Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What was the last thing that made you cry?

ManaMinori

For me, it's watching the 20/20 interview "Stranded", about the young woman, Amber, who took a wrong turn in the Arizona desert, due to following her GPS, an watching her survival story. I was crying a bit as I watched it, but just lost it when her dad started breaking down, after realizing that he was looking for his daughter in the wrong location. I can't even imagine. 

• Brohoof 1

I have teared up before watching some things but the last time I cried full force was back in 2013 when I listened to MicTheMicrophone reading My Little Dashie. Damn I never cried so hard in my life. :(

I don't tend to cry that much on the outside given that I don't like showing my emotions, but I do enjoy crying on the inside as it allows me to feel comfort knowing that others wouldn't judge me for how I feel. Even now, I cry on the inside over having lost my final grandparent and one of my uncles within mere days of one another.

For some reason I woke up with tears in my eyes today since I had just had a dream where people got really mad at me for something I did.
But the last time I cried for real was when I found out my succulent has died. I really liked that plant.

(edited)

A few days ago, when I was lying in my bathtub with my head underwater with my eyes closed. All of the sudden, through my eyelids, I could see the bathroom getting really dark, as if someone turned the lights off. I immediately opened my eyes and for a fraction of a second, I could see a dark shadow standing above me on my left side. I stood up instantly, shaking, only to see that the water in the bathtub has somehow turned a funny dark red color in the meantime. I was scared, tears falling down my cheeks, and couldn't sleep for the rest of the night.

Edited by misty_sunrise

7 hours ago, misty_sunrise said:

A few days ago, when I was lying in my bathtub with my head underwater with my eyes closed. All of the sudden, through my eyelids, I could see the bathroom getting really dark, as if someone turned the lights off. I immediately opened my eyes and for a fraction of a second, I could see a dark shadow standing above me on my left side. I stood up instantly, shaking, only to see that the water in the bathtub has somehow turned a funny dark red color in the meantime. I was scared, tears falling down my cheeks, and couldn't sleep for the rest of the night.

blanket_woona_by_mamandil-d5ce1jf.png

How long did you hold your breath for? Also was it close to bed time?

Probably when my ex-broke up with me... I had a feeling it was a bad idea dating one of my recording buddies, but I couldn't say no when she asked me out since I had been the one keeping her from hurting herself. When she said it was over yes I cried for about a minute. It hurt many things I felt I lost an old friend, I feared what she might do, and my self esteem went down the shitter at the same time. She had told me she crushed on me for 3 years... we barely lasted 3 months. That was a long time ago and I've moved on, can't remember any other time before... I rarely cry.

3 hours ago, misty_sunrise said:

It was 11 pm. I didn't hold my breath for too long, 10 seconds tops.

Hypnagogic hallucinations occur at night near sleeping time when you are relaxed or trying to sleep, it could be that. If that's when you normally sleep or you were particularly tired that day it'd make more sense.

Shopping for my daughter's birthday yesterday. She turns 16 this month. She spent her 15th birthday with me at a Pony convention while my late wife was home, so the last time we were all together for my daughter's birthday was in 2015 when she turned 14. The realization of that was definitely a wet eye moment. 

• Brohoof 2

My cat that passed away last week, 10 years old.  That combined with university stress, software development being a pain, and my dad not talking to me for months was enough to make me break down at night for a few hours.  Seems like it just keeps getting harder.  I relish the moments when life is calm now more than ever before.

Happy this topic was made, it's nice to let things out once in a while.

• Brohoof 2

On 4/1/2017 at 0:59 AM, Nightmare Muffin said:

For me, it's watching the 20/20 interview "Stranded", about the young woman, Amber, who took a wrong turn in the Arizona desert, due to following her GPS, an watching her survival story. I was crying a bit as I watched it, but just lost it when her dad started breaking down, after realizing that he was looking for his daughter in the wrong location. I can't even imagine. 

For me, well my uncle recently died...that's all I'm sharing..... 🙁

• Brohoof 1