Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you popular, or do you wish you had some more friends?

Zerrodo

(edited)

seems like everypony on here has no real life frineds.  My mom always tell me i need to find people i can talk to on the the phone or hang out with but you know,  with work and other stuff i like doing my own thing when i have free time.  Yeah i would like to have some real life frineds(all my frineds i would say are on here or online) but you know it's hard to find people my age(i am 25) that like MLP,weapons, guns, anime, zombies, ect..  To me a real friend is if the zombies were to come or we were in a horror moive could i count on you to have my back like on left 4 dead?

Saeko Busujima and Kohta Hirano from highschool of the dead are the kind of people in real life that i would want my back.

They have never liked us, and they never shall

Edited by swordsman

Middle School was a bunch of belittlement and bullying sadly, yet highschool and college were different. So far, college has been the best, for a lot of people know me because I played the piano in the student center just about every day and was one of the best players in the arcade. 

• 5 weeks later...

Well.. I don't call myself "popular" cuz.. I don't know, I'm just not. 

I don't really need more friends, I have friends, but I always like getting new pals!

I don't think I've ever been the popular type. I suppose I just don't fit in with the rest.

However, at this moment, I have a good amount of good friends and I am satisfied. Now I just need a girlfriend (what am I saying? I thought I already told myself I wouldn't. =/)

I'm not really popular. I thought I had best friends, but they weren't. Gosh, I wish I had best friends. Ahh well. Life moves on. Do I wish I was popular? Sometimes I do. Just to not be bored sometimes.

• Brohoof 2

I was back in high school, but high school popularity is about as insignificant a thing as can exist.  I'm popular-ish at work, in my last performance eval, my boss mentioned that everyone there likes me for how helpful and prompt I am.  I used to be popular on the ponynet, but fuck that.  Too many hangers on, and too much being the center of attention for my tastes, and too much overly dramatic bullshit.  I don't like the spotlight.  I only stay in contact with like a small handful of people now.  I prefer having a small number of meaningful friends that I can trust to a thousand shallow acquaintances ready to turn on you in a heartbeat if it would benefit them

Growing up was, and still is pretty hard for me. It all started when I began to like Pokemon in the 4th grade; my friends thought it was crazy, since I'm a girl. That stuff goes on to this day, I lack in friends since I don't want to have "Swag" and I don't want to smoke weed and stuff like that. But. Who needs friends when they're gonna' act like jerks anyway? Lol.

• Brohoof 2

It depends what kind of popularity you speak of. 

In my high school, I am one of the most known students, since I am the apparent "genius" kid who doesn't try (though that will be changing), and I'm extremely nice. Yes, nice. I'm not lying. I seem to lose every cynical thought in my mind when in real life, and cannot seem to be negative whatsoever. It's odd. I am very polite, and I always put others above myself; I can recall a time where a teacher yelled at me to stop helping others and do my own work (I was not finished, yet). But, anyway, I am popular because of this.

However, every one at my school knows I am not very fun, and that I'm against all that drinking at parties and whatnot, so they never invite me to go anywhere. Also, I'm known for being quite strange -- I sometimes randomly change the topic and act as if the previous one had never occurred; weird things like that -- so no one really talks to me seriously. I know I'm not being mocked, but I'm always getting waves as I walk down the hallway and such like that. My situation is weird. 

I have virtually no friends at the school, and I don't want any, really. Now I'll be going into my senior year, so I see even less reason to make friends, this late in the game. I'm fine with the way things are, now. 

• Brohoof 1

personally i hate almost every one i know in real life so im fine with having no friends besides i like being alone so i guess im a loner but that's ok because

tumblr_maayqpSuh31rd8l5yo1_500.png

Wasn't too popular in High school, really popular in college.  The trick is that you need to hang out with everybody and be light hearted but not overdo it.  You have to know how to "be yourself" without actually letting anyone know anything too personal about you right away.  You can't shy away or act depressed or you will be seen as less valuable friend material.  When people first meet, they are usually on the defensive so you got to laugh insults off, especially when they're indirect.  Don't get into serious religious or political arguments once you have friends being established.  Don't be awkwardly silent, even if you have nothing to say.  (In America, people will see you as having a social problem.)  With this in mind, don't burst out saying random shit;  its best to just sit and agree with people or think to come up with your own replies.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not exactly popular...and I'm glad. I prefer having a circle of friends that I can stand to be around. I'm usually sitting alone reading a book or doing schoolwork. Some people annoy me to no end, including popular people. I attempt to not be around popular people; they seem like the average idiot to me; I don't mean to be snobby, it's just all of the popular people I know (in real life, obviously) act like idiots and only care about sports or being cool; it annoys the hell out of me. And if someone happens to be popular and NOT a douchebag, then you're fine. 

• Brohoof 1

Well I have a small group of best friends at my school, and they're the ones I can really get on with and spend loads of time with. I'm also acquainted with a few other girls and boys that are really nice but I'm definitely not, what you would call, 'popular'. There's always a certain group of people at my school that know each other and throw loads of parties and like to get attention in class. Those types of people really get on my nerves, but I do sometimes wish I was part of a bigger group. 

Actually. No. I don't. I don't want gazillions of friends. I love having a small group of people that I like and get on with, and I do have a lot of people at school that I'm friendly with, so that's good enough for me. I just hope that, next term, I'll meet some new people and make more friends. :)

My circle of best friends at the moment are lovely and I love hanging with them; they just sometimes don't understand me and I can't get involved with some of the things they like. This is why I wanna find a brony friend some day!! And that's why I love this site so much, because I can chat with loads of pony pals! :D British bronies: I WILL FIND MORE OF YOU!

