Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your FIRST time being TRUELY terrified

Cirrus.

I don't know the first time.

One incident that springs into mind is shortly after I moved into my apartment years ago. I woke up in the middle of the night to loud noise in my living room area. It turned out that one of the decorations we hung up on the wall (a decoration made of medal) had become partially detached and was swinging around making noise up against the wall. It about gave me a heart attack before I noticed what it was!

• Brohoof 2

I don’t get terrified very easily really. 

Really last time I remember being terrified was on a flight back home from Orlando years ago.   We were trying to beat some tornado weather. 

Flight went fine the entire trip until on descent we got into the clouds and the plane started getting beat to hell by the wind.  

It was fortunate we were at a stage in flight where seatbelts were required to be buckled, cause if not we would have ended up being one of those flights on the news where people had to go to the hospital because they hit the ceiling from turbulence.   It was insane, and I haven’t experienced anything like that since. 

But it wasn’t that that terrified me, I thought it was fun tbh, I was terrified my sister who was sitting next to me was going to puke on me lol cause she gets motion sick. :D

I can’t say I’ve ever experienced anything terrifying enough to scorch my brain though. 

• Brohoof 1

I was 3. I was in my bed. There was a small window near the ceiling above my bed.

I assume I was in that half-sleep stage where your dreams kind of mesh with reality. And as I stared up at the window , there was a flash of lightning and and GIANT, RED-EYED BEAR WAS IN THE WINDOW. Think the bear from The Fox and the Hound.

F8C5D45A-4259-4F4D-94D9-81EBC26CE454.thumb.jpeg.e046e5c815dbb831c83e880fed914d38.jpeg

Man, I screamed my little toddler head off. Ran from my room into my parents room and scrambled into their bed, telling them about the giant scary bear outside my window.

It’s really interesting in hindsight. Because I used to hide from the scary parts in Disney movies. I apparently didn’t like Lucifer the cat and the Beast freaked me out when he was mad, and I’d hide behind the couch.

But I never hid from the Fox and the Hound bear. Maybe the fact that it was IN MY WINDOW instead of on the tv was what really got me.

• Brohoof 1

I remember when I was real little, I was convinced there were dinosaur shadows in my grandparent’s house upstairs. I was afraid of that room for a long time until I got older and realized that it would be weird if dinosaurs were in that room.

• Brohoof 3

One time I watched like a ghost stories or something like that and I was like 10 and I got so scared  I like his under my covers for the next year =/ (have no idea WHY I kept watching them...)

I was like six and I WAS TERRIFIED of earthquakes it was my first one I was literally sitting underneath the table like the whole day...

• Brohoof 3

I was ~10, all my parents were working and I was alone with my uncle, but he was in his room far from my room. It was late and I went to bed and switched off all light. I was very afraid of darkness and the terror slowly built up really high. I'm not sure if it was a dream, reality or mix, but I remember I was laying in bed, it was very dark and hot and I was scared to move even my fingers and my breath was heavy. It felt like eternity

Edited by Vefka

I forgot how old I was, but one time there was a tornado and my parents had to drive us to one of our grandparent’s houses cause at the time we didn’t have a basement. That part by itself was scary. I was freaked out while we were sitting in the basement, too, cause we were just listening to the news broadcast on the radio waiting for everything to be over.

As a side note, apparently two of our family members were completely unphased and sat upstairs all night :okiedokieloki:

• Brohoof 1

I am listening to my best friend's histories about his childhood and his dad, and it is terrifying. I am glad I am not him (though my dad was 10 times worse, doesn't add up!)

The first thing in my life to terrify me was when I was around 2 years old. It was by best description available a hallucination of what I can best describe in hindsight as resembling a really angry super saiyan standing in the kitchen. Complete with glowing and yelling. It's still vivid in my head after all these years. I remember seeing it and trying to run as fast as I could up the hallway. My parents were present and obviously didn't see it and wondered what the heck spooked me so badly. I kept seeing a lot of weird stuff at that age that nobody else saw.