Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will Starlight be in the movie?

Tilgoreth

Starlight's voice actress said outright on Twitter a few days ago that she will not be in the movie. Since the script was probably in the finishing stages before they decided to make her more prominent in the show than as a villain, I'm not surprised.

As for the toys of Starlight bearing the movie logo, that's marketing for you. They'll be doing that for every toy they ship this year whether it actually appears in the film or not.

Edited by Red Cedar
  • Brohoof 2

Nothing officially said... but... a mysterious toy for the movie coming out. A hint of things to come perhaps?

sig-4815956.glimmy+in+movie.jpg

She has her old mane style, so this could take place before Season 6 and after Season 5 when Twilight was still sort of the central character.

• Brohoof 1

She has her old mane style, so this could take place before Season 6 and after Season 5 when Twilight was still sort of the central character.

I hope they do it in a good way, not some randomized something else....

Don't get your hopes up too high. See Red Ceder's post above. It is a marketing ploy for the most part. At best they may have her in an nonspeaking role as a background character. There is still that possibility, although even that is at best a long shot.

• Brohoof 3

Don't get your hopes up too high. See Red Ceder's post above. It is a marketing ploy for the most part. At best they may have her in an nonspeaking role as a background character. There is still that possibility, although even that is at best a long shot.

I hope she isn't written off.

• Brohoof 1

That's where you're wrong kiddo, she appears in a lot of the movie's toyline actually.

yeh i saw the toy fair, i rest my cast.

and "kiddo"? haha  i don't think so.  xp

I dont think so, since she doesn't appear  in the movie toyline.

is funny how you said that two posts below this one :P

Nothing officially said... but... a mysterious toy for the movie coming out. A hint of things to come perhaps?

sig-4815956.glimmy+in+movie.jpg

• Brohoof 2

I'm assuming she won't be written out of the show sometime during season seven. The two leaked episode titles lead me to believe that she'll at least be in the majority of season seven. Maybe the finale will involve Chrysalis and Starlight will leave afterwards.

• Brohoof 1

....o

are those wings on her? :x

i doubt it, it looks like something else.. or who knows, maybe they spoiled the surprise like they did with twilight back in season 3 :P

i doubt it, it looks like something else.. or who knows, maybe they spoiled the surprise like they did with twilight back in season 3 :P

eh, looked at some other images, its just she's packed with a recolor of a dress made for twilight, so its got wing holes in it, which gave off that impression.

Edited by Unlikeable Pony