ZethaPonderer

PC or Consoles?  

38 users have voted

1. 1. Which is Better?

• PC
    • Consoles

2 minutes ago, K.Rool Addict said:

Well, you can always just get an Xbox One Elite controller:

The Steam Controller is $50 and has much, much more customization options. The Xbone 3l173 controller is $150 and comes with fancy sticks, D-pad, and paddles that can't be remapped.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)
23 minutes ago, Envy said:

The Sims series is supposed to be a low-end series which only requires low-end PCs to run properly. If the PC I have right now could not properly run it, I don't even want to imagine what a more intensive game would require.

The reason the game did not run the card properly was some issue with the card being too new.

Besides, The Sims series is really the only PC series of interest to me, so yes, I can just forget about PC gaming if I move on from The Sims.

Have you ever considered the fact that maybe it's The Sims that was the problem and not your PC.  It's sort of like judging PC by the performance of Arkham Knight.  It doesn't matter how good your PC is, if the developer didn't bother to program the game correctly it's going to run like crap no matter what kind of hardware you are running.

Edited by Twilight Dirac
  • Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, Twilight Dirac said:

Have you ever considered the fact that maybe it's The Sims that was the problem and not your PC.  It's sort of like judging PC by the performance of Arkham Knight.  It doesn't matter how good your PC is, if the developer didn't bother to program the game correctly it's going to run like crap no matter what kind of hardware you are running.

This isn't true, though. I was inspired to get my own PC that could properly run The Sims 3 when I happened upon an LP that showed how the game played on a better PC. So there *are* PCs that it runs properly on (not in all worlds, but I wasn't playing any of the worlds that have lagging issues).

Besides, at the end of the day I wouldn't have this problem with a console. I wouldn't buy a game only to be met with "This game can not read your video card". I understand that not all games are perfectly optimized to consoles and have some lag issues, but the lagging issues don't even begin to hold a candle to what I've experienced on PC.

I suppose I should be thankful for my PC experiences. While people complain about frame rate lagging in games like Pokemon Sun, it is nothing to me since I have experienced lag that actually impacts playing a game.

• Brohoof 1

46 minutes ago, Vulon Bii said:

The Steam Controller is $50 and has much, much more customization options. The Xbone 3l173 controller is $150 and comes with fancy sticks, D-pad, and paddles that can't be remapped.

^LOL, I was actually building up to that:

So bottom line, get the Steam controller and avoid the Xbox elite controller due to faulty design. Customization options? Mmm... Thanks for the heads up there Vulon Bii. :) I'mma save mah moneh on DAT controller.

For me, consoles are far superior. They are easier to use, easier to setup and fit my lifestyle. I get tons of media capabilities and a great machine for gaming, all at an efficient price and within an efficient package, with ease of use to go with it. That makes it the winner in my book.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Vulon Bii That your side is willing to adopt the title of master race like a certain few unpersons in the past while disliking others based on how they game speaks volumes of yours.

Don't get me wrong, I like pc gaming. I don't like all the Early Access that seems to haunt it. I don't like the requirements most good games require you to have for an engaging experience. I don't like the fan base that mocks people over this sort of thing, though to be fair I just don't like people.

Really all that matters to me now is when State of Decay 2 is released.

Edited by Someguyinablazer

32 minutes ago, Someguyinablazer said:

@Vulon Bii That your side is willing to adopt the title of master race like a certain few unpersons in the past while disliking others based on how they game speaks volumes of yours.Don't get me wrong, I like pc gaming. I don't like all the Early Access that seems to haunt it. I don't like the requirements most good games require you to have for an engaging experience.

Thanks for generalizing the entire pc community.  

Anyways, you don't need the best hardware to play games like GTA V and The Witcher 3, that's what's so great about PCs, you have the option to not spend so much, and you can just turn settings down to improve performance. Consoles can't do that.

• Brohoof 2

5 hours ago, Someguyinablazer said:

Whatever you prefer to use. I personally don't care what I am playing on as long as i enjoy the game. I mostly have games on console.

