Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which Mane Six pony is most likely to have aquaphobia?

FirePuppy

Which Mane Six pony is most likely to have aquaphobia?  

5 users have voted

1. 1. Which Mane Six pony is most likely to have aquaphobia?

• Twilight Sparkle
    • Fluttershy
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Rarity

(edited)

I know it's certainly not Pinkie. And I don't think Applejack has it, either, as seen in Leap of Faith. But I'm sure at least one of the others do.

Edited by FirePuppy
  • Brohoof 1

Well, the short-run MLP manga they released shows Twilight can't swim. Rarity saves her from drowning in a character-establishing intro (showing how Rarity puts her friends over her neatness, or whatever).

• Brohoof 3

On 2017-07-01 at 2:00 PM, Daring_Do said:

Well, the short-run MLP manga they released shows Twilight can't swim. Rarity saves her from drowning in a character-establishing intro (showing how Rarity puts her friends over her neatness, or whatever).

I thought I was the only one who knew about that.  Brohoof.  I actually happen to own it.  As a bit of a B-canon buff though, I have to admit that even I take that manga with a grain of salt as intriguing as it is at times.  I decided to create the classification of C-canon for content from other regions with the addendum that if you happen to live in whatever region certain official content is from then that material can be treated as B canon, for that region.  For everyone else though I think it's best if foreign material take a backseat to even the B-canon stuff released in the West.  

That said, I do think that's a great character moment for Rarity and it's something I would like to see done in the show, or the comics or even a G.M. Berrow book.  I think her thing is she just doesn't want to ruin her perfect mane or any outfit she might wear.  By the way, the Japanese word for mane is tategami.  The character she portrays in the Hearths Warming Eve play however, just might have aquaphobia and/or many other phobias, and that's one of multiple reasons why Princess Platinum would be aggravating to work for.  As for Rarity, I like to think she's pretty fearless and is willing to do what she needs to if the life of a friend is on the line.  

I think if any character would have aquaphobia it would be Twilight as she's pretty indoorsy and not from a region with large bodies of water.  Rainbow seems to like splashing in Ponyville's pond and Fluttershy regularly sticks her head underwater to somehow talk to fish and frogs (yeah, figure that one out), and is pretty outdoorsy in general.  

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

As you said earlier Applejack definitely isn't as she is seen in the water just fine, same for Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie. That only leaves Twilight, Rarity, and Fluttershy. Twilight is known to have a few strange fears, while Fluttershy is a bit shy and timid herself. Fluttershy however would probably be used to water considering her interest in animals, though she could still fear it. Rarity could also dislike it, but there has been no indication at all.

It could be either one, and unless it is shown, which it won't as none of them likely are, it is just up to guessing.

1 hour ago, AlbaTross said:

I thought I was the only one who knew about that.  Brohoof.  I actually happen to own it.  As a bit of a B-canon buff though, I have to admit that even I take that manga with a grain of salt as intriguing as it is at times.  I decided to create the classification of C-canon for content from other regions with the addendum that if you happen to live in whatever region certain official content is from then that material can be treated as B canon, for that region.  For everyone else though I think it's best if foreign material take a backseat to even the B-canon stuff released in the West.  

That said, I do think that's a great character moment for Rarity and it's something I would like to see done in the show, or the comics or even a G.M. Berrow book.  I think her thing is she just doesn't want to ruin her perfect mane or any outfit she might wear.  By the way, the Japanese word for mane is tategami.  The character she portrays in the Hearths Warming Eve play however, just might have aquaphobia and/or many other phobias, and that's one of multiple reasons why Princess Platinum would be aggravating to work for.  As for Rarity, I like to think she's pretty fearless and is willing to do what she needs to if the life of a friend is on the line.  

I think if any character would have aquaphobia it would be Twilight as she's pretty indoorsy and not from a region with large bodies of water.  Rainbow seems to like splashing in Ponyville's pond and Fluttershy regularly sticks her head underwater to somehow talk to fish and frogs (yeah, figure that one out), and is pretty outdoorsy in general.  

I will say that Fluttershy sticking her head in is not the same as not having aquaphobia in my opinion, though I doubt she has it anyway.

Edited by Foxy Socks