• YES! You could it was, "Celestial."
  2. 2. Did you like "All Bottled Up?"

• No. It should've stayed Bottled Up. >_>
    • Didn't like it.
    • Truly Meh.
    • It was enjoyable.
    • I LOVED IT!!! LET IT ALL OUT!!!

3 hours ago, IronCaptain19 said:

My Favorite part is when Trixie was yelling "TEACUP" while zapping things in the kitchen.

meh, that didn't do anything for me...

until we saw spike washing a million teacups later.

• Brohoof 1

On 4/17/2017 at 10:51 AM, A.V. said:

Huh, evidently, the more bats***-crazy Starlight is, the more her magic grows.

TFW you realize we finally, finally have a(n) (semi-)explanation for her OP moments:

Starlight is a bit like FiM's version of the Hulk in that way. Magic being fueled by emotions could also tie into a few other characters in interesting ways, and it technically adds to the unicorn lore a little. 

On 16/04/2017 at 4:49 AM, It's Starlight said:

I really love the new song in "All Bottled Up" 

BcCWc6I.gif

12 hours ago, Foliha said:

So, someone said (about Ep. 2) they didn't see the point of all the back and forth of the Mane Six solving the room puzzle, and Starlight and Trixie freaking out.  I thought it was fun editing, and the dialog matching was entertaining too.

But the real reason I liked that part of the ep. was that I've been waiting for months to see ALL of the mane six.  Thanks to the room puzzle I got to see some of all of them, and hear them sing a fun song.  I don't much like Trixie or Starlight, and if I'd had to watch an entire episode of those two I'd have been pretty peeved.  

(I really enjoyed Bulk Biceps' remark about wearing many hats.  He keeps reminding me of Mr. Horse from Ren and Stimpy.  I just hope that someday he says, "No sir, I don't like it!)

Oh, and I loved the 4-seasons motif in the song...

Oh again.  Why does Dashie's forelock never blow back as she's flying?  Well, HARDLY ever...

Spring 6 Sea 7 Ep 2.jpg

Summer Six Sea 7 Ep 2.jpg

Fall 6 Sea 7 Ep 2.jpg

Winter Mane Six Sea 7 Ep2.jpg

Rainbow Dash Sonic Rainboom.jpg

Yup, love the song!

I liked the second episode alomost as much as the first one.

But the shifting focus between the M6 and the two bumbeling friends in Ponyville is a little bit odd for my taste.

Uh and I think, that the song is a catchie song, of course.

But what else is in this song?

If you want to, check up my review for more.

• Brohoof 1

On 4/15/2017 at 11:52 AM, C. Thunder Dash said:

Ok...Celestia now officially has the best laugh! That laugh was just adorbs!! 

Agreed. The new writers for Season 7 gave us some character development that was long overdue after Celestia's treatment in recent seasons like Season 6.

I would like to start off by saying that I am honestly so excited to have MLP to watch again!!!!! It feels like forever since I've had any new content to watch and since this is the most uplifting show I watch it was a nice change of pace from "13 Reasons Why". Anyways, on to my review!

Episode 1

I really liked this intro better than some of the other intros that I have seen in MLP. It was relativity calm and laid back, but it kept with the upbeat and exciting theme of the new season! I personally usually don't like to think of the premiers as a part of the series because they normally don't connect with the rest of the story and don't have an overlying message. It was nice to see character development at the very beginning and I really enjoyed the way that they new "main" characters are interacting with each other. Unlike most people on here I really like Thorax and the changelings the way they are now and I was excited to see that they still have the cute voices and are still learning about friendship! I'm also glad to see that leadership has not changed Thorax in anyway since he is one of my new favorites! I was also glad to see that they finally gave Princess Celestia a moment shine! I loved seeing her more as a real pony with feelings and fears instead of a Princess that they set up on a pedestal. They also fleshed out her character some more and gave her a bigger personality and a since of humor! (Her laugh was the cutest thing ever, and she had some very quotable moments as well!). I also liked that they reminded everyone that Twilight is still the same pony as she was before, and let her go back to being excitable, meticulous, and over analytical. I also loved to see how much she still looks up to Princess Celestia as well! Also unlike most people I really like Starlight Glimmer, and even Trixie has grown on me to an extent! I hope to see more development with all of them, but I still would like the show to mainly focus on the mane six. 

