Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Chrysalis' plan makes no sense.

Vega

I think she did it for several reasons.

First, ponies probably have constant love no matter how they are actually feeling. A changeling would be able to feed off of them no matter what, it would just be stronger if, like in the case of chrysalis taking the form of cadence, they can trick the pony into loving them.

Second, judging by her minions, I'm guessing chrysalis has absolute control over them. She's used to this, so she would probably see complete conquest followed by total control the only way to rule Equestria. Also, if she merely had the changelings sneak in and take the form of loved ponies, it runs the risk of somepony figuring it out, like Twilight did. Also also, as has been said, I'm not entirely sure the normal changelings can speak.

Another thing; I don't think she made and overt threat to Canterlot. More likely, a changeling was in the area, scouting or something, and got caught. IIRC the ponies didn't know what changelings were until Chrysalis revealed herself and told them, so that would explain how they knew that something was threatening Canterlot, but they weren't sure what.

It is far more logical for them to simply disguise themselves and blend in to normal society, feeding off the love that occurs naturally in normal, everyday life.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

I think Chrysalis prefers having people under her. She just didnt want to hide her true form forever.

She probably felt she shouldnt have to remain shapeshifted forever in order to feed off the inferiors around her.

It wouldnt appeal to me either.

There IS no logic, there is just ONE simple explanation:

If they just blended into the population instead of just ASSAULTING Canterlot, what would happen?

We'd have NO SHOW.

Is that what you want? No show? I didn't think show. Now hush up and eat yer popcorn. It's almost time for the BBBFF/Perfect Day Aria sing alongs. :D

I think the changelings don't need to revive love, they can steel it from others relation ships so shape shifting is in nessecary, even if being chased or scared to death your still going to love someone and the changelings can feed off that.

I'm going to have to agree with Evilshy on this one. It seems unlikely based on what we saw that the individual changelings have much independent thought. They seem to be more Zerg-like, with the hive mind controlling them embodied in their queen.

As to her failing to recognize the power Cadance could impart to Shining Armor, that could easily boil down to hubris. She was able to beat Celestia in single combat, so she probably figured there was nothing else that could stand in her way. Like many villains before her, she got cocky and let her guard down.

She mentioned that Equestria had more love than anywhere else. It was, perhaps, her plan to overthrow Canterlot so it would be an essential base of operations, because Canterlot is a central part of Equestria, and they could access places like Ponyville from there. And she gets the love shown for others, love that is internal, not external.

When will you love those close to you more?

An average day? Or when your world is about to end?

What are the easiest emotions to inflict on someone? Fear, pain, and sadness. When do you love those closest to you? In times of fear, pain, and sadness. What's the best way to elicit these emotions? Take over. All the ponies would stay closer together, and fight for their lives; possibly even being willing to give up their lives for the one they love most. How much love do you think that takes? My guess is, enough to feed the masses for some time; judging by how much stronger Chrysalis (SHE TOOK DOWN TROLLESTIA!) was for just sapping the love away from the groom. Shining Armor did love Cadence a whole lot; judge me if you want, but I'm sure a sacrifice would be much more loving than getting married. With all that extra love floating around, the whole population of changelings would never again beg for food; possibly grow far stronger than ever before.