PC or Consoles? Which is better?

ZethaPonderer

PC or Consoles?  

38 users have voted

1. 1. Which is Better?

• PC
    • Consoles

7 minutes ago, Discordian said:

It makes things look far more realistic. Closer to what we see in real life. Unless everybody sees life at 60fps and I'm the only one who sees everything at 30 (I'm aware that optics is way more complex than that). It makes games look cheap more often than not. In a game focused on story and atmosphere the worst thing you can do is make it 60fps.

Here, please watch this video in 60fps.

1 minute ago, Celli said:

Here, please watch this video in 60fps.

I know the difference between 30 and 60fps. I just don't think it automatically looks or makes things better. I've played many games in 30, just as I've played many at 60.

Also that video doesn't seem to run properly because it doesn't even run the 60 ball much better than 30. It should be much smoother to be at 60.

Just now, Discordian said:

I know the difference between 30 and 60fps. I just don't think it automatically looks or makes things better. I've played many games in 30, just as I've played many at 60.

Also that video doesn't seem to run properly because it doesn't even run the 60 ball much better than 30. It should be much smoother to be at 60.

Click the gear icon, and change it to 720p60fps or 108060fps.

Also, none of the Uncharted games run at 60. The remastered versions run at 30 with motion blur. 

Just now, Celli said:

Click the gear icon, and change it to 720p60fps or 108060fps.

Also, none of the Uncharted games run at 60. The remastered versions run at 30 with motion blur. 

I did that. The 60fps ball is super choppy.

I don't know what motion blur even is.

(edited)
1 minute ago, Discordian said:

I did that. The 60fps ball is super choppy.

I don't know what motion blur even is.

What's the resolution of your computer screen?

Motion blur is a tool that adds a blurring effect to the screen when you turn the camera or the screen pans around to give the effect of a smoother framerate.

Edited by Celli

(edited)
21 minutes ago, GrimGrimoire said:

What? No Virtual Boy? What the hell kind of poll is this?

Virtual Boy superior race.

My bad for not including Virtual-Boy along with the R-Zone (An even worse Virtual-Boy). How dare me NOT including Tiger Electronic Wristwatches in this as well?

Everybody LOVES Tiger Electronics *cough*sarcasm*cough*.

To quote AVGN (Angry Video Game Nerd), "64 bits. 32 bits. 16 bits. 8 bits. 4 Bits. 2 BIts. 1 BIT. HALF BIT!! QUARTER BIT!!!! THE WRIST GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME!!!!!!"

Edited by ZethaPonderer
  • Brohoof 1

18 minutes ago, Discordian said:

It makes things look far more realistic. Closer to what we see in real life. Unless everybody sees life at 60fps and I'm the only one who sees everything at 30 (I'm aware that optics is way more complex than that). It makes games look cheap more often than not. In a game focused on story and atmosphere the worst thing you can do is make it 60fps.

Our eyes are not cameras. Our eyes do not see in frames per second. We can see far higher than a mere 30 FPS.

2 minutes ago, Celli said:

What's the resolution of your computer screen?

Motion blur is a tool that adds a blurring effect to the screen when you turn the camera or the screen pans around to give the effect of a smoother framerate.

I have no idea.

Just now, Vulon Bii said:

Our eyes are not cameras. Our eyes do not see in frames per second. We can see far higher than a mere 30 FPS.

I'm aware that optics is way more complex than that

Playing a game in 30fps is exactly what I see in real life though. Are you telling me that's not normal?

4 minutes ago, Discordian said:

Playing a game in 30fps is exactly what I see in real life though. Are you telling me that's not normal?

I will say yes because I cannot imagine anyone's eyes being that bad without being blind in some form.

• Brohoof 1

If we are talking about which System has the most power and best graphic, i would have to admit, its probably still the pc.

But my personal favorites are still consoles, they are easier to use for me and you just put the game in and play and dont have to bother with the wrong Version or some Emulators you have to download. Even though todays consoles also have to update themselves, but i dont have any of those, i only have older Consoles that dont need to do that.

16 hours ago, ZethaPonderer said:

Everybody LOVES Tiger Electronics

Exactly. Everyone knows Tigers are bad asses... and their electronics have to be equally badass. The sooner both console and PC gamers realize this the better.

..........????

................!!!!!!

What do you mean Tiger electronics are not made by real Tigers? Oh.. well NVM, carry on.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Vulon Bii said:

Have you heard of our Lord and Savior LJN?

Of course.

I made a shrine out of unwanted Spider-Man and X-Men games, and had enough Wrestlemania games left over to build a chair to weep in while I play Beetlejuice and Back to the Future II.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 years later...
On 2017-07-18 at 7:12 PM, Catpone Cerberus said:

After playing on consoles for 8-10 years and on PC +-3 years, I would say PC is better. 

after playing on consoles all my life and pc for like 2 years I have to agree