Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you wish you had joined the fandom earlier?

Zerbu

Joke's on you I already joined the fandom early, so I already got to experience wonderful things like MMDW Drama, Derpygate, Twilicorn, EQG Drama, and Starlight

• Brohoof 4

On 2021-07-24 at 6:46 PM, Lunaholic said:

Not really. I'm pretty content joining the fandom as late as in 2021. As I see this fandom still running strong and I've never been that type of guy who has to watch the series or movies right when they come out. I'm glad I found myself a place to spend time now rather than never

Better late than never! :D 

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Megas said:

Joke's on you I already joined the fandom early, so I already got to experience wonderful things like MMDW Drama, Derpygate, Twilicorn, EQG Drama, and Starlight

I experienced them without actually joining :mlp_icwudt: I even got to see live videos from that really successful Las Pegasus Unicon!

I don't think I would have had a chance to be part of anything as it was too big, and only the loudest craziest Bronies where visible. The rest was just a crowd that was willing to raise funds for good cause.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Well I only joined the fandom at the beginning of 2020 when the thing that we don't talk about happened and everybody was stuck at home. And while that meant that I got to watch all nine seasons in the span of like, nine weeks, it definitely felt like I missed out on a lot, such as when the fandom was all over the internet and when conventions were still a thing. 

Edited by Skylight Scintillate
  • Brohoof 2

20 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

If I joined earlier I probably wouldn't have been as interested

I don't know how things would have gone for me if I'd known about FiM when it was just getting started,

I do know that @Kyoshi was the one who got me started with sigs and fan art so I wouldn't be in that part of the fandom yet. :twismile:

I feel like I joined at the perfect time a couple of weeks before Twilight's coronation where I was able to pretty much make up my own mind

about Twilicorn, Equestria Girls and all of the "drama" on my own without being influenced by people's  opinions. 

• Brohoof 3

Nah; I joined at the perfect time. Considering the friends that I have made I can't wish for any better.:love:

• Brohoof 1

I sometimes wish that I could've been involved with the fandom a bit more earlier when it was still super active, even though I've been a fan of the show since before the second season even aired. 

I'm at least glad that the g4 fandom is still around and going strong and hope that continues into the future.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Absolutely, just like I wished I began watching the show earlier.

I don't think I would be able to "forgive myself" for it but I think that shows how much I love MLP.

I am glad I got to watch the show wrap up with fellow fans. I am also glad to see how unlikely that the show and fandom will ever stop being amazing.

:rarity:

Edited by Rosy Moonlight
  • Brohoof 1

I do kind of wish I’d joined at the really strong days of the fandom, but I would’ve been quite young by then, and honestly, there’s some things on the internet that no kid should see, which is why I use safesearch now. :squee:

It would’ve had its ups and down, but I’m grateful that I even found this fandom at all. :kindness:

• Brohoof 1

I do and I don’t.

If I had joined earlier, I don’t think much would have changed. I probably would have been involved as much as I was when I actually joined which was not a whole lot. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think I'd change a thing about when I joined in the fun. I started part way through Season 2, which meant that I had a whole bunch of episodes to saturate myself in to thoroughly solidify my interest. I didn't have to wait for a new episode every week and could just plow through the whole first season. Good times.

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...

I'm happy to say I joined the herd February 2nd 2013. Remember that day very clearly. 
So I feel I didn't miss out on certain things at the time. Then again I still wish I could re-live those days and 
be more creative with content/music back then. Didn't really catch onto me until around 2019

• Brohoof 1

i've been around since the tail end of 2010, so, minty couldn't really have joined much earlier

the fandom has gone through many waves and phases and all of them had something awesome to offer

of course, minty gets nostalgic about the older days, but it's been fun throughout the years
conventions and meetups and new friends to hang out with being the highlights

• Brohoof 2

I was so busy in 2010 with a famous project in another fandom that I didn’t have time to move to 4chan. But I did watch YouTube videos of Bronies in 2012 so I was there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Yes and no. 

Yes because I used to like the idea of being a part of a community where other people my age liked a series targeted to little girls.

No because I eventually found out about the negative reception about some of the stuff regarding the show. I didn't like how much drama the finale stirred up; I probably would've hated to be a part of the fandom during the age of Magical Mystery Cure.