As for the Pc Master Race out there who might call me a dirty console peasant, I will say this: I've had sex, and you haven't.

4DjLn7Q.png

• Brohoof 2

Well this topic has gone off track :lol: I did not ask for this PC Master Race nonsense so please keep that to yourself. Both PCs and Consoles have strengths and weaknesses so its not like 1 is "clearly" better than the other. Hence my tagline, "100% Totally Subjective". ;) I vote for PC cause its what I grew up with. Doesn't mean I have anything against consoles in general. Heck, I once played DragonBall Z: Budokai 3 and Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 3 on the PS2 with my cousin at 2008 so its all good.

Just want to see differing perspectives not a fistfight to the death. :pout:

• Brohoof 1

once upon a time I was a console enthusiast, but just before the Xbox one was released, I switched to PC for a few reasons. 

- More of my friends had PC games to play with.

- The games were available on Steam and PC format anyway.

- Screw paying for internet access/subscriptions on consoles. 

The only console we're considering buying now is the PS4 due to various exclusive games. Same with the reason I got a WII U in the first place, so I could carry on playing nintendo games. (plus I actually really like it shame it wanst so popular). The one game I wish was on PC though is Red Dead Redemption. Bastard Rock Star only ever released GTA on PC....which I stopped playing due to the amount of bloody hackers in multiplayer mode. 

• Brohoof 2

consoles....yes i did built a pc for gaming but it was a mid range pc but thats it , i used to be in the pc scene way back but its just got harder and harder to know which parts and what kind of power you need just to play a good high graphics game for a console its all there for you...so i prefer consoles.

• Brohoof 1

Obviously PCs are better for me because you can do anything on them while consoles are only limited to gaming, internet video streaming and blu-ray/DVD playing. Plus you can play most console games on your PC anyways using emulator programs. :)

• Brohoof 1

Right now, definitely PC. Most modern consoles are lagging behind pretty severely and releasing a lack of interesting titles that don't have PC ports (that almost always perform better than the console ports), and they also can handle more from a game than a console can. Also, they aren't just to play games on either. They are also much less likely to have serious issues. (Seriously, some consoles are almost designed to break to be honest.)

• Brohoof 1

Also if your console breaks, gotta send it in for repairs or get it replaced, PCs you can literally just replace the broken part.

• Brohoof 2

13 hours ago, Vulon Bii said:

I don't see the "dedicated" gamer choosing a console over a PC if they want the best experience possible.

I think you misunderstood. What I said in my post was that the more dedicated gamers were more likely to get a PC rather than a console.

8 hours ago, Celli said:

Thanks for generalizing the entire pc community. 

Yet, every single time this topic comes up, there are always PC gamers that live up to that generalization. Every single time this topic has come up on this very forum it has always turned out this way.

It's a great part of the reason that while I'm typically live and let live, I instead came into this topic showing my full problems with my experiences with PC gaming. This forum historically has a big problem with PC elitists. I know where this topic always goes.

I don't know why we can't just let each other be. I feel this way about the whole gaming community. The "console wars" are so childish. Just play what console you like and ignore the rest, it doesn't matter. The PC gaming superiority complex is no different. It has certainly been shown to be very childish on this very forum in the past.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

B50Ec9OCYAE48hb.png:large
Can't believe nobody posted that yet. In all seriousness, though, I like both. Consoles have the ease of plug and play with minimal stress. Just sit down, turn it on and go. PC, on the other hoof, is great for games that need a little more than a controller can provide, such as rts games and mmorpgs. Each one has its benefits and drawbacks, and it's really up to the individual to decide which one they like best. I prefer PC gaming because that's where all the mmos are at, and I love playing with huge communities, but I have no problems sitting down at a Nintendo or Playstation to play a good single player campaign.

