Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Are you ready for Next Gen consoles?‎ Or what you expect from them.

SrFrog

What about you, are you ready for the next console wave? What would you like them to improve on. Or why it might not be yet time for them.

E.G. Next-gen console to blocks used games?

I'm probably gonna skip this gen, the wii u hasn't impressed me thus far and it'll ages till xbox 720 + PS4 are released soo yeah.

(plus I don't feel like spending a lot of money xD)

(edited)

Im not eager for it only because I just got a brand new Xbox 360 Slim, (GoW Edition :wub: ) I dont need anything new just yet nor need to spend any money.

Wii U sounds just rediculous and Ive never liked Playstation so they dont even matter.

Edited by Kirby

(edited)

I dont want any cd/ dvds. Kill them with fire.

Edited by Jokuc

Am I really the only one who is going to get the Wii U?

Well, I don't know if I have the money, but the game line up is looking interesting. :)

I want better games.

But the only vibe I'm getting from the Wii U is more gimmicks and more "we don't need power for good gameplay". After the Wii, that does not work on me anymore. It has no foundation.

So right now I'm really not excited. There isn't much Nintendo can do at this point. They just released Skyward Sword, so no new Zelda anytime soon, and Sakurai just started on Super Smash Bros. 4 (or is getting ready to? Not sure. Either way, it's a long ways out) and those are the titles they could really get me excited for the system with. However, looks like another New Super Mario Bros. is what they have instead. And Pikmin 3. I'm happy for the Pikmin fans and everything, but that series was never for me.

(edited)

I heard that the next gen consoles wont be backwards compatibility meaning you wont be able to bye used games or take you're owned games to a friend house and play them there. I heard that if Sony and Microsoft goes through with this that Gamestop will not sell the new console cause of that issue.

http://drspaniel.hub...Play-Used-Games

http://www.insidegam...lay-used-games/

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI_vGXi96Mg&feature=related

Edited by LuthianDracul

Ehh, I don't play much on consoles anymore but I think it's a big fail right there blocking people from buying used games. But if I recall correctly, they weren't gonna block them, but charge 10$ or something for the new owner of the game so they can play it online.

And I'm not impressed by the rumored specs for the new consoles at all. PC builds from 2008-2009 still beats the next gen consoles.

Still, I won't judge it's performance until they've officially given out their specs and shown a proper demo of it.

I still believe the Wii U will fail tho, seeing as Nintendo's first demo was all about it's graphics and recently they've changed their act saying the graphics doesn't matter and that the gameplay is the most important (I agree).

Still, they stated that they wanted to hop into the hardcore market with all the great titles and compete against microsoft and sony. Gave me a nice laugh. Wii U is supposedly going to be around, if not lower performance then our current gen consoles.

Honestly I believe nintendo is going to struggle in the next gen battle. Microsoft might be able to dominate if they really do add in a 12 core cpu for their next console. And sadly I haven't heard to much from sony. Only that they first stated that they wouldn't make a PS4 and then months later down the road they changed their mind and stated that they would make one. They even claimed it would be more powerful then the next console from microsoft but that it also would be released later then the xbox. Honestly, if it's the same deal as when the PS3 and X360 looking almost identicall despite the better hardware in the PS3 and then being released later then the xbox then they're going to have another fail.

I'm certainly ready for Nintendo in the next generation. I like Wii games and all, but I'm glad they've got a powerful(which quite a few developers are proclaiming Wii U to be, fyi) HD console coming. ^_^