Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you could manipulate time

Hat988

Hmm, i don't know if i would, maybe change a few things in the past, but i think I'll stick with leaving life as a surprise ;)

I'd use those powers to steal some food and take it to Africa, be a good and charitable person.

...Then steal a better computer for myself. :D

• 10 years later...
On 2023-03-11 at 12:39 AM, DubWolf said:

I'd take back those words that have hurt you, and you'd stay.

I now have that Cher song stuck in my head lol

Manipulating time would be cool. Like those nights you couldn't get sleep, or if you want to sleep in, you can just freeze time and get all of the sleep you need before it's time to get up and get ready for work!

There are certainly many times I'd redo in my life.

• Making sure I take care of myself right out of high school instead of stupidly going into denial.
  • Not making those mistakes I did with my ex a decade ago. I mean, things would likely still end the way they did, but at least I wouldn't be blaming myself as much.

Plus other things... Including perhaps trying my hardest to keep a family member from falling for the prosperity gospel/healing BS.

If I would change bad experiences/events in my life I would also erase my thought processes ive had because of it. So I don't know if this would be something positive. There are of course events which hurt me and I would wish they had never happend, but I always learned something from it. .. So would I use this kind of power? Im not sure. especially it would also effect other people.

On the other hand this could get really handy to set up oneself in an infinite time loop to learn something which takes a normally a long time which one wouldnt need to spend real time in that loop. I think I would use this kind of powers for this kind improving my future skills and personality and no change the past

• 2 months later...
(edited)

I would put myself back in the year 2011. And I wouldn't do anything different. I would internet myself at home with my family again, in a vacuum far away from the world, and binge youtube and video games. To relive that special moment in time. Every single one of them. The dream.
That is the reason I revisit old series on youtube, over and over again. Which is the closest thing to time travel. Because they do make me feel like my younger self again. They heal the cracks from age and time.

I am not even kidding. There was this time I had lost hope almost entirely. And I remember the light in my eyes went off, and my lips started splitting instantly. They were bleeding out of nowhere. It had never happened before. But then I did this thing with the heart and started to erase memories. And I became my younger self again. My body healed, my eyes recovered the light and I was able to see the world with wonder again. The chemical process through which hope is created.

And audio visual experiences do help with this process. Especially those that are tied to certain memories in time. It is the power of the mind. So, yeah. In a way, I am able to manipulate time, although imperfectly. Because I am still aging, but I keep regressing myself, over and over again. And this heals me, believe it or not. It really does, like the wounds in my back dissapearing again. And I know I can only do this enough times before my body finally collapses. But it is that magic moment when you cross the line at the end of the loop into the start once more.

There are no words for it, really. It is like what I imagine death to be. A lapse in time. An empty space in memory. And then the cry of a child being born. And it may the "you" from the previous life, or that guy that died in that car accident nine months ago and you heard it on the news. But we will never know that. And everything will be new to that life, because of this.

That is the reason I shuffle and forget. And if I can get away with it. I will do it until I die.

Edited by They call me Loyalty
  • Brohoof 1

I would love to be able to stop time, do everything I needed to do and then hit the resume button. It would enable me to do anything, learn anything, and fix a great many things. I always thought that the one thing I could make use of is more time. It would also be nice to see various possible futures and re-setting until the most desirable was achieved. That would cut down on a lot of grief. But my own version of an ideal timeline might not be ideal for others who are affected by it. I’d have to consider that and try not to overuse the ability because it could lead to abuse of power, and fear of anything that might be imperfect or undesirable. Imperfections can be great teachers; no one likes them but it can be a necessary part of life.