Edited by Crystal Treasure
  • Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, Envy said:

Yet, every single time this topic comes up, there are always PC gamers that live up to that generalization. Every single time this topic has come up on this very forum it has always turned out this way.

It's a great part of the reason that while I'm typically live and let live, I instead came into this topic showing my full problems with my experiences with PC gaming. This forum historically has a big problem with PC elitists. I know where this topic always goes.

I don't know why we can't just let each other be. I feel this way about the whole gaming community. The "console wars" are so childish. Just play what console you like and ignore the rest, it doesn't matter. The PC gaming superiority complex is no different. It has certainly been shown to be very childish on this very forum in the past.

That doesn't mean the entire PC community, or even a majority of it is elitist. They make up a small portion of it. I don't shun people for playing consoles and I think using the term PC master race seriously is stupid. I'm sorry you've had bad experiences with elitist and PC gaming but that doesn't mean most PC gamers are like that, or that PC gaming is bad. 

• Brohoof 1

I like consoles. There's something about them that makes the gaming experience feel more like gaming in the literal sense. Maybe because I use the PC for so many other things that staring at the same screen all the time wouldn't feel as exciting in a way? Maybe partially.

PC gaming has been grabbing my attention since the beginning of the decade.  I use to be hooked on consoles, till I found more benefits with Steam and GoG.

In this day and age, I wonder why I even need a Big Box for a console, when my computer is more than capable of playing games, including games that I have played a decade or more ago.  Not to mention that two storefronts have been providing plenty of games for my collection: Steam and GoG.  The former is obvious, but the latter is for those who hate DRM.  

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, SaburoDaimando said:

PC gaming has been grabbing my attention since the beginning of the decade.  I use to be hooked on consoles, till I found more benefits with Steam and GoG.

In this day and age, I wonder why I even need a Big Box for a console, when my computer is more than capable of playing games, including games that I have played a decade or more ago.  Not to mention that two storefronts have been providing plenty of games for my collection: Steam and GoG.  The former is obvious, but the latter is for those who hate DRM.  

GoG is amazing. The only thing is it's library isn't nearly as big as steam.

9 hours ago, ZethaPonderer said:

Well this topic has gone off track :lol: I did not ask for this PC Master Race nonsense so please keep that to yourself. Both PCs and Consoles have strengths and weaknesses so its not like 1 is "clearly" better than the other. Hence my tagline, "100% Totally Subjective". ;) I vote for PC cause its what I grew up with. Doesn't mean I have anything against consoles in general. Heck, I once played DragonBall Z: Budokai 3 and Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 3 on the PS2 with my cousin at 2008 so its all good.

Just want to see differing perspectives not a fistfight to the death. :pout:

^There can never be civil discussion of consoles vs gaming pc's. Why? Well console gamers tend to get very defensive over investing in objectively inferior hardware and try to delude themselves into this weird mental state in which they believe consoles are superior, and pc gamers (for some stupid reason) feel the need to gloat and put down the console gamers in any way shape or form.

It doesn't make sense to me... pc gamers should be playing their games instead of talking smack to those less fortunate on the interwebz :o PC elitists are like those bastards who go out beating up homeless people; just really pathetic -.-

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Comparing the two is like comparing a Corvette to a Veyron, each have their own pros and cons.

On a technical level there is no doubt about it, the PC is superior to a console. But because of how strong it is PCs tend to be twice, or in some cases three times as expensive as a console. Plus there are upgrades and parts you could get that aren't cheap either. Consoles on the other hand are a cheaper alternative to gaming only costing $400, and the price only goes down as the years pass.

The reason I prefer console gaming over PC gaming though is because its cheaper, but there is something about playing a video game with a controller in your hand that just feels right. Sure I could get a controller attachment for a PC, but it doesn't feel the same. And its not just the controller, I dunno what it is but playing on a gaming console just feels better despite it being inferior on a technical level... Its something you can't really explain. The only time I ever game on PC is if the game is PC exclusive.

Edited by Snowflake Frostflame
  • Brohoof 1