Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you popular, or do you wish you had some more friends?

Zerrodo

I wouldn't say I'm popular. I only hang at school with a group of 13 people. Out of those 13, only 6 are my best friends, the others are just friends, or people I know.

I despise popularity and how people fight over it. At my school it's 'bully to be popular'. There are about 5 popular people in my year, and all of them are those kind of people that aren't very smart, and must bully to feel better... It's very pathetic. One girl at my school committed suicide from being bullied. 

I'm not going to go into full detail of what happened, but she was bullied and left out of the 'group'.

Popularity gets you nowhere in school...friendliness does.

• Brohoof 2

I guess im fairly popular. I have a group of six best friends, know around 400 people. Nothing much, but I'm still not sure if i am or not, ya know?

I wouldn't consider myself all that popular.Recognizable as a rather odd fellow at most,maybe,but nothing noteworthy really.The few friends I have are more than enough.Though I would be lying if I said I sometimes didn't wish I knew less people than I already do know right now.

I don't have many friends in real life. Only like three friends? I think? We barely talk as well, only one of those friends has something like  a steam account. Part of me loves being alone. Part of me wants more friends. I'm a fluttershy, so I will not just go up to someone and say ''Hey! great day today, eh?'' I am most likely the one that will be sitting far away from everyone else or walking back in forth with my hands in my pockets, if my pants have any. Online i'm not as bad. I find it harder actually talking to someone face to face then through a screen. I'm not sure if I want to become more social and have more friends or not.

I've never been popular. When I was in school, the other kids would make fun of me or avoid me because I was so "weird". After graduating I pretty much grew apart from all of my friends. I've gotten back in contact with some of them recently, but they always say that they're too busy to get together. Meanwhile when I look on facebook, they've got all the time in the world for all of their other friends. I used to want to be popular (and part of me still does) but lately, I just want at least one true friend to spend time with. I do have one friend, my fiance. He's my soul mate, my best friend and the father of my baby but I've been depending on him so often now that it's starting to become a little stressful for him. I wish I had some female friends to hang with but it's hard finding real friends these days...

Neither. I have few friends, and I'm usually quite happy like that. If I'm being honest, I'm not really the easiest person to be around. Since childhood I've had this exceptional ability to entertain myself. Like Pinkie in the episode she goes bonkers... except without the bonkers part.This is going to sound horribly nerdy, but I'm very close to my books. I read and reread them, and become close to the characters. Sure they aren't real but it's enough for me.

In my opinion having tons of friends is really hard to keep up with and in my experience, very few of the mass amounts of friends you'll acquire are true friends that would accept me for who I am. I spent years hating myself, trying to change who I was, so people would give me a chance, and it just never happened. What did happen is I became miserable until I really stopped and assessed myself. I found out that I really liked me, and haven't looked back since!

I'm not advocating being a recluse, I go out and talk to people, I've had a boyfriend or two and just about the same amount of girlfriends. So defiantly don't shut yourself out of the world but don't sweat not being adored by the masses.

Also it helps that I live on a mini farm with 13 pets whom I spent an enormous amount of time with. They're much better than 90 percent of the people I've ever met in my life.

(edited)

My current popularity status is weird. Everyone knows who I am, but I don't consider any of them friends except for MAYBE 1 or 2. Honestly, I very strongly dislike 99% of my peers. But I don't really give a crap about being popular to begin with. All the popular people are douches. Most people at my school are, but still...

Edited by Sgt. Callisto
  • Brohoof 2

I don't mind the amount, I just need a quality friend. Lately all my friends have been making me feel like utter s***. Actually, I mostly have school friends, since our communication cease to exist when I arrive home. Few times I've been out with them, and they haven't been enjoyable either. I think because they consider me as a "secondary" friend. So if they have to tell someone a secret or a funny joke or anything in general, they never come to me. Which is kinda sad, because I would be a great friend if people wanted me to be one.

As for popularity, I'm kinda popular. Not only because I look very weird with my over sized coat and everyone notices me, but also because I'm very... Let's say, eccentric. Or random. I'm somewhat a mixture of Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy, in brony terms.

I got bullied pretty bad in school, until I started lifting weights and learned how to fight-then all the assholes that had beaten me up wanted to be my friends. 

I think it left me with a couple of character flaws-one of which being that I don't trust anyone fully-and as a result don't really have any friends-only aquaintances as others have said.

I think this fandom appeals to people of a certain mindset-but also to those who feel that, perhaps they had to grow up too quickly. I obviously don't know any of you irl, and probably never will-however I feel a kinship with most people I interact with here, as if we've dealt with a lot of the same crap.

Most people my age tell me that they only have one or two really close friends that they stay in touch with-so I guess we're not all that weird. In my experience you're better off not letting people get too close. Knowledge is power, and I'm very careful who I give that power to.

At my school I like to hang out with high schoolers. This sucks because our priciple has not let middle and high schoolers be together at all and being a middle schooler, that sucks. Also my gf is a high schooler so I can't hang out with her without being sneaky because I don't want to get caught. I will say that our principle is kinda dumb because the policy used to be you can only hold hands, but now if you try to hold hands with someone it's as if you're having sex. It's really REALLY dumb and I just wanted to put that out there.

I wasn't really popular. Wan't bothered about it either. I had friends from Primary school (Elementary school I think is the american term)  and I went to the same high school as them. I also made a few other friends. I was a hyperactive kid back in school because I had ADHD so people knew me for being a bit crazy. It was only until I was about 16 I started to get bullied a bit, because I didn't follow the crowd and was a bit small then, so naturally I was one of the ones t get picked on. But then I had developed DID (Dissociative Identity Disorder) and was constantly acting erratically  That was when the bullying stopped, because they became afraid of things I would say to them, I had even caused a couple of the kids to move to a different school. I still had my small group of friends, although I tend to stay in nowadays, I've also moved further away and money is short to see them, but I'm not really that bothered about it. I tend to dislike  most people altogether, which is why I wouldn't want to be popular.

