Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A bat's shadow RP (1x1 Rp w/ Maple Bat)

reader8363

Shadow said as he turned around and headed up the stairs to cook some food, "So if your theory is correct and we take her to the hot springs, it will make her crazy longer. Taking her there to test it out would be too risky, if a pony sees her, then the princesses are going to get involved, and this it something I want to keep them out of. I can't believe I'm saying this, but do you think your mom or one of her friends could help us test it out? Of course, it would be a semi-controlled environment." He entered the kitchen and started making a pie for the sake of making one.

"Mom probably would help also if we need to dad can show up to to help control it. Mom would be a good test..." She hated saying it "Test subject as she normally is too timid to even think of hurting anypony." She began to walk out the door. "Can you open a portal for me It'll be faster."

Shadow nodded and opened one. He placed the pie into the oven and placed a timer connected to the dial, so when it's done, it will shut off. He opened a another portal to the springs and got started getting the test set up.

After about an hour Maple showed up at the springs with her family. "hello umm... mr. shadow" fluttershy said walking up to him "I'm ready to help you with what maple told me about."

Discord walked up to Shadow staring him dead in the eye "I'm trusting you to keep my wife safe with my help obviously and I trust you because my daughter does but if something goes wrong you accountable."

Maple flew up beside her father "Dad it'll be ok. He knows what he's doing. Right shadow?"

Shadow said as well as he could, "I assure you, I'll try my best. I don't exactly know what's going to happen." He pulled out a bright lamp and a shadow carried it to the top of the dome. He took a deep breath and said, "Fluttershy, thanks for coming. I need you to step into the spring and not freak out too much when you're quickly pulled out of the water." He reinforced the dome and grabbed a syringe if it came to that he needed to put her to sleep.

Fluttershy nodded and stepped nervously towards the water's edge She carefully stepped into the water after being in it for a few seconds she began to change. "You... You did something to me..." She said starring at Discord "Make it stop please I'll... I'll do anything. I know I'll make you stop" she said. Her eyes locked onto Discord she dashed towards them.

Shadow wrapped her in her own shadow, making it hard for her to move a lot, then he cushioned the ground, so she wouldn't get hurt. He took the book out of a portal and wrote it down. He placed the syringe, the book, and the writing utensil on the stump and said as he bent down next to Fluttershy, "Fluttershy, how are you feeling at this exact moment."

"Scared, and Confused... I have to protect myself..." Shes said looking a shadow "Please... Please don't hurt me." She started crying at even the thought of him doing something to her.

"What did you do to her!" Discord Growled.

"Dad it's ok we think this is what supposed to do." Maple said to him "You'll need to stay here to..."

"How can I sit here on the side lines with all of this happening." He said back "That is your mother over there."

"I know but we need to have an understanding of what this is." She said to him "If we don't this could end a lot worse. Shadow won't let mom get hurt and it'll wear off I promise."

Shadow sat down and said, "No one's going to hurt you, From what I saw and read about the water is that it changes the creatures that make contact with it. At this moment, I'll make sure." He loosened it a bit, so she could move, but couldn't attack anyone. He kept his claws closed, so there isn't an accident and she doesn't get hurt.

After a few seconds Fluttershy fell over and blinked her eyes open again "what happened? I feel weird. how did end up over here?"

"Fluttershy!" Discord said embracing her "Are you alright? What did they do?"

"I don't seem to remember" She said "did i do something bad..."

Shadow stood up and said as he released the barrier and the link on Fluttershy, "You did fine, Fluttershy. Thanks." The lamp fell into the water He reached in and grabbed it. He quickly threw the syringe back into the portal and started cleaning up the stuff. It seems Maple is correct, any creature that goes in will attack and will forget about what they did. He added, "Discord, I don't know yet if there are any complications to water. If you see anything out of the ordinary, tell me."

"Well the water looks normal" He said flying over it he saw something but couldn't make it out. "Except that looks rather odd."

Fluttershy who was still in Discord's embrace said "what umm... exactly are you talking about. I don't see anything."

