Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler New short: The Art of Friendship

Flutterlina

The ending was totally unexpected to me, but oh so cute haha! I personally don't "ship" them, but their friendship makes me really happy. I'm so glad that Sunset Shimmer has become a regular in the Equestria Girls sequence, instead of just a defeated enemy from the first movie. Thank you for posting this!

• Brohoof 2

Once again, Boulder Media had Sunset in her old outfit and old hair colour. While I did enjoy the short for what it was, I feel that this error with Sunset ruins the experience.

• Brohoof 2

8 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

Once again, Boulder Media had Sunset in her old outfit and old hair colour. While I did enjoy the short for what it was, I feel that this error with Sunset ruins the experience.

Unfortunately, I get a strong impression that it'll be like that for every Boulder Media short that has her, at least in this large set. Most likely they didn't get the updated model.

8 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

Unlike last time which had Sci Twi in it, I just assumed that it took place some time between Rainbow Rocks and Friendship Games to explain why that was the case.

31 minutes ago, cmarston1 said:

Unlike last time which had Sci Twi in it, I just assumed that it took place some time between Rainbow Rocks and Friendship Games to explain why that was the case.

I actually just found another new short On Demand that I don't think has surfaced anywhere else called "Epic Fails", and it also combines Sci-Twi and Sunset's old outfit.

BTW I love how Sunset is animated in the scene where she's with Rarity, and is a great example of the potential Boulder has when firing on all cylinders.

Edited by Toon4Thought
  • Brohoof 1

11 minutes ago, Toon4Thought said:

I actually just found another new short On Demand that I don't think has surfaced anywhere else called "Epic Fails", and it also combines Sci-Twi and Sunset's old outfit.

BTW I love how Sunset is animated in the scene where she's with Rarity, and is a great example of the potential Boulder has when firing on all cylinders.

Yikes.

I like Sunset's OG outfit and all, but this is a pretty big error for the shorts to make.

Just now, cmarston1 said:

Yikes.

I like Sunset's OG outfit and all, but this is a pretty big error for the shorts to make.

Most likely Boulder Media didn't get the updated model; Hasbro seems to be kind of slow on being kept up to date on these things, only recently did a mini come out that matches her new outfit.

That being said, you really should see how she's animated in that one scene I mentioned. I may be overmilking it a bit, but I do think it's the best work Boulder has done on these shorts so far.

On ‎2017‎-‎08‎-‎16 at 6:36 AM, cmarston1 said:

That's how I felt when I first watched Pet Project. I assumed it took place around the time of Rainbow Rocks until I saw Spike wearing his bow-tie when it showed each of the pets sitting down in a line.

This one was kinda funny. Not exactly Rainbow Rocks shorts quality, but these are slowly getting there, and Boulder Media's work is starting to resemble DHX's in style, though the colours are still off and there's less detail to the animations. This one at least has some novelty to offer through Pinkie wearing a bird costume, and it otherwise has enough energy, I guess. This is also probably the most blatant example of the show hitting the friendship notes too hard, as those final scenes with Pinkie and Sunset do not seem platonic at all, and I can't really get behind shipping that because it strikes me as an inept creative choice more than chemistry between characters. Again, these shorts have a cheap knockoff feel to them, but by those standards this one isn't so bad. 

Of note: I'm not very knowledgeable about farming, but should Granny Smith have enough time to work the cafeteria? We've seen previously that the Apple family are farmers.

I did like this short. It has a few great moments, especially bird Pinkie Pie. That moment made me giggle. I would say this short is very good for all viewers to watch.

Also, this scene made me think of Splatoon:

Pinkie Pie with Slosher.png

• Brohoof 1