Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will The Map Call Discord?

FemaleIntrovert1995

Ever since Spike got called by the cutie map in the episode,"Triple Threat", I think the map knows about the existence of every creature in Equstria. Since it called someone who wasn't a pony, I guess it can call other creatures too. 

I got to thinking about Discord and his development. Seeing him being called by the map would be very interesting to see. Instead of scales glowing, his body might glow. He won't be called alone, either.  The pony he would be paired with will be Fluttershy no doubt. Or maybe Luna. The friendship problem they will fix is beyond me. What do you think?

• Brohoof 3

I'm completely expecting this to happen at one point. Discord and the CMC were the characters that popped in my head the moment Spike was called. 

• Brohoof 3

8 minutes ago, Jeric said:

I'm completely expecting this to happen at one point. Discord and the CMC were the characters that popped in my head the moment Spike was called. 

I always had this feeling that the CMC were connected to the map some how. They go around helping other ponies with identity issues and make friends along the way. The mane six kinda do the same thing. 

I don't really think that's gonna happen. For me, it's stupid that it called Starlight and Spike. I liked to think of the map like the second elements of harmony, but now in canonically expanded to more than just the mane 6. Also, Fluttercord episodes became kind of boring after a while. If he really got called by the map, I would love to see him paired, with, well, anyone except Fluttershy. Even with Starlight. I don't know if I was good at expressing my opinion but it's just my opinion after all :lol:

Oh sure; you want the map to call Discord? Next you be wanting him to be teamed with Starlight and...

....ooooo, the delicious possibilities. :D

• Brohoof 3

5 hours ago, PathfinderCS said:

Oh sure; you want the map to call Discord? Next you be wanting him to be teamed with Starlight and...

....ooooo, the delicious possibilities. :D

He's teamed with Starlight before. Who's to say it can't happen again?

• Brohoof 3

4 hours ago, MidnightFire1222 said:

He's teamed with Starlight before. Who's to say it can't happen again?

Considering that is my favorite episode...I really have no excuse for forgetting that... o_O

• Brohoof 2

22 hours ago, PathfinderCS said:

Considering that is my favorite episode...I really have no excuse for forgetting that... o_O

For shame Pathfinder. For shame. Lol.

Anyway, if it did call him I think it would be a really great episode. I love the episodes with Discord in them.

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, MidnightFire1222 said:

For shame Pathfinder. For shame. Lol.

Anyway, if it did call him I think it would be a really great episode. I love the episodes with Discord in them.

Shush. :P

While Discord isn't usually one of my favorite characters when he is written well he is a ball, and I can imagine him trying to deal with a friendship problem would be a lot of fun. :D

54 minutes ago, PathfinderCS said:

Shush. :P

While Discord isn't usually one of my favorite characters when he is written well he is a ball, and I can imagine him trying to deal with a friendship problem would be a lot of fun. :D

Exactly. With him being basically the god of chaos anything could literally happen if he took on a friendship problem.

• Brohoof 3

I see it happening eventually, even if I don't exactly like the idea. The map calling on Starlight and Spike made basically no sense whatsoever to me and with Discord it would make even less sense, but I could see the fun in him actually having to solve a friendship issue for once. Discord is very hit or miss with me, but this episode has more potential.

4 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

John de Lancie is kind of an expensive actor, so chances are, very unlikely. Besides, we don't even know what his Cutie Mark is!

He doesn't need one.  His Horn and Antler will count towards a Map Summon, with Fluttershy explaining to him what's going on.

• Brohoof 1

On 25.08.2017 at 6:23 AM, Unlikeable Pony said:

I would only be okay with this if Discord's symbol was the star of chaos.

Tzeentch_Icon_small.jpg

Well Discord already was shown with a cutie mark when he transformed into a pony to trick Tirek. It was a black Tornado.

Anyway, i odn't know why would Discord even care about fulfilling the quest of the map? Why mane6 are even doing it? What happen if they ignore it? Especially Discord should be the one to intentionally sabotage anything that comes from the Tree of Harmony. Harmony literally kills him.

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Conred said:

Well Discord already was shown with a cutie mark when he transformed into a pony to trick Tirek. It was a black Tornado.

Anyway, i odn't know why would Discord even care about fulfilling the quest of the map? Why mane6 are even doing it? What happen if they ignore it? Especially Discord should be the one to intentionally sabotage anything that comes from the Tree of Harmony. Harmony literally kills him.

the map is currently sitting in the "no point" corner of the room. There's no purpose or endgame for it, it just exists so the staff don't have to think up reasons for a plot to occur currently, just "Map is flashing"

• Brohoof 1

I think it would be pretty cool if the map will call Discord. After seeing Starlight and Spike being called by the map. I could definitely see the possibility of other characters being summoned by the map. I could also see the CMC being called at some point in the future as well. It would be pretty interesting for Discord to help solve a friendship problem. With the way he can break reality, it would be cool for him to learn more about friendship and help solve another pony's friendship problem. I would say he would go with someone else if another was called by the map. Probably either Fluttershy or Twilight would go with him. I would say those two because I think they've had the most interaction in Discord focused episodes, but I'm not entirely sure.