Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Rest In Peace, Chester Bennington

Denim&Venöm

(edited)

It is with a heavy heart that I share this news. Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington has left us today. Police are saying that the cause of death was a suicide. 

I wish the best for his fans, his family, his firends and his bandmates. He was apart of man childhoods and teenage years growing up. Linkin Park was a gateway for many into the realms of heavy music. It sure was for me. 

May his legacy live on. 

Image result for chester bennington

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 5

This... Year was so great with all the new releases from artists.... First Chris Cornell and now Chester Bennington..

Please don't take anymore... Depression and suicide are not to be taken lightly 

• Brohoof 5

I'm still surprised and a little bit shocked about this. I didn't imagine he would commit suicide. 

RIP Chester. We will always remember you. As tribute, I will share some of my favourite Linkin Park songs. 

• Brohoof 4

Chester was known for using his music do deal with depression, and it was easy to notice ever since the days of Hybrid Theory itself.

17 years of wonderful music, this band was my entire childhood, only band I only ever listened to seriously. For 17 straight years there was not a single month I would not listen to Linkin Park. They've shaped me into who I am today, their music helped me to deal with so many issues. They've been an inspiration to thousands... and now they're but a shadow of their former selves. Let's face it, Chester was the very soul of the band.

I cannot believe these news... 36 days. That's the amount of time that has passed since I've seen this man live, on stage, up close. Could even touch him. And now he's gone, these will be my last memories of Linkin Park. Their music became tainted to me, lined with pain and sadness. The lyrics will hit that much harder. Nevertheless, this is Chester's legacy, this is what made me love the entire band from the very first moment's I've heard them. I will never betray their trust as a fan, I'm Linkin' Park's Soldier and will always remain one, until the very end of my days.

It's funny though... barely yesterday I've been praising LP to my coworker, showing him parts of the concert I've attended... a concert on which Chester was smiling as he watched the crowd sing the songs along, or even instead of him when challenged. Now I'll return to work and gloom will be following me in my steps. A giant part of my childhood died along with Chester, for some reason I cannot shake the feeling that part of me died with him. Funny how of all the things this information forced real tears out of me, something I haven't been able to do for years now. I already know that deep in heart, I will never accept this reality.

I hope you found your peace Chester, I love you man for everything you and your band has done to me.

Stay strong Soldiers, for his sake.

• Brohoof 4

Damn. Was never a fan of Linkin Park, but damn sure did their songs touch a lot of people. Damn sure did they make their mark in the world of heavy music.

Now I regret not being an Linkin Park fan. :c

Rest easy, bro. Stay strong, friends, family, and fans.

• Brohoof 3

I've been a fan of Linkin Park since their Meteora album. I didn't particularly like very much after that. The change in music styles was not to my liking at all.

New Divide was one of their most popular songs and I didn't like it at all. When the band started focusing more on mellow styles they pretty much  lost me.

Still, without Chester there will either be no more Linkin Park or it's going to change drastically. I'm curious to see what happens now.

Some of my favorite songs by them were Forgotten, Nobody's Listening, Figure No. 9, In The End, Bleed It Out, and Castle of Glass.

It's ironic that he committed suicide when he's been singing about depression and suicidal thoughts for  nearly twenty years.

• Brohoof 3

I'm not really a fan but I used to enjoy their music. I was pretty surprised when I heard about it but apparently there were a lot of reasons he did it.

I was doing the washing when my partner looked up news on his phone and then very casualy claimed that "the lead singer of Linkin Park has killed himself" I actually dropped what I was doing out of shock and tried very hard to keep the tears back - he doenst understand why people cry that a celeb has died because we dont know the person - but I did have a little cry. Linkin Park, like many others, got me through my teens and have always been the band I put on during my toughest days. They got me through the worst. "Numb" was considered my personal anthem/theme song for years. I also titled a lot of my old artwork from the songs. 

I admired Chester as a "feck it all" vocalist, and always remember what he said on the old tour DVD, he said that he never looked after his voice, he smoked and drank, but f**k it and just carried on. I just loved that attitude, even if it wasnt good role model advice heh. 

Had the full playlist on last night, I will be doing a tribute cover to him within the next 2 weeks. 

• Brohoof 2

I guess in the end... it didn't really matter... *gets rocks thrown at me*

Being serious, it really sucks now that he's gone... I had been listening to their songs since I was 12. It seems to be a really bad year for well known celebrities, losing Adam West, George Romero, and now Chester Bennington... makes you wonder who's next.

• Brohoof 2