Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Long Nails or Short Nails?

Lunar Echo

How do you like your Nails, Long or Short?

86e0d5be8ce44b4c88842655f2c3cee7.jpg

I like my Nails Short but I sometimes get Lazy and just let them grow out like a foxes.

If it were a decision I had to make for a country I'd have to say Short Nails is the way!

Anyway, I look forward to all your Nail related replies.

• Brohoof 1

I prefer to have my fingernails short, but that's mostly because I bite them a lot. I've always felt squeamish with having long fingernails anyway. :lol:

• Brohoof 2

I always keep my nails short, it makes it easier to manage for drawing or whatever. Fox mode nails sound cool but I imagine keeping them like that would take some upkeep. Cute fox photo by the way.

• Brohoof 1

Short nails. Long nails feel really weird and I get paranoid about them chipping. I also agree that longer nails are more cumbersome when doing artwork. 

• Brohoof 2

Short. It makes typing, playing the guitar, exercising-- pretty much any task easier. I could never be a classical guitarist. :P Or one of those freaky Guinness World Record holders.  :blink: Also, I don't like girls with long nails. :eww:

Edited by gyashaa
  • Brohoof 2

I like my nails long and pointy! (I mean my actual nails, I hate those fake claw-like things people glue to their fingers :'3 )

But since I sculpt a lot have to keep them short... Long nails tend to mess up my work. :c

• Brohoof 1

As a classical guitarist, my nails might seem rather odd. I keep all the nails on my left hand short, whereas 4 out of 5 nails on my right hand are "shaped", though not necessarily long. I use various grades of sandpaper to file the nails of my thumb, index, middle, and ring fingers to slopes of varying degrees depending on the angle at which they pluck the strings.

They usually never extend more than a millimeter or two past the fingertip, however.

Short. It makes playing the guitar [...] easier. I could never be a classical guitarist.

My condolences :c Edited by Wubtavia
  • Brohoof 1

Long! For the first time in my life I have long nails (pre-natal vitamins, yo) and so now I wear my nails as long as they'll grow. And they're always painted, too. <3

My friend Jeff calls them talons.

Right now my nails match my bedroom walls!

HIaWoFC.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I like my nails long. Not freakishly long per se, but definitely longer than the average person whose nails are real. Mine are naturally pretty thick and sturdy so I rarely have to worry about them bending or breaking. I actually have grown quite accustomed to them being fairly long and I feel somewhat handicapped when I clip or file them too short.

That said, they must get quite long at times, much to the chagrin of my family, who dubs my fingernails "cat claws." :P

• Brohoof 2