Episode 2

I will admit that I didn't like this episode nearly as much as I liked the first one, but the second time that I watched I felt that I had originally judged it too harshly. I liked that they are trying to develop the story of Starlight Glimmer and Trixie, but I did feel like they made Trixie almost too annoying and oblivious at times. I loved the play on words about bottling up your anger though! I feel like that is a good lesson for anyone to learn, and there was no better person then Trixie to learn it from! I loved how the scenes switched from the mane six to Trixie and Starlight, and how they played off each other and why they were saying. I also loved the way they put humor of themselves back into the show! I loved when Starlight said that they would probably sing a song and they did, and how the learned "when to not sing songs"! I did not really like the song very much though, and I felt that it was rather forced into the script, but part of me wonders if that was done with purpose to be part of the joke that they were making! If that is the case I feel that it was very funny, but I have a rather dry sense of humor! I'm glad they also added some new background ponies to the foreground such as the jeweler, and I loved that they put Bulk Biceps into the script and how dorky and excited that he always is!I also loved the bond that Trixie and Starlight share that was addressed at the end of the episode, and that they both admit getting into a little bit of trouble is fun, so that they won't ever completely deviate from their personalities which is nice! I honestly really liked the episode, but I did feel like some of the plot elements felt more forced and less natural then normal. 

Celestial advice was kind of a boring episode, I would say it is basically forgettable and nothing at all like how I imagined starlights graduation would have gone.
All bottled up was much better! While Trixies personality during the episode was rather really annoying, the ending was kind of cute. Really, I kind of hated how they made her seem not at all intelligent, perceptive and overly pretentious, I mean more so than she has been in the past. It is like they took her worst personality trait, forgot about the development she has on it, and added two more. 

going to watch them both tonight, with subtitles so i can get a little more context.
i've been rewatching the opening scene from ep. 2 more times than i want to count, because it's just too awesome :D
oh, and watch out for teacups overrunning the lands with tea :P 

• Brohoof 1

I'm not going to say much since I'm late to the party. Maybe another time.

What I will say is:

Celestial Advice is the more "useful" of the two, in that it contributes to the overarching plot of the series. However, All Bottled Up is stylistically better. Whichever of these two qualities you value more will likely influence which you prefer.

I want to say I prefer Celestial Advice, but it felt like...box ticking. Celestia has a decent role. Tick. The Changelings do stuff in their new forms. Tick. Ember gets an appearance and speaking lines. Tick. Sunburst gets an appearance and speaking lines. Tick.

It fulfilled fan wants for the sake of fulfilling fan wants, rather than because they meshed with the episode. A clear example of 'going through the motions'.

(I genuinely liked the fleshing out of Changeling culture though. I <3 how they aren't instantly perfect, and retain all if not most of their buggish qualities.)

Twilight's three hypotheticals reminded me of Lily Peet's video on the alternate timelines in The Cutie Remark; her point being that the episode was actively imagining better versions of itself. The Cutie Remark offered these tantalising possibilities, but never stuck to one. I believe Celestial Advice is in a better situation by dint of these still being possibilities: we might still see Starlight and Ember hit it off in the future, diplomacy between Twilight and the Changelings, as well as Sunburst shenanigans. We will never see the Cutie Remark timelines again.

All Bottled Up, while not making them righteous, adds context to Starlight's less-than-stellar actions in the past. It's part of her nature that she needs to burn off magic: think back to Every Little Thing She Does and her outburst in the first act of To Where And Back Again Part 1. I liked this a lot.

Edited by ErisPegasus

i really loved seeing Celestia in Celestial Advice, the way she was worrying about Twilight and pacing the floor, doubting herself, she seemed more realistic. She was anxious and seemed, so to speak, human.

