Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Warning to all you closet bronies before seeing this film

FirePuppy

Yesterday, ticket sales have just started in Cinemark licensed areas. But there's still one last thing I'm concerned about: How we can have complete access to this film.

You see, a long time ago, when everyone 17 and under today were not yet born, there's been this time where a group of 12-14 year olds from back then bought tickets to "Wild Wild West" but then snuck in to see a "South Park" movie, causing a movie-industry crackdown. If you're a "closet brony", be warned -- you're gonna have the same problem as these 277holes did. Unless you're over 18, there's a chance your family might not want you seeing this film exactly like those kids from back in 1999. Yes, I know, the movie's only rated PG for "mild action", but that's not my point. Your families will think you're crazy for being fans of something designed for kids that can't watch movies suitable for your age. I mean, imagine a brony buying a ticket to The Mountain Between Us then sneaking in to see My Little Pony -- how weird can that be??

But on the good side, ticket booths had the right to deny those kids from seeing that South Park movie a long time ago, but they certainly can't do that to us bronies from seeing My Little Pony, no matter.

How do you guys feel about all of this?

I don't think it's as big a deal as you're making it. Closet Bronies 16 and over who have their own transportation won't be hindered.  Someone under 12 might be able to get away with asking to go see the movie. It'll probably be the 13-15 year olds who will have the most trouble if they're deadset on remaining closet. 

Honestly, I don't think most theaters are gonna enforce such a ruling. They're not gonna have ushers guarding entrances to R-rated movies. As long as you pay to get in, they probably couldn't care less. 

• Brohoof 5

5 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

I don't think it's as big a deal as you're making it. Closet Bronies 16 and over who have their own transportation won't be hindered.  Someone under 12 might be able to get away with asking to go see the movie. It'll probably be the 13-15 year olds who will have the most trouble if they're deadset on remaining closet. 

Honestly, I don't think most theaters are gonna enforce such a ruling. They're not gonna have ushers guarding entrances to R-rated movies. As long as you pay to get in, they probably couldn't care less. 

Exactly. Plus if anyone's that scared, just wait for the movie to come out on on-demand.

It's what I'm doing, since I don't drive and I doubt my parents would take me.

• Brohoof 1

Cinemark

Buy online and use the kiosk. No judgement there. Enter the theater early and focus on something other than the people around you. Maybe come on here and post ponies until the film starts ... 

Then enjoy. 

6 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

You see, a long time ago, when everyone 17 and under today were not yet born, there's been this time where a group of 12-14 year olds from back then bought tickets to "Wild Wild West" but then snuck in to see a "South Park" movie, causing a movie-industry crackdown. If you're a "closet brony", be warned -- you're gonna have the same problem as these 277holes did.

This wasn't is prevalent as you think. First hand experience as I was just out of college and actually managing a theater at the time after I did an internship at Exhibitor Relations before jumping to Ford. It was exceedingly trivial to address this. 

4 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

I think it's ridiculous. Most people here in America don't care what you watch or what you don't. Just buy the freaking ticket to the movie instead of another movie to sneak to ponies :scots: 

Excuse me, but I'm afraid this is not bullzhit at all. I have proof for this:

https://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-68779623.html

This was the best I could do to find it.

58 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

First, that was 18 years ago. Second, he was trying to sneak into an R rated movie when he was under 17. That's not the same thing as this.

Edited by PinkiePie97

16 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

That was the best you could find because it wasn't that prevalent as I already stated. Also underage admittance to certain films can be codified in a State Statute making it illegal and requiring the cinema to enforce it. Managers don't want parents screaming at them for kids watching an R rated film that they didn't approve. I've been there. It's not fun.

Also, if you buy a ticket to one film and go see another, you are depriving the studio rightfully earned revenue. It's theft and as I said on the piracy thread, I have no sympathy for you if there are consequences -- if you are denied access or told to change your ticket -- sad day for you.

• Brohoof 1

My theater just had multiple people who sells tickets, and there is just one guy who is going to make sure that you actually have a ticket. They aren't going to guard the entrance to the projector room itself, I just know that there some workers who might be waiting for people to exit the area so they can clean it from all of the excess popcorn trash. That's only happens by the end of the movie.

Edited by Rabit2017

• 2 years later...
On 9/23/2017 at 11:51 AM, FirePuppy said:

How do you guys feel about all of this?

I think Closet Bronies (like myself) just have to become a Brony for a second during the ticket purchase. I guess it involves screaming "Rainbow Daaaaash!" while handing over the money? :dash:

• 1 year later...
On 2017-09-24 at 11:41 AM, Steve Piranha said:

I think it's ridiculous. Most people here in America don't care what you watch or what you don't. Just buy the freaking ticket to the movie instead of another movie to sneak to ponies :scots: 

Same here. It's illegal to sneak into another movie anyway.