Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How could Pinkie Pie get Alicorned?

Lucartini

Saving a village from tyranny by inciting rebellion and they want her to be leader and she gladly accepts and gets a bit into the role. But then she misses her friends so she frequently tries travelling to them. She has plenty of fun with her new friends but her old friends r still special to her.

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Hierok said:

I think she can't, because there is no need for another Alicorn. ;) They would only get in the way of each other.

People said that when Cadence was introduced. Everyone's going to become an Alicorn in the Alicorn Show!

Besides I'm not Lauren Faust and this is a What If?.

4 minutes ago, Lucartini said:

People said that when Cadence was introduced. Everyone's going to become an Alicorn in the Alicorn Show!

Besides I'm not Lauren Faust and this is a What If?.

Pinkie can become an alicorn if she was a little bit more responsible and could  become gentler. A princess of laughter would be a fun concept tho, so I'm completly neutral on it if it is offered by a non writer. :)

5 minutes ago, Hierok said:

Pinkie can become an alicorn if she was a little bit more responsible and could  become gentler. A princess of laughter would be a fun concept tho, so I'm completly neutral on it if it is offered by a non writer. :)

I do note that there is a comic for that....

She can make herself an alicorn anytime she want... 

for Pinkie is a being that is beyond anypony's comprehension.... 

Her power stretches to the end of the Equestrian universe (Both equestria and EQG).

She is bound by no laws of nature or logic.

The mere glimpse of her true power would drive any pony into madness! 

Being a princess is just a 'title', for she can bring all ponies to their knees with a wave of her hooves. 

It was written in the great Cup cakes of the past that she would eventually break the 4th wall and begin the 'Dawn of Pinkie Pie'. 

:pinkie::ooh::):blink::okiedokieloki:Long live her Pinkieness! :okiedokieloki::blink::):ooh::pinkie:

• Brohoof 1

There is a nice fanfic about how earth ponies can become alicorns. It has an interesting assumption about Pinkie:

Spoiler

Pinkie actually already has alicorn powers, but she didn't get wings and horn, because when she found herself in the "higher plane" she was alone, and Celestia wasn't there to explain her what's going on. So Pinkie "stuffed" the powers inside herself. As for the way Pinkie got those powers in the first place, she literally sucked the magic from earth, cause earth ponies probably can do that.

2 hours ago, Quantum Pony said:

She can make herself an alicorn anytime she want... 

for Pinkie is a being that is beyond anypony's comprehension.... 

Her power stretches to the end of the Equestrian universe (Both equestria and EQG).

She is bound by no laws of nature or logic.

The mere glimpse of her true power would drive any pony into madness! 

Being a princess is just a 'title', for she can bring all ponies to their knees with a wave of her hooves. 

It was written in the great Cup cakes of the past that she would eventually break the 4th wall and begin the 'Dawn of Pinkie Pie'. 

:pinkie::ooh::):blink::okiedokieloki:Long live her Pinkieness! :okiedokieloki::blink::):ooh::pinkie:

*nods over to Quantum Pony* "What he said."

• Brohoof 1

IMO, it depends on "Why did Twilight become an Alicorn?"  Magical Mystery Cure isn't completely clear on that.

If you think that Twilight cast the spell that caused it, then it seems uncertain if it's even possible.  Of course, one of the books shows that Cadence was born a Pegasus & ascended.  If you accept that, then any of the other Mane 6 could ascend by using their Cutie Mark powers to solve a big enough problem.

If you take the view "Celestia did it"  (which is supported by the fact that Twilight wasn't an Alicorn until she returned to EQ), then the answer is "Pinkie will become an Alicorn when Celestia makes her one -but won't until then" 

by writer fiat basically :P
More or less, that's all there is to it; There doesn't appear to be any hard, in stone rules for becoming an alicorn right now, as Cadence's alicornhood seemingly happened just by having alot of magical energy in one spot; She showed love to a villain with what seemed to be a fairly bog standard magical necklace (the necklace was made by a pony and not an artifact, and its gemstone wasn't seemingly that important, given how cadence gave twilight a necklace of the same stone without a whole lot of gravity to it, and Rarity recognized the type of stone easily), and the Necklace reacted to her and Ubered her up (Or at least, teleported her to the same dimension that twilight went to where she met Celestia),
While I'd like that book to be non-cannon and another explanation given, it just seems like if the writers want to say that a magical object turns you into an alicorn, it will.

On 9/19/2017 at 4:05 PM, Twilight Witch said:

Pinkie Pie becoming an alicorn aswell as the rest of the mane 6 is something I don't want to see. 

I don't think you have to worry about that at all in the future :P

• 4 years later...

She would need to possess qualities of a princess to be "alicorned". Even if she had those qualities though, that wouldn't necessarily mean she would become an alicorn because Spike has shown that he has all those qualities and yet he is not a prince.

• Brohoof 2