Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

UK gets the rest of season 6 earlier then the US

Mesme Rize

Oh you have gotta be kidding me those stupid leaks are coming out again!? No way I'm watching them. I was saving this awesome Mlp season 6 finale with RWBY volume 4 premiere on the same day. There's no way I'm gonna ruin that special day.

My thoughts on this? I openly welcome this, actually.

While I personally like waiting for a new episode each week, my first college studies are closing in fast (they basically start 2 days before the final few episodes start airing in the UK) and this seems like a nice chance for me to wrap up my watching of MLP:FiM so I could focus on my future studies more and not worry about missing the last few episodes over the course of the next few weeks, especially since I want to see the finale so bad.

Also... I personally wouldn't call these "leaks". If the airing of the episodes in the UK is intentional, then it's not exactly a leak unless the airing of these episodes does turn out to be a mistake. Either way, I wouldn't care as I need to get the series out of the way anyways due to my studies :P So I'm looking forward to it!

EDIT: Saw a typo

Edited by Eggy0
  • Brohoof 1

I'm very conflicted on this. MLP never struck me as a particularly binge-friendly show, so any more than two episodes in one week is unusual. On top of this, this shows how ungainly international rights can be as an outdated business model in the age of the Internet.

As for impact on US ratings, it's hard to predict for a number of reasons; first of all, most of the older fans watch the show online, second is that the primary audience will likely not be affected by such a leak, and third, the ratings for Season 6 have been down across the board for a multitude of reasons, many of them having little to do with the show itself (external competition is a big one).

Usually, I don't watch leaks, but considering this is a big one, I'll have to in order to keep up with things.

Edited by Wind Chaser

I have way more reasons to watch the leaks rather than not: 

1-I can get over with this season and put my mind on something else

2-I'll avoid spoilers

3-when the season finales come close, I'm usually like this

large.png