(I think I got a bit carried away :P)

I don't consider myself popular, but I have a decent amount of friends and acquaintances.  I tag along with friends when they go to clubs, dinner or just out in general, and sometimes they invite others to come along.  I've met a lot of people, though I'm always forgetting people's names blush.png .  I feel kinda bad about it when people come up to me and remember my name, but I forget theirs, or worse, I don't remember them.  I've gotta work on that.  

I've been told I'm non threatening and have a nice personality, and I get along well with most people which helps.  I still wouldn't say I'm popular though.  

Well, I am popular.  Quite so in fact since I'm a mix of American and Malaysia in Malaysia.  And I live in a small town.  So they must find me exciting Cx Which is nice actually.  Although I consider very few of them my actual friends.  Not because their really bad...but because their just not...right for me.

Random students pass me and my 'friend' by (usually the younger ones) and say "Hi!" to me.  So I smile and say "Hi!" back or just smile and nod.  And then as we walk a bit further away, I nudge my 'friend' and say "I don't know you that is..." 

Because I don't.  xD

And...I suppose a few boys talk to me, which is saying something since over here in Malaysia girls are pretty much never friends with boys unless its more then friends.  (I hate this so much but what can I do?)

Yes.  The other students, the older ones they all talk to me sometimes just randomly.  Or just bother me because I'm shy and automatically just smile and lower my head.  (usually my sisters boy classmates)  I suppose they find it either entertaining, adorable, or just...I don't know, maybe they want to see if they can get me to talk to them?

And the students my age talk me sometimes.  Other times they don't.  Which is just sad.  Everyone else seems to want to talk to me except for the ones that I can really talk to more often xD

And finally, teachers.  So many teachers just like me.  I don't know why.  Twice in two days, a teacher passed by me and flicked my hair.  And sometimes the teacher just calls me over to talk to me.  And another of my teachers mentions me, or talks to me in class every chance he gets.  I suppose its because he knew me a bit since I was younger and he teaches me English, and I'm good in English xD  One of my teachers even calls me 'artist'.  Even my strict teacher everyone either doesn't like, or is afraid of has told my sister how 'cute' and 'shy' and 'hard-working' I am.  Which is...weird, since she teaches me History.  And I fail in history.  And she knows that.  Oh, and in primary school, I remember one of my teachers said to another teacher 'I can't stay mad at her, I mean look at that face!'

...I think I'm done.  Cx

Life is surely interesting.

(edited)

I don't know what people think of me (nor do I care)

If I cared I couldn't have my two best friends. I used to be popular in a different state. 

I can tell you for a fact that popularity is nothing. I would rather have 1 good friend than 200 people who don't even try to know you. they help me out a lot. 

Edited by XxSAINExX

Back in the day when this forum was young I used to fight to be popular among the ranks of the community here... then I found out it was much better just to connect to a few select individuals and not worry about public opinion...

...Which is weird because that's my stance for "real-life" popularity.

I am just fine with the friends I have right now. I consider pretty much all of my coworkers my friends, and most people on this forum are my friends.

I'm definitely not popular, I'm too quiet for that, but I do have a lot of friends, and I'm fine with the amount I have. I've never really wanted to be popular anyway. Most popular people are kinda jerks. :/

Besides, even though a lot of teens dream about being in the spotlight of attention, it's really not worth it. One of my close friends used to be popular, but she said she greatly preferred being around a few nice people than a bunch of jerks. 

I have to say that im kinda popular.... Well, I have a lot of friends, most of them aren't "real" friends tough. I don't really care about being noticed and all but I have to admit I would like to get my art popular tough! :D

I know it sounds pretty depressing, but I don't think I have any proper friends at the moment. For example, I don't trust anybody outside the internet enough to tell them I'm a brony. I do have friends, of course, but there are times I wish I could actually tell them how I was feeling without being viewed as weak or strange.

I used to try to be popular, but I gave up after the first year of secondary school. Throughout years 8, 9 and 10 I was just a bitter reject, until about year 11 when I started to mature. Now I despise popularity, not because I'm jealous, but because of what it turns you into: An asshat with complete disregard for the feeling of others, especially those who aren't so popular. Trust me, I've been on the blunt end of it enough times.

I'll admit I'm not perfect. I've done horrible things, but at least I've been remorseful and tried to apologize afterwords. Most kids at my school couldn't give two shits about the person they've hurt, emotionally or physically. And that's basically why I'm not popular, aside from my trust and paranoia issues.

I don't usually consider myself popular, even if some people would view me as being popular. I usually live life on my own, as the majority of my friends are too busy working, attending different colleges or even doing parenting stuff. If I had a couple of friends, that'd make me feel a bit happy, even though I'm usually on my own and such.

I'm only 20 years old and the two friends I'm in close-ish touch with are 32 and 42 respectively. Some people just don't mesh with their own age group well. Of course I wasn't exactly a outcast, everyone seemed to know who I was and say high to me, and I talked in classed and stuff, i just didn't really talk to them much outside of school.  

Friends? The fate of Equestria does not lie on my making friends! But really, I don't have many friends... actually, there really aren't any people that I hang out with on a regular basis. There's people from my church that I see on Sundays and Wednesdays, and I had a few friends move away so I don't see them much.

This fall I'm going to college and I'm planning on changing the situation.