Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why I think the FlutterDash ship has legitimacy now

Tilgoreth

Personally I always shipped Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash. Because they where my two favorite characters. And they where for me the most instantly likeable and relatable characters. So that's why I paired them. But recently I heard someone explain why they didn't like the FlutterDash ship. They said that they felt Rainbow Dash was to insensitive and brash to pair well with Fluttershy. And that Rainbow Dash had abused Fluttershy before. Almost instantly a handful of examples came to mind. So I sort of gave up on the ship. But recently I thought about how Fluttershy was in season six. Season one Fluttershy definitely would have been abused (emotionally) by Rainbow Dash. In FlutterBrutter Fluttershy is assertive while also still being kind. She helps her brother by forcing him to work and not just letting him laze around. But it all come from the love she feels for him. And even Rainbow Dash was believable in that episode. I think it might have been the first Rainbow and Fluttershy episode where Rainbow Dash wasn't trying to motivate Fluttershy to do something. It was just them hanging out. And unlike Rarity and Applejack it didn't feel forced. It was believable that they would hang out. Because season six Fluttershy is much more mature and assertive then she used to be. But she is still kind at heart. And all the things she do come from that kindness. So yeah in terms of a relationship Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy make sense to me.

• Brohoof 1

Fluttershy is toughening up thanks to Rainbow Dash and her other friends. Dash is only hard on Fluttershy most of the time because she wants to see her succeed, not always purely out of spite.

Besides, Rainbow Dash dominating being with Fluttershy is something I support as well.

• Brohoof 2

Fluttershy is toughening up thanks to Rainbow Dash and her other friends. Dash is only hard on Fluttershy most of the time because she wants to see her succeed, not always purely out of spite.

Besides, Rainbow Dash dominating being with Fluttershy is something I support as well.

Yeah that was my point. Fluttershy is assertive enough now to realistically be with Rainbow Dash.
  • Brohoof 2

I'm with it. Rainbow Dash likes it when her girl Fluttershy bites back stands up for herself.

You know I can still read those lines you crossed out. Man that reminds me of the Rainbow Dash from Friendship Is For Adults. "I'm the lesbian!" and "Wowing these smaller town mares!" Are my favorite lines from r in that series.
  • Brohoof 1

You can? I had absolutely no idea.

I've never watched that series before but from the sound of it, I should.

Its twisted in that the characters are so completely different from how they actually are. But if your not offend by crude humor or language then it's great.
  • Brohoof 2

Its twisted in that the characters are so completely different from how they actually are. But if your not offend by crude humor or language then it's great.

I'm sure I won't be offended one bit. If anything, I'll be greatly pleased.

thumb.png

• Brohoof 3

The writers said RD wasn't gay. I am not a fan of ships that break canon.

So your not a homophobe then? Also you don't get ships. It's a fan thing. It is t based off whether the ship's are realistic. Also like 90% of mlp ships are gay or lesbian.

So your not a homophobe then? Also you don't get ships. It's a fan thing. It is t based off whether the ship's are realistic. Also like 90% of mlp ships are gay or lesbian.

If you are a homophobe I bet my profile picture makes you angry.

I would say this is reaching it a bit. I also don't go with shippings at all because they're all non-canon.

That's just your personal opinion.

Straight ships are boring?

Don't tell that to Mr. and Mrs. Cake...

sig-4766759.mr_and_mrs_cake_by_anarchemi

I never cared for them. But what I said was just my opinion.

Meh even if they had lesbianism canon couples I don't think you would want it. DHX seems to just suck at the whole romance thing. The whole attempt on romance is so stale.

I guess I can see what you mean.

If I want to go by "this ship is the most likely to happen in canon" it's Rarijack, Flutterdash and Sunlight to me, the writers show a massively clear preference to pairing up Rarity and AJ and Fluttershy and Dash, and SunLight is just easy to see happening IMO but really none of them will so who really cares.

• Brohoof 1

Not sure how it ends at a personal opinion. What is canon is canon what isn't is not canon but mere fanon or fan theory.

You win I don't care anymore.

Gee, it's almost as if they're best friends or something.

'll fun. I like the show MLP. It is good.

If I want to go by "this ship is the most likely to happen in canon" it's Rarijack, Flutterdash and Sunlight to me, the writers show a massively clear preference to pairing up Rarity and AJ and Fluttershy and Dash, and SunLight is just easy to see happening IMO but really none of them will so who really cares.

I was just saying my opinion. Also is