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

I'm not popular never have been, I have always felt like everyone disliked me. I have had friends though, I had a very close one.. At the moment I have one friend but he's not really a close one. I have my siblings too, so it's ok. Basically what I'm saying is that I'm not popular, never have been, never will be. Forever alone and all that stuff, only difference is I don't care that I'm alone. I'm a loner, a part of me doesn't want to change it while my other half seems to be trying.

I do count internet friends as my real life friends, so I can say that I have a lot of friends but since I think we're talking about the type you actually see in real life. Then no I really don't want more friends, I don't want many friends I want real friends. I don't really want friends in real life though, they are just so much trouble. Internet friends are a lot more convenient and just better overall. I even lost many of my real friends because I never wanted to actually spend time with them. Like I say I'm a loner, a true forever alone it's just in my nature I guess, even though I have changed a lot. I still prefer just being alone and on my computer, unless if I got the chance to meet some of you people on this forum then I would want to do something. But in real life I have never had any connections with people, friendship or anything. So I didn't want to spend any time with them, also because I just wanted to be at home behind the computer. Weird maybe? But not really when you think about it. I didn't really understand friendship until I became a brony.. Which is why I learned that I used to actually have a real friend, but I messed up.. It's more likely that I can actually have friends now then before, but I still lack the social skills to do it. But I don't care, I don't feel lonely at all, especially not with all of you.

I've never been very popular... but I've always had a friend or two, so it's always worked out in the end. At the moment, I have a grand total of 4 real friends. I've got a very difficult time being social, but I have no complaints, because I have some of the best friends possible. Truthfully, if I were friends with everyone, I don't think I'd be a very happy person, because a lot of my friends would be quite unlikeable people.

At least I don't have the hatebase I had back in elementary school, so that's a plus.

I am very popular, almost everyone likes me, and I have a bunch of friends. And there's like hundred of girls after me.

That really sux, I want to be alooone!!!!!! And I have no idea why people like me so much. Of course, there are some people who are jealous and hate me. (yay) But well, I guess I can live through this. 2 years left until I stay in an appartment and stay alone, studying.

I was never popular in elementary school except for my loud sneeze. I only had 3 best friends and no one else I knew from kinder-5th grade. But I started to get more noticed (which is currently now) in middle school.

It's mainly because I told people in my school I liked My Little Pony when I first became a brony. I became less shy and even got acquainted with some popular kids. (HOLY SHIT!! I'M SO HAPPY!) But the worst part of me being popular is that alot of girls in my school have a love/hate relationship with me and it's kinda annoying. Another reason is that I say the most random stuff in school like "I GOT PRESTIGE MASTER MR. TEACHER" and how much people laugh at me when I fail at swimming.

I have one real friend and that's about it. I'm really shy IRL, I really don't like people and I prefer to be alone. As for popularity, well I'm awful at holding a decent conversation and sometimes I fall asleep in class. Everyone around me is talking about some random crap and I'm just sitting there with my head down. I also hate it when people ask me stupid questions like "Why are you so quiet/shy?" or "Are you depressed?", stupid questions like that.

• Brohoof 1

In my life I've had about 2 friends, one in elementary school and one in high. The one in elementary randomly disowned me one day for being "uncool" and went to hang out with some popular kid. The one in high school was quite unpopular himself so he was easy to bond with, but unfortunately I have lost contact with him. Been friendless ever since.

Do I want to be popular? Nah. Sometimes I think I do, but over time I've realized that the desire is really just overcompensation for something else that's missing. If friends could fill the void then that's all I'd really need.

I'm actually fairly popular. I have a good amount of friends, a large amount of acquaintances, I'm not really disliked by anyone, and people think I'm pretty funny. I'm just really shy and kinda awkward, so I find it hard to talk to people and make new friends.

Wow, it's almost frightening how accurate this is.  Teachers talk to me with no problem whatsoever but I can't reach out for the kids my age for the life of me.  I always wanted to have a friend who really enjoyed the things I enjoyed, it's so much easier that way.  You can just pick up a subject and the person would always tell you their point of view instead of going like ''what are you talking about'' or ''I don't care about that''.  I don't hang around my friends much anymore due to school being so restricting, them having changed so much, not being in the same schools and yada yada.  Since college is next year, I'd expect new friends to pop out there.  Of course, I'm willing to do efforts to win them over too.  

I honestly really wish I had more friends. I wish I had a lot more friends actually.

I know I'm a great person, it's just hard to make impressions with people around me. I'm not sure if there too different or I'm too different. Wherever I end up hanging out I feel out of place, I was hanging out with a group of "Nerds" for a bit which had some Bronies and Pegasisters in the mix. I had the strong urge to leave because I knew they were all "losers."

Then there's this other group of people which is a mix of everything, over there I feel a bit weird and out of place. I pretty much feel like most people over there think I'm some kind of serial killer.

I have one close friend, but I wish I had other people that are like me. 

So I've shifted to just studying and living more isolated, which I'm fine. I still go out and do my normal things like jogging, reading, thinking, and all that fun stuff. I got ponies and a great family, I guess in the end that's all that matters.

• Brohoof 1

Never been popular in school and I am a pretty shy/quiet person.

I had a couple of really close friends in high school but after I graduated and moved states... It's been very hard for me to adjust even after being in this new town I'm in. I just haven't found people who I can relate with yet so things have been pretty boring and lonely. But I have hopes to meet some people in this new college I'll be attending I really hope so