I remember seeing the premiere at BABScon 2017. Seeing the premiere again and the episodes were still awesome. I like how the first episode take place right after the season six finale. The medals Starlight and the others received were cool and interesting. I like how Twilight had an idea on what Starlight's next lessons could be, but then struggled on the idea of it was the right decision. It was really cool how Twilight went to Celestia as she went through the same situation. Seeing Twilight's fantasies on where Starlight could go was a pretty cool spell. I liked each fantasy equally, but I would have to say the one with Ember, or Sunburst was my favorite. I loved how Celestia laughed at how she could relate to her situation like Twilight was. I especially laughed at how Celestia know her name is an expression. I loved Celestia's flashback on how she had to send Twilight away to Ponyville. I also found it interesting how she wasn't acting like a princess, but a regular pony during that moment. I'm glad that Starlight is staying, but I wonder if she could have traveled around Equestria. There we could get a side story on her helping other ponies. At the same time, she would be able to learn and better herself to gain more character development. I'm happy Starlight gave her thought on Twilight's plan instead of just following orders. While I guess this might not be a Celestia episode, I still find it enjoyable that we get to see Celestia involved in the episode.

All Bottled up was a great episode as well. I found it funny how Trixie was making multiple tea cups. I was surprised when I saw a tea cup poodle, but it looked pretty cool as well. I liked how they went back and forth between Twilight's and Starlight's groups. This way, it didn't have to focus on one subplot throughout the entire episode. It was interesting to see how Starlight had to place her anger in a sealed up bottle. I'm glad they put a bit of info on unicorns and their magic. I can understand how concentration plays a part on magic, but not much on emotions. It was great seeing Bulk Biceps and the others again throughout the episode. I was equally shocked and laughing at how they were affected by Starlight's magic. I'm glad how Starlight was able to talk to Trixie about what was wrong, in the end. I felt like I could really relate to Starlight in this episode. As I have trouble when it comes to bottling up my problems at times. The song for the episode was awesome and pretty catchy at the same time. I loved how the song made them lose the puzzle room. All in all, I really loved both episodes and found them to be very enjoyable. I'm also really looking forward to what this season has to offer. :) 

I didn't enjoy All Bottled Up as much as the other episode, although I did like the lesson behind it. These two episodes were encouraging, season 6 seemed very lackluster and had me a bit worried.

Well, i was able to catch up with the latest season after a while. Let's see what we've got:

*Celestial Advice:
Pretty sweet way to start the season, we got more Celestia characterization and darkly hilarious doom scenarios only Twi's mind can cook up. But it's kinda early to have Starlight graduate from her Friendship lessons. Might be mitigated by Glimmy not getting sent away, but i'm sure something big will happen to her eventually. Whatever the case, let's just enjoy the season.

*All Bottled Up:
Hmmm, so Starlight's magic is fueled by her emotions, huh? Pretty interesting, and the Sith Order would approve. The Jedi Order, would disapprove. Jokes aside, it was a bit nice to see Trix getting bitten in the flank for such egotistical behavior, but she sincerely apologized for it and that shows she's developing as a character. That pleases me. And it's good to see Glimmy's apparently taking her as her padawan, too.

The first episode of princess Celestia. I want to see more of her.:adorkable:

On 4/21/2017 at 11:29 AM, Twilight Frost said:

All bottled up was much better! While Trixies personality during the episode was rather really annoying, the ending was kind of cute. Really, I kind of hated how they made her seem not at all intelligent, perceptive and overly pretentious, I mean more so than she has been in the past. It is like they took her worst personality trait, forgot about the development she has on it, and added two more. 

Actually that is Trixie's personality

Interesting concept with the first season to not have a two-parter. The first one made me laugh and enjoyed it. Second one is okay, though Trixie should control herself a little more, magic-wise too.

