Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What is your sexuality ?

DashingRainbow36

Recently I've not been 100% certain... and it's something I've been terrified to talk about. I only started to think about sexuality in any form when I was 14, now 23 years old. In those 9 years, I've been thinking of myself as straight. What happened? Well... I met someone who at the time was terribly hurt from losing a loved one to suicide. Well, he made a bit of a scene about at the forums we used to go to and while some (possibly more than I think) dismissed him as being a liar for the sole sake of getting attention, I instead took him under my wing so to speak. We traded PMs and I would be this comforting figure for him which was working pretty well. What I thought was "I'm a guy, he's a guy, I'm straight, he's probably straight, nothing's going to happen". Well that kinda turned out to be wrong. He kinda slipped first but I calmly declined any inclination to take things further and reassured him that it wasn't going to damage our friendship. Later it went to Skype and then I was starting to have those feelings... Not that it was new but I dismissed them as flukes until it started happening more often. I felt scared... Well... ultimately I decided to attempt an RP and gawd did that turn out to be awkward. The thing is, I can't see myself doing much or any of the acts that homosexual males do... It just isn't my thing. It's really confusing that I could develop such feelings for a guy but not be able to do any deeds. I really do't know what to make of this.

Even then, I didn't find the feeling of attraction towards him to be comparable to what I've experienced with women. With women it has felt a lot more real, much more whole-hearted I would say. However, I don't know if this is innate or due to my cultural conditioning. When I was in my teens, I absolutely hated the idea of being attracted to guys. That along with a history of getting bullied in grade school convinced me that you do not give your heart out to guys because they will trample on it for their own amusement. This is something that's easier to do online than IRL but even then, it feels like a pretty dangerous gamble. With women on the other hand, it's much easier to do and I feel so comfortable and at peace doing it...

So, um, yeah, is this bias innate or has it been taught? I really can't tell. If it's the latter then it can probably be reversed. That would have implications I wouldn't be comfortable with now.

(edited)

Honestly? I think it might be a taught bias. I wouldn't rule out innate, as you may just not be into it (which is fine, sexuality is a sliding scale, with people from 0-10, decimals included), but a lot of it sounds like 'this is awkward' rather than 'this isn't my thing'.

The reason I say this is that your second paragraph was revealing - you indicated past hated for homosexuality, being teased for it (I assume, you never indicated what you got bullied for), and pointed out that you felt guys were not to be trusted with inner feelings. Though I'm only going off what you've told me, it seems to me that most of your problems with guys stem with your experiences with them, not the guys themselves. Even when asking, you seemed very worried. 'That would have implications I wouldn't be comfortable with now.' That sounds a lot more like you're scared of the possibility than just being generally confused.

As for the sex aspect: I used to think I was bisexual when I was 12-13, and was only just coming to terms with it. Sex with another guy sounded odd at that time, but eventually I got over it. That - along with my parents' borderline hostility to the concept of homosexuality - showed me that it was a taught bias. I want to say that the same applies to you, but you may turn out differently. I can't know for sure.

All I can say is give it a shot. You're in your early twenties, after all. It's a great time to experiment and to figure out where you belong. Though I'm wary that an online relationship isn't the best place to start (I've had mostly bad experiences with them before), perhaps the guy you talked about is an option.

Edited by Durandal
  • Brohoof 2

Gonna be honest here: I have no friggin' clue anymore.I do find women very attractive,but...Iunno.I've actually had more homosexual thoughts as of late,imagining a couple of my cute Asian guy friends shirtless and finding it rather attractive,but at the same time,I just don't get aroused by other men.It's...weird.Iunno if it's actually an epiphany of sorts or if I'm just having these thoughts just because I hate being alone and desperately want to be in a relationship with another person.

@@Durandal, thinking back on it, the reason I think I wasn't fond of the idea of homosexuality when I found out about it was because I remembered being teased as fag before I had an understanding of even sexuality. That, more than anything, must be what made me think it was shameful.

Honestly, I think I'm being put under enough strain as it is... Engineering isn't easy and I'm studying abroad; separated from my family and close friends while stuck on campus where I really do not feel at home. I'm off balance enough as it is so I really don't need an existential crisis right now to tip me off even further. At least that's what I keep telling myself...

• Brohoof 2

Hey guys! I'm a gay brony and was wondering if there are any other gay bronies here as well. cool.png

Hey guys! I'm a gay brony and was wondering if there are any other gay bronies here as well. cool.png

hey i'm not gay i'm bi but i have loads of respect for gay people and theire culture so brohoof to you and all of your friends because when my friends found out i was bi lots of them turned on me and i have been bullied ever scince so any one who respects different sexual orients deserves my respect and should deserve everybodys .

@@Durandal, thinking back on it, the reason I think I wasn't fond of the idea of homosexuality when I found out about it was because I remembered being teased as fag before I had an understanding of even sexuality. That, more than anything, must be what made me think it was shameful.

Honestly, I think I'm being put under enough strain as it is... Engineering isn't easy and I'm studying abroad; separated from my family and close friends while stuck on campus where I really do not feel at home. I'm off balance enough as it is so I really don't need an existential crisis right now to tip me off even further. At least that's what I keep telling myself...

listen dont let people like that put you down and make you feel sad or blue because i am getting the same abuse for being bisexual and i felt ashamed of who i was and i used to self harm but then i learned to keep my head up and live my life.

• Brohoof 1

I'm fairly certain that I am straight, but I have found myself attracted to the same sex. Not a big deal, though. I can think a member of the same sex is attractive without really wanted to... do stuff... with them. 

