Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Too short.

Hierok

2 hours ago, Jeric said:

At it's current length, it's up there in terms of run time for 2D Western Animation. If you were to keep the current plot, yet eliminate a character, you would reduce one of three characters mini-arcs. Rarity and Rainbow Dash each get focused parts that are used to help gain allies. I actually believe that the Celaeno and her crews return to form was a bit quick, but that goes the fact that the song was kinda short. The first half of the song should have been sung and then as instrumental played you have mid song dialog furthering the the point that Dash was trying to make, then resume the song. It adds 30-60 seconds of runtime and fixes that issue nicely. 

I actually believe that Cappers segment (from introduction to the escape) got a decent amount of screen time. I will tell you he isn't the best con artist since there was a built in excuse when they were found to be heading in a different direction, but I overlooked that goof. 

The only problem I found with Capper's initial segment was the Verko bit being rushed and ended up making Capper's plan appear completely ineffective. It's later on where he seemed rushed. Completely agree with the pirates. 

If anything, Capper struck me as the closest thing to a Magnificent B*****d:

He debuted by convincing all of Klugetown that the Mane 6 and Spike were infected, then later came up with the "Trojan cake" to sneak the good guys back into Canterlot (in particular, that back-turned countdown before The Storm King's grunts opened the gates ( :lol: )).

Edited by The Artist Formerly Known As A.V.
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
3 hours ago, PathfinderCS said:

@Hierok

Added spoiler prefix; careful with that in the future. ;)

I believe I already added the spoiler prefix when I made this topic, but it's alright. Thank you. :fluttershy:

2 hours ago, Jeric said:

My 5 year old niece and 7 year old niece got it. 

Are you trying to embarrase me? :P

Edited by Hierok
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...
On 10/6/2017 at 8:27 AM, Hierok said:

I just watched the movie and while the effects and designs were amazing, the storie could be a lot better. I didn't like the way Capper and the pirates were reformed. It was too short in my opinion and the part that the hippo's came back was my least favourite part.

What do you guys think? Did I miss parts of the movie which bring this better together?

You missed nothing. The Movie was obviously time constrained. Even some of the Mane 6 didn't get anything in the Movie (I don't remember who it was). Most of them got to sing a song, and that was their part, and the songs that were prioritized were the guest stars' songs!

• 1 year later...

I would have liked the movie to be a little bit longer so that the new characters could be better developed or they should have cut out some of them. I still like the movie for what it is. :)

• 1 year later...
On 2020-03-31 at 3:30 PM, Splashee said:

You missed nothing. The Movie was obviously time constrained. Even some of the Mane 6 didn't get anything in the Movie (I don't remember who it was). Most of them got to sing a song, and that was their part, and the songs that were prioritized were the guest stars' songs!

It was mostly Fluttershy and Applejack who didn’t get enough