Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Favorite children's game shows

BrawnyCharger

One thing I've always enjoyed growing up was game shows. Especially the ones made for kids. Most of them were on Nickelodeon, but there were a few shown on syndication and other networks as well. My favorite ones were:

• Double Dare
  • Think Fast
  • Fun House
  • Where in the World/Time is Carmen Sandiego
  • Nick Arcade
  • Legends of the Hidden Temple
  • Nickelodeon Guts

What are some of your favorite kids game shows?

• 2 weeks later...

guess its different for each country. 

here in the UK our best ones were Fun House (that's the king of kids game shows), It's a Knockout (showing my age here), Get your own back, Finders Keepers and 50/50. I also loved the quiz show style ones like Name that Toon and Scratchy & Co. (sadly no one remembers this one ;_; ) 

Wasn't Slime Time Live on Nickelodeon technically one of these? That is the one I remember most fondly. I need to take a trip down memory lane and find some old episodes. I remember watching it every day after school, along with Spongebob. :3

Legends of the Hidden Temple. I loved a lot of the old Nick gameshow lineup, and in the early to mid 2000s, there was a whole channel devoted to them (Nick GAS...that channel was the best).

Image result for dreaded temple guards

Beware the dreaded temple guards

Many people may not have heard of this one, but one of my favorite game shows growing up was Uh Oh!

Hosted by Wink (who kinda looks like Jim Carry), it was your typical kids game show where they spun a wheel to compete in challenges or answer questions for points. But the best part was anytime someone landed on the titular Uh Oh!where that team's partner would get locked in a tank by the dreaded Punisher, who was basically a guy dressed head to toe in BDSM gear (You know, for kids!) and asked a trivia question. If they got it right, they got a boatload of points, but if they got it wrong, then the Punisher would dump a bucket of slime over their partner's head.