Discord frowned and wonder how she couldn't see it "Maple come here I want to see if you can see it"

She flew over to him and when she saw it she almost fell into the water because she forgot she was flying catching herself inches from the water's surface "That's terrifying" she said moving back towards the edge of the water, not looking down again.

"I guess only those with Chaos abilities can see it then." Discord confirmed "Maple what did you see."

"2 giant eyes staring at me I got so scared when I looked at them I forgot how to fly, something I'd been doing my entire life." She said shuttering "I've never been so scared in my life even when confronted by a dragon."

(edited)

Shadow sighed and was about to say that he meant to watch Fluttershy in case the water had a delayed effect on her, but he stopped when he heard about the eyes in the water. He looked at the water and made a ring in the middle of it with a path to the center, making the water level rise a bit.

Edited by reader8363

(edited)

Maple looked down through the hole he had made. "It's gone." She said but "I'm going down there so don't close it off." She landed on the ground in the center and looked around. Her eyes widened she was surrounded by those pairs of eyes she was scared stiff. She didn't want to scream or fly up she just stood there with those eyes watching her.

A few minutes passed and Discord put Fluttershy down next to Shadow. "Is she coming back up? I'm sure she wouldn't drown herself but She's been down there for a few minutes now."

Edited by Maple Bat

Shadow said as he headed across the path, "Doesn't seem like it, I'll check on her." He walked over to the center and looked in. When he saw the Maple was standing there. He hopped in next to her and said as he placed a claw on her shoulder, "Is something the matter?"

She heard shadows voice but she didn't move. She was covering her eyes with her hooves and laying on the ground. "The eyes... There scarring me. I can't think straight... I can't focus enough to fly. Please help me..." She tried so hard in order to not get too upset about this but it took a lot of willpower. She felt like she had to lash out at someone but the only person she could blame for this was herself After all she just flew down with out thinking about the risks.

Shadow was about to say something, but he closed his mouth and nodded. He picked her up and carried her out of the circle. He placed her on the ground and cover the spring. He wished he could see what scared maple, but he doesn't have an ounce of chaos magic in him.

Maple uncovered her eyes Relived she stood back up weakly. "I'm sorry Shadow that was very unprofessional. It's just... you ever get that feeling of someone important watching you multiply that by 30 times and that's what that felt like." She said shivering from fear.

Shadow shook his head and said, "It's fine, everyone gets scared many times in their life, but I don't know what it's like. Of course, I have eyes on me most of the time, but I don't think of them as important, and the one's that are important, are most likely worried about me."

"I have a confession to make." Maple said as her family moved closer "I've always had this feeling of "I have to take care of all problems in equestria myself" but those eyes they reminded me that I can't do that... Even if I try my best."

Discord and Fluttershy hugged her telling her it'll be alright. Maple offered for shadow to join in the group hug.

Shadow waved his claw and said, "I'm good." The truth was that he wasn't really into hugs. Even a foal running up to him and hugging him would make him extremely nervous/scared. He decided to remove all the shadows from the spring and lower the water level to it's original height

After a minute Maple walked over to Shadow "We should probably hide these springs before anyone finds them other wise we could have some real chaos on our hands here." She said "Well I mean we don't have too Just a recommendation."

Shadow said as he looked at the spring, "The question is where are we going to hide it. I mean, I could put it underneath my basement. But with that much water, it's not something that's going to be easily missed." Then an idea of putting the water underneath Canterlot popped in his head. He shook it out and muttered to himself, "No, I'm not doing that."

"Well you could just cover this area in shadows" She suggested "It'll make it too dark to find it and people will tend to avoid the dark area or you could just move it to the everfree forest no pony will find it out there."

Shadow thought about it and said, "If I remember correctly, Zecora lives in the Everfree, and if I covered it in shadows, it would take a lot of magic out of me." He opened a portal underneath his house and saw that there was a cavern 5-10 feet below with no opening, except for a small hole. He jump through the hole and said, "Found the perfect spot for the water."