Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why are so many people opposed to this film being great?

TheAnimatorOfficial

It's as if some of you want this film to be mediocre and forgettable like the EG films.

I keep hearing arguments such as:

Why target so and so? We matter the most

If it doesn't have pop songs it's not MLP

I hate the new animation why can't it be Flash?

These new voice actors are taking over the Mane 6

Do you guys not get that a MLP episode 5 times longer will not cut it? 

I don't think anyone is opposed to the film being great.. I think some just have short sighted complaints without seeing the finished product. It is basically back seat reviewing in a manner of speaking.

Which happens with just about EVERYTHING these days.

Seriously... go look at any upcoming game, movie, anime or whatever trailer or preview.... and no matter where it is in production you will see an endless list of "Crap", "Sucks", "Pure garbage" comments from people. You just have to get used to it honestly.

No one knows how the film will do... and for the most part i imagine most people here would be thrilled to have the film be "great!" After all, no one really wants to go spend "x" amount of dollars to go see a film and walk away being disappointed even though some will... it is just the nature of things. We can't all like everything equally. The only people I can see truly wanting it to fail are those who just hate the franchise as a whole, and they are not the targets for the film anyway, so their opinions don't really matter at all.

• Brohoof 2

Everyone wants this film to be great, you just keep bringing your expectations astronimically high, acting like it's the second coming as if it's gonna start another animation revolution, while everyone is doing their best to keep things reasonable

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 4

It is a typical thing nowadays for some bronies to immediately call doom and gloom on something new with FiM. Most of what I have seen about the film is just that and we don't even have a damn trailer yet. I have seen people saying 'Oh, this movie will stand no chance against this other movie' and are we really supposed to care? I sure don't.

• Brohoof 2

A lot of people want this movie to be great, but people like me are trying to keep our expectations to a reasonable level, given some of the downright unreasonable expectations that some people have been placing upon a film we haven't even had a trailer or teaser for yet.

• Brohoof 4

Here we go again:

People here are actually opposed to having the film 10-15 minutes longer in order to have better pacing.

Wanting a shorter film just for the sake of it is stupid and the very defenition of mediocrity.

If anything it tells me you have little faith in the movie(which, again, we know barely anything about) if you if you have that much of an issue with its runtime 

Besides the fact that money is involved(which makes unnecessary runtime a waste) and wanting the movie to be longer for the sake of it runs the risk of creating unnecessary bloat, there are plenty of examples of movies that have been able to tell great stories under a modest amount of time

• Brohoof 1

If anything it tells me you have little faith in the movie(which, again, we know barely anything about) if you if you have that much of an issue with its runtime

Besides the fact that money is involved(which makes unnecessary runtime a waste) and wanting the movie to be longer for the sake of it runs the risk of creating unnecessary bloat, there are plenty of examples of movies that have been able to tell great stories under a modest amount of time

I'm not requiring a run time I'm making a suggestion that they should take the extra time if needed and not try to cram everything for the sake of it.

I have tons of faith in this film but I will judge it from a movie critic's perspective and not purely a Brony's perspective (however it might influence my overall enjoyment).

Here we go again:

People here are actually opposed to having the film 10-15 minutes longer in order to have better pacing.

Wanting a shorter film just for the sake of it is stupid and the very defenition of mediocrity.

If anything movies now days are too long. Every movie does not need to be 2+ hours long. Most of the time it just drags along, while half of the theater just wants it to end. Think of old classic movies they are most always short, specifically by today's standards.