A pair of fun, frantic and emotionally mature episodes that proved that a season premier/opener does not need some sort of conflict to make itself work. This is the first time ever in the long running time off the show that a season didn't have an intro that was somehow related to a perilous event or occurrence of sorts. Considering that I personally thought that the conflict brought about in the Season 6 opener felt rather unessacary, I personally believed that these two episodes were top-notch in terms of quality. They were funny, ( the scenes where Twilight, Spike and Celestia were observing possible outcomes for the future, and the scene where the three ponies became enraged at Trixie for seemingly no reason were especially entertaining ) I loved the fact that the Mane 6 took a back seat to allow for focus to be placed on characters who we don't get to see interact with each other as frequently, ( Starlight and Trixie ) the moral was well executed in both episodes, we got to see an entirely new side to characters like Celestia and, to top it all off, the song was pretty damn good as well. A fantastic start, to what I hope will be an amazing season.

I thought that both episodes were quite enjoyable. 

For the Celestial Advice one; 

I don't like that Discord is still at it, still being a background jerk. I like it when he is an accidental one, but not when he really means it. 

I give that episode about 4/5 

As for the second one, Bottled Up, it was magnificent. A lot of people bottle their feelings up and end up exploding in the end. I like how the writers handled this. I give that episode a 5/5. 

I really liked both of these episodes, Celestial Advice was well written and I enjoyed the overall moral and Twilight learning some things from her own mentor Princess

Celestia I also loved seeing Celestia's struggles about letting Twilight move to Ponyville, it was heartwarming and emotional, Discord, Thorax and the other changelings were fantastic, as was Sunburst. 

Bottled Up was a fantastic Trixie and Starlight episode, I enjoyed seeing their friendship put to the test and them realizing it's good to share your thoughts and feelings with your friends instead of holding them in and letting them overtake you. I also enjoyed the mane 6's subplot and the song sung in the episode. Both episodes are 10/10!

vlcsnap-00014.png.d6a7c08b5f4cd9fde13dbfe6ac0cea6c.png

vlcsnap-00065.png.2fd842441bd59b18e37f90e638d12f13.png

vlcsnap-00075.png.2979427f5c6101f3470bfb5d739f5faf.png

vlcsnap-00100.png.12f3cf37222a266b69d627b1e0f930ee.png

vlcsnap-00054.png.f1eeca1f2b62d7ff15d665c910726bf4.png

vlcsnap-00085.png.2d8ef3aa0e518f1e5758b8638fb00d01.png

59137a378e5dd_1413531__safe_screencap_starlightglimmer_trixie_allbottledup_spoiler-colon-s07e02_anim-ed_cute_diatrixes_duo_floppyears_loop_pony_unamused_unicorn.gif.7e9033a3bc1528fe9821ed6d791e2a16.gif

vlcsnap-00030.jpg.ffb5bf49fd2cbe81f028524e9da8c3b5.jpg

vlcsnap-00077.jpg.97419600a5281d821f9ba546352c5bb7.jpg

vlcsnap-00044.jpg.9c18857a562bb5fef7d64dd3ffad993f.jpg

vlcsnap-00069.jpg.1eb31c4cf69809472773dc1c8cbd6a68.jpg

vlcsnap-00111.jpg.c4bd27fc8b59e1e6d3a3160b919e5b2e.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

with as much magic Starlight had used and screwed up, I can't believe that she thinks she has any right whatsoever to get mad at Trixie for screwing up her use of magic. and getting mad at Trix for making jokes like its no bid deal, when Starlight herself is guilty of the same thing, joking about enslaving a whole ton of ponies, several times after "reforming"?

Edited by Nightmare Muffin

• 1 month later...
On 5/26/2017 at 10:30 PM, Nightmare Muffin said:

with as much magic Starlight had used and screwed up, I can't believe that she thinks she has any right whatsoever to get mad at Trixie for screwing up her use of magic. and getting mad at Trix for making jokes like its no bid deal, when Starlight herself is guilty of the same thing, joking about enslaving a whole ton of ponies, several times after "reforming"?

That wouldn't excuse the bystander effect either, so at best it's a push argument. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/27/2017 at 3:30 AM, Nightmare Muffin said:

DWK actually pointed this out in his recap, quite hilariously.
"Look, I just learned a year ago that mindraping ponies is not ok. I'm not used to being the responsible one in any given outfit."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_rTSngMLbI