Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A bat's shadow RP (1x1 Rp w/ Maple Bat)

reader8363

After a few hours Maple had come back from guard duty, The sun was rising she knew she was gonna sleep through Shadow's performance test. She wasn't sure how to tell him sh she didn't and just went to his guest room to get some rest.

Shadow walked into the bathroom and got ready, then he went back to his room to get his sword, then he headed to Canterlot. He landed next to the gate and headed into the castle. He made sure that his guards were on. 

"Hello there." Celestia said as a personal greeting "I'm guessing you found out that it's your turn, go on then." She was interested in Maple's letters with this half-dragon Maple was very confident in his abilities so She wanted to see what he could do as well.

The 3 pony judges, who determine if a pony can join or not readied their clipboards "You may begin the course run it similar to the way you where trained yesterday."

Shadow took the sword off his shoulder and placed it next to the wall, then he charged into the course. He closed his eyes and remembered the way it was yesterday. Once he was done with the course. He picked up his sword and said as he placed it on his back, "How did I do?"

The judges wrote things down during the performance. After he finished it the judges whispered something to each other. "You did well Please proceed to the next room so we can get you fitted for armor and allow you to select a weapon... Then again you might not need either of those."

Celestia had seen the endurance and strength Maple had wrote about an was impressed. She didn't want to treat him the same as her sister did Maple but still wanted him to succeed in the fields of battle .

Shadow nodded and bowed a little, then he headed into the room. He sat down, took off the sword, and laid it across his lap. He closed his eyes and daydreamed about his life, and if he continues, where it's going.

Maple showed up in the next room after a while of Shadow daydreaming She quietly walked over and sat next to him She didn't want to pull him out of the daydream so she sat there and waited for him to snap out of it before saying or doing anything.

Shadow heard a small noise but only thought of it as his imagination. He opened his eyes and looked to see Maple sitting there. He said as he stretched his wings around him so he doesn't knock anything over, "Hey Maple, how did work go while I was busy with training and stuff?"

Maple shrugged "It was pretty boring that's how it is most of the time but hey that's how it is sometimes." She got a bit exited "So how'd ya do? Did you pass? I'm guessing you did seeing as you're stronger than I am?"

(edited)

Shadow nodded and said, "Yeah, they sent me in here to get some armor, and a weapon, but I'm sticking with this one." He opened his wings a bit to place the sword upright so that the tip was touching the ground, then he closed his wings back up.

Edited by reader8363

She looked at the blade "Makes sense because the blad it's self looks really shard and deadly it's actually from 'Tia private armory it's one of the best kept weapons 'cause she never uses them." In the distance Celestia sighed and Maple laughed "She apparently really hates that nickname"

Shadow laughed and said, "Not to be mean, but what do you think. Knows when she's called that, or can hear you from a distance. At least this will get to see some action now." He folded his wings against his back and leaned back in the chair.

Maple laughed a bit harder. "I bet she just knows when I call her that!" Calming down she followed up with "Sure hope so. Seeing as most of the time we don't do much and when stuff happens there's an even smaller chance of us using force... I'll go get you a set of armor." She got up and stepped away.

Shadow nodded and gazed up at the ceiling. It's funny, he started as a hired help for ponies that might hate the princesses, and now he's a guard for the princesses. He slid the sword out of its scabbard and looked at it, then he noticed that he didn't take the guards off, so he slipped them off and tossed them into a portal.

Maple came back after a bit. "I forgot to ask did you join the day guard or night guard?" She laughed a bit more "If it was the night guard that means I'm your boss but Seeing as its day out and 'Tia came to watch I'm guessing its day. Be right back."

Shadow laughed to himself and leaned his head back, he gazed up at the ceiling and closed his eyes. then he had a feeling that something was happening at the house. He made a portal big enough to get his head through to see a note of placed on his door. He pulled his head out and sighed as he closed the portal

Maple came back into the room holding 2 different sets of armor "One of theses should fit." She said. "I wasn't sure what the size was So just winged it and grabbed two sets that should work out if not I'll see if I can have one specially made

Shadow got up and tried both of them on. After he was wearing armor. He said as he rotated his shoulder, "This'll work, but I'll need to modify it a little so that it's more suited to me." He slipped it off and placed it on his lap.

Maple nodded picking up the other set of armor "Alight It's not against the rules so feel free too." She said heading to put the other armor set back where she got it from "Looks like you've got weapon covered so your done here you'll be sent a letter when you're need here or at least that's how it works for me."

Shadow nodded and stepped through a portal to the front of his house. He pulled the note off the door and crumpled it up. Then he headed to the armory to work on the armor. He made holes for his wings since they were just on his back, and moved the extra that might get in the way of his fighting.

"Maple can I speak with you for moment." Celestia said in an agitated sort of way.

Maple rolled her eyes, and walked over "What's up 'Tia."

Celestia sighed again, "That is exactly what the problem is the nickname you and your father have been referring to me as it makes me look lesser."

"Ah come on it does not." Maple responded "Me and dad still respect you. It's just your name is long and gets boring to say we mean no insubordination or rudeness to your name when we call you 'Tia."

"Still perhaps while in my presence-" Celestia was interrupted by another guard who need her attention.

Maple flew off to head back to shadows place.

Once Shadow was done with his armor. He slipped it on and found it comfortable. He stretched out his wings and legs to see that he can move just the same as when he didn't have armor on. He pulled the sword off his back and started to make sure it's sharp

Maple walked in as shadow finished with his armor "So how are you feeling? Better I'm guessing." She paused for minute "also is it your birthday by the way because some got a gift." She showed him a letter from Luna

Dear Shadow,

Maple has informed me of your past actions and I as the princess of the night pardon you from any punishment of these crimes however fowl they may be, As my sister did the same for me

Sincerely,

Princess Luna

Shadow read the note and said, "Wow, now I almost start with a clean slate. Do you think Luna would like her spirit back?" He walked into the kitchen and pulled out a cold wine bottle. He's been saving it for his last drink as hired help either way.

Maple looked a bit confused "Wait you mean that drink or her actually like spirit as in the thing that's her personality inside her bod... Nevermind you mean the drink whats so special about it though?"