.

That said, as others have said her friends can live there if they choose, but they don't. Does it really belong to her exclusively? No, I don't think it really belongs to anyone per se. Does she inhabit it with Spike and Starlight for lack of anywhere else to go since her original home was destroyed? Yes, but that doesn't really make it expressly hers. It's more like a meeting place for the group when they do important stuff, and just happens to be huge enough that they all can live in it if they wanted to.

Also it feels bigger on the inside than the outside (especially at ground level) when they exited through what seemed to be the back door with the base of the castle being kinda thin thin, but that's another thing altogether.

Edited by bronislav84

actually.. there is 7 seats in the castle :P

and I mean... since golden oaks library, and replaced by the castle, and twilight and spike being the only ones living there (besides starlight having a room there. im not that surprised that they call it "twilight's castle

So Twilight gets a castle at the end of season 4 right? Yeah, but there is a "throne room" with SIX seats in it! Plus the castle is huge!! I love that Spike FINALLY gets his own room and doesn't just need to sleep in a basket anymore, but the other members of the group could obviously live in that castle.

My issue isn't necessarily that they choose NOT to live in the castle, but that they refer to it as Twilight's castle. I know she lives there because the library is destroyed and she needs a home, but seriously, it's all of their castle and I believe they all have the right to live there if they wanted to. For instance, I could see Pinky moving in so that she didn't have to continue living with the Cakes. Which I understand she loves doing so, but they have the babies now and it could just be easier for her to live in the castle. (Also her secret party planning room that she has could probably have better space in the castle. 

I mean, this is just my opinion, but I just disagree with calling that castle "Twilight's". It should just be considered to be "their" castle of friendship.

Its nice to think that, but much like how the EOH is now, more or less, "Twilight's thing", what with her being the "princess of friendship", its not about the group or the others, its about twilight, and as such, the castle is "her" castle.

the other 5 are just her support now, like how king arthor had his knights at the table. Not to mention the table in question has kind of been, well, pointless since its introduction :P (there's a reason that the past 2 two parters have had the other 5 as just cameos)

(not that I wish it WASN'T that way, I'd love for it to be a more even thing and be all of their castles, but, well, reality is reality, and expecting it to be an even group thing is delusional at this point, given the direction things have taken for a while)

Edited by Unlikeable Pony
  • Brohoof 3

If you don't believe Twilight is an immortal-type alicorn it will be Spike's castle eventually since he's the one with the multi-thousand year life span.

Unless he decides to go live in a cave someday.

If you don't believe Twilight is an immortal-type alicorn it will be Spike's castle eventually since he's the one with the multi-thousand year life span.

Unless he decides to go live in a cave someday.

Obviously she'll leave it to her nice, flurry heart when she dies :P

Obviously she'll leave it to her nice, flurry heart when she dies :P

Heh, I wonder if that would cause some sort of uproar if Flurry is princess in two kingdoms, presuming Cadance leaves her castle to her as well?

Yeah a throne for spike. lol but the map doesn't call spike he an DLC that come with Twilight. plBut the caslte is HUGE. enve hte episdoes we se inside, the layout makes no sense.

Although given recent episode it seems kind of small too. kind of confusing.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah a throne for spike. lol but the map doesn't call spike he an DLC that come with Twilight. plBut the caslte is HUGE. enve hte episdoes we se inside, the layout makes no sense.

Although given recent episode it seems kind of small too. kind of confusing.

The castle seems to be a genius Loci to a degree given the Starlight book recently about how it more or less directed her to a room that wasn't there based on her desires and needs. So its size could constantly magically shift and change.