Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you wish you had joined the fandom earlier?

Zerbu

I've known about bronies ever since 2010, but I never bothered to actually check out the show until earlier this year. I've noticed posts from other people as well saying they regret joining the fandom so late, especially with the speculation about G4 ending soon (which is unlikely, but not impossible).

• Brohoof 4

I joined in 2013 post season 3 but I've enjoyed the show for a while now. It would have been nice to have seen the show new earlier but I think I also joined at a good time.

Edited by Silver Letter
  • Brohoof 4

That's kinda difficult to answer for me. On the one hand yes because the show is great but also on the other hand no because the show basically kept me from going completely insane in January of this year when I first watched it. It's a long story.

Edited by SpikusFyre
  • Brohoof 1

Yes, definitely. I joined the fandom in October 2014. If I joined earlier, I'd have had more opportunities to go to conventions and meet a lot of awesome people. I'd have also had the chance to talk more to some of my friends that were bronies, but moved away.

• Brohoof 1

I only started watching last year. I wished I got curious sooner. then again, it saved me a lot of time (almost six months) during the 1 year hiatus. 

I started becoming more invested in the show as soon as season 5 started, so I missed the hiatus. The only problem is... the other fandom I'm part of also had a hiatus, which makes that benefit useless to me.  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Kind of. It would have been interesting to have joined the fandom when the show first started up but at the time, I was only just getting used to having a computer all day by myself and thus didn't really pay attention to all news related stuff internet wise.

• Brohoof 1

I started becoming more invested in the show as soon as season 5 started, so I missed the hiatus. The only problem is... the other fandom I'm part of also had a hiatus, which makes that benefit useless to me.  :lol:

Man.. that's lucky. I got curious on mlp because of Doctor Who and Sherlock hiatus. The hiatus, WOW such hiatus

• Brohoof 1

As cool as the fandom from a few years back looks, I wouldn't want myself to join any time earlier than the second half of 2013, since before that, I was 11 years old, and incapable of doing anything without being cringeworthy.

• Brohoof 5

I joined after season 4 had just finished. Yes, I really wish I had joined earlier. Just getting into the fandom and it's already dying :(

It is? i think it's getting bigger. though yes bronies have been low key recently. that's probably because of the "shock" of the world had already passed

• Brohoof 2

I joined in 2012, though I wasn't as active at first. I would say my most active year was last year :3 I'm less active now in terms of creating stuff, but that's more because I have less time to spare for pony things :c

But yeah, I joined pretty early on. I was only five days away from turning 10 [10!!!!] when I saw the first two episodes of the show - ON THE DAY THEY AIRED :D. I still remember the Hub website when my mom and I were looking through the images and marveling about how that was the new Rarity and the new Pinkie Pie, and about how Twiley was a new character. X3 I'm pretty sure I didn't even know there was a fandom until late 2011 into Jan. 2012, when I joined deviantART and my saga began :P

• Brohoof 3

I became a brony a little bit more than a year ago. Although I would have been more involved in the fandom if I had joined earlier, I might not have experienced everything I have experienced with the fandom so far <3. 

I wish I was a brony. Technically, I used to watch the original series, but then I saw this gen, thought it was bad and decided to hate on it for no real reason.

I have my regrets that I didn't like it earlier.

I joined in 2013 post season 3 but I've enjoyed the show for a while now. It would have been nice to have seen the show new earlier but I think I also joined at a good time.

I've joined a little earlier, and I also had wished that I joined earlier because I thought about the possibility of S3 being the series finale  :P . I'm a little wishfull of joining earliers, because I missed some freakouts, but I think the Canterlot Wedding was the most I've missed, otherwise I've seen most mayor freakouts in the fandom, namely EG, and Flashy Sentry  :P

Definitely, I discovered the show in August 2013 and I wish I could've joined the forums right away (but couldn't because of the e-mail validation).

Or even earlier, during season 1 or 2.