I'm still young. I'm struggling on finding out my identity. Hopefully I find it soon. I need that to get a good job laugh.png

• Brohoof 2

I'm bisexual in the sense in that I'm sexually attracted by feminine guys. Not to macho or wanna be macho guys at all. I do largely prefer women though. Oh, and did I also mention I'm also a devout Christian?

• Brohoof 1

I don't know how to put this but....... I'm more manly than I'm supposed to be, so you can say that I am a masculine lady, in which, usually the one who finds it hard to be accepted by heterosexual male humans. So, I think I could be bisexual to keep my options open?

I voted for "unsure". I haven't figured myself out yet. I just seem to be somewhere, and I don't know where. Right now, I have no interest in seeking a relationship.

I voted for "unsure". I haven't figured myself out yet. I just seem to be somewhere, and I don't know where. Right now, I have no interest in seeking a relationship.

I'm Dawnsexual, which should be an option on this poll. It probably isn't because Dawnsexuals are a minority and are treated quite unfairly. I'm also a supporter of Dawnsexual rights.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm Dawnsexual, which should be an option on this poll. It probably isn't because Dawnsexuals are a minority and are treated quite unfairly. I'm also a supporter of Dawnsexual rights.

Oh, stop it you. blush.png I can't figure myself out. I'm an idontknowandimnotsureandimreallyconfusedsexual ._. I tend to lean more towards girls but sometimes I go all over the place and other times I'm not interested in anything.

Edited by AtDawnTheySquee
  • Brohoof 2

@@LatinoChurro, if you put it that way, I do not know if it is allowed.... I think I would most probably be dusksexual due to my preference for dusk.

I was referring to the member AtDawnTheySquee, or just Dawn for short.

Oh, stop it you. :blush: I can't figure myself out. I'm an idontknowandimnotsureandimreallyconfusedsexual ._. I tend to lean more towards girls but sometimes I go all over the place and other times I'm not interested in anything.

Well, I guess people have their whole lives to figure that out so I wouldn't let it get to me. This unsureness is kinda kinky though. ;)

• Brohoof 1

@@LatinoChurro, if you put it that way, I do not know if it is allowed.... I think I would most probably be dusksexual due to my preference for dusk.

I'm Dawn ._.

Well, I guess people have their whole lives to figure that out so I wouldn't let it get to me. This unsureness is kinda kinky though.

Well so far I haven't been making any progress. I can't figure myself out. I guess I'll wait another 5 or 10 years. But I doubt that even then I'll have it figured out.

• Brohoof 1

I'm Dawn ._.

Well so far I haven't been making any progress. I can't figure myself out. I guess I'll wait another 5 or 10 years. But I doubt that even then I'll have it figured out.

Well, I guess for whatever you feel at a certain moment, just go with it and just have fun with it. You know, just go with whatever you're feeling at that certain moment. At least that's what I would do.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I guess for whatever you feel at a certain moment, just go with it and just have fun with it. You know, just go with whatever you're feeling at that certain moment. At least that's what I would do.

Well it's kinda hard for me to "have fun" when I'm very picky and not interested in relationships and stuff. I just think it's a waste of time, and even in a relationship, sex isn't all THAT important to me.

Well it's kinda hard for me to "have fun" when I'm very picky and not interested in relationships and stuff. I just think it's a waste of time, and even in a relationship, sex isn't all THAT important to me.

Well, as long as you're not worried then you shouldn't really... umm... worry (lol?). There should be an option that says "I like to switch every now and then".

Well, as long as you're not worried then you shouldn't really... umm... worry (lol?). There should be an option that says "I like to switch every now and then".

I'm not worried, I'm just confused. I'm not sure if I would describe myself as "switching every now and then". But, I'm not 100% sure. I would prefer "I don't know".

This is one of those topics where I gotta wonder... why does it matter?

I don't like to use terms like 'Straight' which implies that anyone else is 'bent' or "crooked" People are who they are, and I always try to accept them as is, where is.

I have an awesome girlfriend. Never been interested in anything  other than female. My GF knows I'm a brony and laughs at it, but accepts that it's just one of those amazing and unusual things about her BF that makes him unique! I dunno if that's really what she thinks LOL but well... yeah. She's still with me despite all!

yay!

Mikestar

• Brohoof 1

i'm hetero sexual. in the way that i've never had anything romantic with another guy. however, i try to be really open minded about this. so if there ever comes a guy that i like, and he likes me too. well i would go gay for that

• Brohoof 1

@@@LatinoChurro, so I guess the two of you are publicly dating/flirting with each other in this topic, am I right?

Okay then, if you indicate that Dawnsexual for your sexual orientation, I am very sure I am Dasheysexual! X3 

Flirting? Where did you get that idea? I was just asking him for help on a topic that I'm confused about. As for the whole "Dawnsexual" thing, he made it up.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Flirting? Where did you get that idea? I was just asking him for help on a topic that I'm confused about. As for the whole "Dawnsexual" thing, he made it up.

You... you don't love me? :(

@ & @@LatinoChurro, so I guess the two of you are publicly dating/flirting with each other in this topic, am I right?

Okay then, if you indicate that Dawnsexual for your sexual orientation, I am very sure I am Dasheysexual! X3

Dasheysexual is a form of Pegusexual. Just like how Twisexual is a form of Unicornsexual. Lunasexual is a form of Alicornsexual. Anyone attracted to alicorn Twilight is also Alicornsexual. Edited by LatinoChurro
  • Brohoof 1

No, what I meant by Dasheysexual is just like your Dawnsexual, the only difference is that it's not for AtDawnTheySquee but it's for instead.

Oh, you meant the member, Rainbow Dashey. My bad. *facehoof* I obviously thought you meant Rainbow Dash. Wow. That was just a fail.

• Brohoof 2