Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think Twilight really deserves to be a Princess?

Azureth

(edited)

How is there even a debate to this?

Because people apparently have nothing better to do.

I honestly thought we were over the whole 'Twilicorn' thing a few years ago.

Anyway, Season 4, she gives up the Elements of Harmony to save Ponyville from being destroyed, she fights Tirek, losing her house to protect Ponyville again as well as Equestria.  In Season 5, she helps stop Starlight Glimmer, and for that matter, REFORMS her.  And then in Season 6, goes on to help solve several other problems. 

So does she deserve to be a Princess?  Undeniably.  Even if this show admittedly does have the tendency to be The Twilight Sparkle Show Featuring the Mane Six.

Edited by SBaby
  • Brohoof 1

Sheesh!

Let's see

She beat Nightmare Moon & saved/reformed Luna

Beat & recaptured Discord

Saved Cadance & returned her in time to save Canterlot after Celestia failed

Defeated Sombra & saved the Crystal Empire

If that's not enough, WHAT IS?  The only quarrel I have with it is that she didn't do it alone, the other Mane 6 should have gotten something too.

I mean she saved the world a bunch of times so yeah. It did feel like her becoming princess would fit more of a finale to the show though. Because the writing to princess celestia about friendship lessons and being celestias student was a major plot point for the series. So then they had to make the map as a new plot device. It also kinda just ended her story arc. So yeah they probably should have waited on that, but I mean if anyone has earned it it's her.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...

Well, if twilight became a princess from changing back cutie mark's from using the elements, does that mean starlight deserves to be a alicorn too for switching the princesses cutiemarks with just HER OWN MAGIC?! But yeah, Twilight did deserve to become a alicor

Edited by ilovedashiemlp
forgot to write something else

I think she definitely does but again not at the time she became princess. She became princess and for almost an entire season right after she was not sure why she became princess and why was that important and relevant to the world. Celestia wtf, was she really prepared or did you forced her?

• Brohoof 1

No way, it was a big mistake... Discord can't you do something about this travesty?! :eww::glimmer:

Seriously, of course she deserved it, maybe they could have built it up a bit more, but she deserved to become a princess and eventually the "queen".