Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does mlp make people more emotionally soft?

leonbrony17

For myself it's a strong escape from reality, which is usually quite grim and "adult". If it's bringing me happiness and new meaning to my life then it's making my life richer and more meaningful, for me atleast. Before I started watching the show I was a pretty vile person to know, not because I was a complete butt to everyone but because I saw no reason in committing to being a positive or a good role model in life. This show however has changed that for me, like drastically, I now view the world in a more positive light and am happier to be alive in it with lots of fellow admirers of the show (pony world is best world).

I don't think it exactly made me soft, but it surely did bring out the softer side of me. Which is good, for me at least.

I know what you mean.  Me too.  The show made me more willing and comfortable showing and embracing my softer side.  I think it's made me try to look for the softer side in others, too.  Kinda the ol' "look for kindness, expect kindness, and that's what you'll get in return" sort of thing, as cheesy as that sounds.  But it's true.  I think the show has taught me that a softer side is a truly wonderful thing to be embraced.  That's one of the biggest impressions it has left on me.

MLP never effected my emotions. Maybe because I keep my emotions in check most of the time.

Hey, well, that's never a bad way to go, either.

leonard-nimoy-who-played-spock-on-star-t

well, i'm not sure really, never watched much that could bring out the tears before.
before i started watching MLP, i only sniffled a tad when animals died/got treated badly.
after i started on this, it certainly did bring out a sad feeling when something bad happened (like Twily being rejected by Celestia after being influenced by king Sombras fear spell).
Maybe i had it in me all the time, may it came out of the closet.

I honestly have to say that MLP:FiM hasn't affected me emotionally at all but it has helped me socialize with people that have far different interests and hobbies than my own since I generally always hung out with the same people in middle and high school.

• Brohoof 1

I was coming out of a high stress time and it certainly helped my comfort and mental health, but I am still a bit non-social. It was my choice knowing I would get better from watching it though, because I couldn't handle the stress anymore.