Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Who's the seventh legend's counterpart?

FlareGun45

Huh lots of different opinions this time around.  Personally I think Spike would be his counterpart because he is an somewhat underappreciated side kick that does not have a lot of power just like Stygian. Also Spike is a lot closer to the mane 6 than Starlight is. Which makes me think he would be more suited to be Stygian's counterpart. Starlight is kind of an outsider that prefers to hang out with mostly justTwilight Trixie and Sunburst. 

However considering the show likes to praise Starlight all the time and because Starlight saved Stygian and because Spike had no part in saving Stygian the show will probably make Starlight his counterpart.

But... no matter what the show does for me he would always be Spike's counterpart. It just feels right for me :please:

14 minutes ago, Spilight98 said:

Huh lots of different opinions this time around.  Personally I think Spike would be his counterpart because he is an somewhat underappreciated side kick that does not have a lot of power just like Stygian. Also Spike is a lot closer to the mane 6 than Starlight is. Which makes me think he would be more suited to be Stygian's counterpart. Starlight is kind of an outsider that prefers to hang out with mostly justTwilight Trixie and Sunburst. 

However considering the show likes to praise Starlight all the time and because Starlight saved Stygian and because Spike had no part in saving Stygian the show will probably make Starlight his counterpart.

But... no matter what the show does for me he would always be Spike's counterpart. It just feels right for me :please:

Spike already has a chair though, so Starlight being the seventh pillar/element would explain why she could also be called by the map.

Edited by ShootingStar159
  • Brohoof 1

24 minutes ago, ShootingStar159 said:

Spike already has a chair though, so Starlight being the seventh pillar/element would explain why she could also be called by the map.

Aye I see were your coming from. Spike indeed does have a chair for himself already making him a recognised member.

However whenever there is a major villain to be stopped example: Starlight and Stygian. Spike never gets called by the map to help out together with the mane 6. Making him a member that is not entirely part of the crew, for he doesnt get called when real trouble arrises.

27 minutes ago, Spilight98 said:

Aye I see were your coming from. Spike indeed does have a chair for himself already making him a recognised member.

However whenever there is a major villain to be stopped example: Starlight and Stygian. Spike never gets called by the map to help out together with the mane 6. Making him a member that is not entirely part of the crew, for he doesnt get called when real trouble arrises.

Well, my main point was that both Spike and Starlight have been called by the map, but only Spike has a clear connection to it, his chair. I think the reason the map was able to call Starlight is that, like Sunset, she’s the seventh element, even if hers hasn’t bloomed yet.

But as to your point, yeah, Spike should have a bigger role in finales, maybe he’ll be the big hero in season eight.

• Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, ShootingStar159 said:

Well, my main point was that both Spike and Starlight have been called by the map, but only Spike has a clear connection to it, his chair. I think the reason the map was able to call Starlight is that, like Sunset, she’s the seventh element, even if hers hasn’t bloomed yet.

But as to your point, yeah, Spike should have a bigger role in finales, maybe he’ll be the big hero in season eight.

So if Starlight indeed gets a chair just like Spike considering Starlight can be called by the map as well. Then there would be 8 chairs and 7 pillars meaning 1 person will not have a counterpart. So either the writers will say F it and just give either Spike or Starlight no counterpart or maybe let them both be Stygian's counterparts. Or they will just never give Starlight a chair to avoid the problem all together. 

1 hour ago, Spilight98 said:

So if Starlight indeed gets a chair just like Spike considering Starlight can be called by the map as well. Then there would be 8 chairs and 7 pillars meaning 1 person will not have a counterpart. So either the writers will say F it and just give either Spike or Starlight no counterpart or maybe let them both be Stygian's counterparts. Or they will just never give Starlight a chair to avoid the problem all together. 

Or there's an eighth legend! :3

• Brohoof 1