Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why fluttershy is being sold short

Coolius rpi

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/39995/Flutter%27s-End-

I just read this fic and it inspired me to write about why I think Fluttershy dosent get enough respect in the fans.

1: she is weak, but she is capable of some really extraordinary feats. She scolded a dragon and stared at a cockatrice.

2: when it comes to her goals, she is as determined as rainbow dash. You never hear her say: 'hey guys lets just give up and go home.'

3: In one my favorite episodes ever, iron will turned her into a monster, but she was able to realize that she was a monster and be assertive in the right way. Not many ponies can do that.

4: in hurricane fluttershy, she was driven to tears and self-pity, but she overcame her feelings of worthlessness and saved cloudsdale!

5: She has done a lot of really cool things without bragging about them. think. When rainbow dash does something amazing, like save the wonderbolts or do a rainboom, she brags about it to everyone and is very boastful. just think about The mysterious mare do well episode. she is bragging in everyponies faces about it. Fluttershy is one of the most humble ponies in the show. she saved all of ponyville from a dragon, saved cloudsdale from a drought, and saved the CMC's lives. she has never once boasted about it.

6: She often sells herself short. She never takes credit for something that was done. there has never been a parade for her, never been an award for her, but she seems fine with that.

7: she keeps falling down but she keeps getting back up. This is the part of her that reminds me most of my life. This reason is mostly mine, but i feel i can relate to her life the most. (faced with many obstacles in daily life)

You can tell by now that she is my favorite pony. And I think, besides applejack, she is the most underestimated pony. What do you think of this majestic, but determined creature?

Posted Image

and yes, she is the perfect mare, and only the best stallion (mare? I dunno.) deserves her. (Like big macintosh!) aww, they already love each other, see? <3 <3 <3.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

She gets more than she deserves in my opinion,

she's nothing but the same cliché shy character

inb4 flutterfanboys attack

Edited by Shankveld
  • Brohoof 9

I'm sorry, I don't read hate fictions... expecially of my favorite character. this guy could be a troll for all we know... the guy who wrote this.... the fic... not you...

(edited)

IMO Fluttershy is overrated.Fluttershy is easily the most popular pony among the fans I'm not sure how that single fan fic stirred up this question.Have you ever looked at the polls?She's always at the highest rated for "Cutest Pony" or "Favorite Pony".People simply adore Fluttershy

The underrated ones are AJ and Rarity.They deserve more from their fans.

Edited by OdinForced
  • Brohoof 6

she's not but the same cliché shy character

She is shy, but shes so much more. thats the point!

So much terrible stuff and bad luck happen to her, like when she was bullied in cloudsdale, taught by that awful iron will, and ostracized by everyone in hurricane fluttershy.

She may be weak, but in her own way, shes very strong!

she keeps doing amazing things, almost as often as rd, but she never brags.

She is often able to overcome her insecurites (i.e. fear of dragons) and do what nopony else can do. (get that dragon to get the hell out of her town!)

She gets all the deserved Fluttershy adorableness, but doesn't get the respect in the other aspects of fans. So I agree.

But if she became a more assertive amd tougher casual while still kind, she'd just become a Mary Sue.

You know?

She gets more than she deserves in my opinion

I agree with that. Maybe there's a stereotype with people liking shy characters...

she's nothing but the same cliché shy character

Ehhhhhhhhhh, I can sort of agree with that...

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Fluttershy is not underrated or sold short in any sense of the word. Her fanbase simply due to the cuteness factor is bucking ridiculous in size. After Pinkie and RD, she's probably the most popular character if not equal to them, just through different mediums. If anyone wants to talk about underrated, there's an orange pony with a southern accent that fits the bill the best.

I think Fluttershy is a nice character, they're all nice, they're all sweet. But seriously, Fluttershy get's pleeeeeenty of attention.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
  • Brohoof 4

Hmm, I never thought Fluttershy was viewed as 'underrated' at all. I always thought she was one of the fan favorites due to her cuteness. She is great in her own way, most definitely. However, as Shankveld said, she seems a tad cliche. But it doesn't mean I don't enjoy her character. I do agree with you, though, in that AJ is quite underestimated.

