Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who could replace the Mane 6?

Props Valroa

Obviously, Starlight would most likely become the element of Magic, as in the show, that is suggested.

I think the element of loyalty could, possibly, go to Scootaloo.

Genorosity for Sweetie Belle.

And Apple Bloom the element of honesty (Which was vaguely hinted at in Where the Apple Lies)

In other words, they could replace their sisters/ role models.

Of course, the obvious option for laughter is Cheese Sandwich, but I don't think the role would work for him.

And, finally, Kindness. Everyone in the Equestria is pretty kind.

The other possibilities, the Background 6, and the current fillies.

• Brohoof 1

@leanbrony17

I mean if the Mane 6 got killed off, what would the element bearers be?

Oh i'm sure that derpy, hooves, lyra, octavia, vinyl and bon bon would make a great job as new mane 6. Their element abillities could be discovered as like aa by the mane 6 themselfs. And then they could do their job as new mane 6.

I imagine Big Macintosh should get Honesty, Cheese Sandwich should get Laughter, and Cheerilee should get Kindness.

Yes, makes sense. 

Obviously, Starlight would most likely become the element of Magic, as in the show, that is suggested.

I think the element of loyalty could, possibly, go to Scootaloo.

Genorosity for Sweetie Belle.

And Apple Bloom the element of honesty (Which was vaguely hinted at in Where the Apple Lies)

In other words, they could replace their sisters/ role models.

Of course, the obvious option for laughter is Cheese Sandwich, but I don't think the role would work for him.

And, finally, Kindness. Everyone in the Equestria is pretty kind.

The other possibilities, the Background 6, and the current fillies.

Hmm... Could Trixie be one of the elements?

Oh i'm sure that derpy, hooves, lyra, octavia, vinyl and bon bon would make a great job as new mane 6. Their element abillities could be discovered as like aa by the mane 6 themselfs. And then they could do their job as new mane 6.

Perhaps.

• Brohoof 1

There is always the possibility she could be the element of Magic, but I'm not sure any of the other elements would fit her personality. And again, Starlight is the best fit for Magic.

Starlight is the best fit. Perhaps both both of them would share the element of magic since they are both skilled at magic?

• Brohoof 1

Starlight is the best fit. Perhaps both both of them would share the element of magic since they are both skilled at magic?

There is no evidence two ponies can share an element, but that is, perhaps a possibility, although Trixie is more skilled at illusion, the type of "Magic" we witness on Earth, whereas Starlight is an expert in magic.

There is no evidence two ponies can share an element, but that is, perhaps a possibility, although Trixie is more skilled at illusion, the type of "Magic" we witness on Earth, whereas Starlight is an expert in magic.

Hmm, makes sense. I think Starlight should be an alicorn at some point, you agree? 

• Brohoof 1

Hmm, makes sense. I think Starlight should be an alicorn at some point, you agree? 

It would most likely cause the Brony fandom to have a breakdown, but, yes, it is very likely that will happen at some stage. Even a new generation focusing on Princess Starlight instead of Twilight. 

It would most likely cause the Brony fandom to have a breakdown, but, yes, it is very likely that will happen at some stage. Even a new generation focusing on Princess Starlight instead of Twilight. 

I would love to see that. Starlight would look so cute as a princess

• Brohoof 1

Well going with your actual question on who could fill in each "official" role my best guesses would be

Starlight = magic
Cheerilee = Kindness
Big Mac = Honesty

Night Glider - Loyalty
Derpy = Laughter
Lyra = Generosity (this one was sort of tough for me to decide upon)

Some are not quite as well matched up as the original Mane 6. How about instead of replacing any of the mane 6, why not just add new elements and get characters that fit them? Even if some of the elements don't seem all that useful or are similar to an existing one, it would be a way to add a separate "6" without shoehorning characters into roles that just don't fit them very well. Plus it lets me add 6 other characters I like into roles that I think are pretty fun to imagine. :P

Octavia - Music
Trixie - Illusion
Doctor Whooves - Intelligence
Night Glider - Quickness
Party Favor - Humor
Big Mac - Strength

• Brohoof 3

Well going with your actual question on who could fill in each "official" role my best guesses would be

Starlight = magic

Cheerilee = Kindness

Big Mac = Honesty

Night Glider - Loyalty

Derpy = Laughter

Lyra = Generosity (this one was sort of tough for me to decide upon)

Some are not quite as well matched up as the original Mane 6. How about instead of replacing any of the mane 6, why not just add new elements and get characters that fit them? Even if some of the elements don't seem all that useful or are similar to an existing one, it would be a way to add a separate "6" without shoehorning characters into roles that just don't fit them very well. Plus it lets me add 6 other characters I like into roles that I think are pretty fun to imagine. :P

Octavia - Music

Trixie - Illusion

Doctor Whooves - Intelligence

Night Glider - Quickness

Party Favor - Humor

Big Mac - Strength

Hmm, thats very well thought out, what element would Trixie have? Element of illusions? 

• Brohoof 1

Luckily, there are plenty of secondary characters who would be more than ready to take up the mantle should the Mane Six suddenly disappear from the scene--we had an example of that in the season six finale so the possibility isn't really farfetched. Starlight would obviously be the leader since Twilight has been personally grooming her, and Trixie would also come along as she is the former's best friend and has proven to be quite the powerful anchor when it comes to friendship and support.

I think the CMC should be given the chance to step up given what they've experience from the midway point of season five and onwards by receiving their cutie marks. I'd even give Maud Pie a chance although she would be a difficult element to pin down given that stoic attitude of hers. Big Mac should also be given a chance to take up the mantle as he still remains the most powerful male character in terms of personality among ponies--Discord is his own personality--as Shining Armour has his own issues to worry about.

• Brohoof 1

Big Mac should also be given a chance to take up the mantle as he still remains the most powerful male character in terms of personality among ponies

Not to mention his physical power. I can imagine him just plain steamrolling through an army of evil forces. That'd be pretty awesome.

Not to mention his physical power. I can imagine him just plain steamrolling through an army of evil forces. That'd be pretty awesome.

They say that he can pull an entire house by himself without any strain on him.

• Brohoof 1

Who could replace the Mane 6 hm? Interesting.

Magic of Friendship - Starlight (this one is a no-brainer, especially as Twilight's pupil)

Kindness - Maud Pie (for obvious reasons) or Tree Hugger

Generosity - Coco Pommel (obvious again) or Coloratura (aka Rara)

Laughter - Derpy!!

Loyalty - Daring Do (she is a Dashie palette swap, and "working alone" never stopped her from saving them)

Honesty - Trixie (she could also go for Loyalty tbh...just like a certain Applejack)

And with this, we have 2 earth ponies, 2 pegasi and 2 unicorns! As for why Trixe for the element of Honesty? Same reason as why Dashie has Loyalty despite her overblown ego. Because when push comes to shove, Trixie (after reformation) drops all pretence and can be trusted 100%. And it's made all the more powerful with how she used to be. Trixie has learnt a LOT about honesty, just like Twilight has learnt a lot about friendship.

• Brohoof 1