• Brohoof 1

I think that shes highly liked among bronies, really I don't like her because sometimes she just stands back, does nothing, say nothing, and waits. It kinda seems like she did start to get less and less shy through out the episodes tho.

• Brohoof 1

saying fluttershy is the stereotypical shy character is like saying-

pinkie pie is stereotypical quirky, hyperactive character,

Rarity is the stereotypical refined, fashion diva character,

Rainbow Dash is the stereotypical[ical tomboy character, and so on... you have to look past what they are at the base, and see what they branch out to. just like when you think of real people.

Well, I relate to Fluttershy in the fact that i'm terribly shy and uncertain. But, Pinkie is my favorite of the mane 6. Nothing against Fluttershy, but opposites attract, right?

and BTW have you any idea how many Fan fics are ONLY about the crazed murderer side of Pinkie? >.>There's a reason "Fluttershy's end" Was down voted so much

I can't say she's overratedly adorable, cause I think she's the most adorable thing i've ever seen.

I'm not gonna say she's the most adorable to everypony though. If an arguement starts and my Fluttershy gets insulted, i'm gonna get flankhurt.

I don't say she's the most adorable all over people's faces. That will drive people to rage that she is overrated, then I get butthurt.

I respect everypony's oppinion, just don't go ssaying Fluttershy is overrated. You know she's adorable. Yes you do ;) but your Rainbow Dash is still cool ;)

I want you to see she's adorable, but I won't bug you about it. I'll agree RD is awesome, or Rarity is as beautiful as you say, but just don't insult what I personally prefer.

• Brohoof 1

I think this provides the reason to people who like Fluttershy that can't explain why they like Fluttershy, you've just basically read my mind on Fluttershy.

She represents the element of Kindness, and she represents it well.

(edited)

and BTW have you any idea how many Fan fics are ONLY about the crazed murderer side of Pinkie? >.>There's a reason "Fluttershy's end" Was down voted so much

What the heck is "Fluttershy's end"? Plus, I don't like to think about a made up side of my favorite character....

Edit: Oh wait, there it is, on the top.... :blush:

Edited by Coeus

(edited)

Most people just like her because she is cute. im trying to get people to look beyond that. they seem to have done it with every other character. why leave fluttershy out of the mix? Because shes shy? feelsbadman.jpg :(

Edited by Fanayvea
  • Brohoof 1

What the heck is "Fluttershy's end"? Plus, I don't like to think about a made up side of my favorite character....

Thats the fan fic the OP posted that stirred up this thread

Me neither I hate that made up side too >< I normally think about how Pinkie is actually a closet genius rather than the crazed murderer

She's my favorite too btw (:

• Brohoof 2

She is shy, but shes so much more. thats the point!

So much terrible stuff and bad luck happen to her, like when she was bullied in cloudsdale, taught by that awful iron will, and ostracized by everyone in hurricane fluttershy.

She may be weak, but in her own way, shes very strong!

she keeps doing amazing things, almost as often as rd, but she never brags.

She is often able to overcome her insecurites (i.e. fear of dragons) and do what nopony else can do. (get that dragon to get the hell out of her town!)

I'm ecstatic that she inspires you and gives you strength, :)

but I disagree with her being underrated. ~

• Brohoof 1

Fluttershy is being sold short? In comparison to which pony exactly?

Take a look at these poll results:

Fluttershy dominates in all of these popular pony polls. I have seen her do well in other polls besides these. Rainbow Dash doesn't really stand much of a chance. The only mane 6 members that consistency compete with Fluttershy are Pinkie and Twilight Sparkle.

As a completely unbiased observer of this topic, I'd have to agree with you.

Rarity & Rainbow Dash ARE best ponies!!

• Brohoof 2

Your reading WAYYYY too much into your little girls cartoon. Plus a lot of what you said kinda seemed influenced by your bias.

• Brohoof 1