Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning Fractured Futures: World Building OOC

GoldieS

3 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

@Lektra Bolt 

Well since you're figuring into things, how do you feel about Luster getting involved/ being the cause of all this? 

Involved yes, probably with me?

Though being the cause of it probably not a good idea. The technology plague Techno is bringing in seems to be designed by some shadowy figure in the government that worked separately from the princesses and didn't know what they were doing..........

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, GoldieS said:

@Denim&Venom

No worries, you can pop in and out as you like! Plus, we did kind of chew through a lot over the last 24 hours XD

I'm not so sure I'm sold on the idea of this taking place in a pre-history era though. Some stuff relies on the things that have happened previously in Equestria. Think of it as the foundation for a lot of this. We've referenced a few things already in that regard. Though, I'm not completely off the idea... 

@Techno Universal

Perhaps, though I did like the idea they were more mindless than that, like the typical horde type style race type. I figure the only one that wouldn't be moving much would be the Nexus, the others would constantly be running around trying to follow their directives. Wouldn't be enough initiative or time to find a 'home' of sorts. I suppose there could be a sort of nest, but it would be very limited in complexity, more makeshift than anything initially. 

Haven't talked much about your city... how does it fair during in the harsh environment of the new world?

@Lektra Bolt

Considering the plague and how it was created, I don't think many citizens would mind most tech being illegal. Illegal and taboo to the average pony, since the alternatives are 'safer' from their perspective. Not really any need to bring such things in except for the novelty of it.

And I wouldn't worry about not having any big city to trade with, there will be other city states and scattered settlements across the countryside. None quite as big as either Techno's or yours of course, but respectable at the very least. Mostly cities (former towns) that were more or less out of the way when the plague hit. The bigger ones didn't last long. 

New Hayseed might be a good trading partner... perhaps a more magically inclined city mixed with a little industrial (maybe steampunk?) Became experts at growing food stuffs in the swampy environment. Exotic stuff, not just the usual. Famed for their 'floating gardens' and purple bananas! XP

Haven't talked much about the alicorns a lot, have we? At the very least, three of them would be present in the city, and active members of the leadership I would imagine. Twilight would of course be busy in some sort of research capacity likely, but not sure what the sisters would be busy doing. Trying to unite the other city states perhaps?

Yeah it's like the hordes would be very mindless but they would always be under control by the nexus. The directors would always hide themselves in the safest places and if I director it being moved somewhere it would be always surrounded by a massive horde. Plus their bases would be really just safe zones for their leaders so those areas would be protected by hordes of thousands of the infected. Anyways I was thinking that Techno's city would be highly automated so hundreds of robotic units are sent out every day to search for resources. Everyone would be controlled by a massive supercomputer system and even though the city may be fortified and highly secure there still would be ways to breach the security. Like the changelings would always be trying extremely intelligent plans to get into the city plus they would literally have to come up with something new when they get caught as the city's security system learns from incidents of catching enemies. Also the changelings would probably try to tamper with the computer system quite a bit as everything runs off it in the city. :)   

• Brohoof 1

Hundreds every day? Do you even realize how fast that would strip mine all of the world @Techno Universal? You'd basically have all the world's resources in under a week once you start with literally everyone else including the infected out to get you.

I'm not for this, and I'm sure @GoldieS isn't either?

I'd also like to hear what ideas @Denim&Venomhas. I'd love to have Luster in the city, but you're probably thinking of doing her as an antagonist 

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

15 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Involved yes, probably with me?

Though being the cause of it probably not a good idea. The technology plague Techno is bringing in seems to be designed by some shadowy figure in the government that worked separately from the princesses and didn't know what they were doing..........

7 minutes ago, GoldieS said:

@Denim&Venom @Lektra Bolt

Indeed, and those shadowy figures may as well be long gone at this point, considering the time that may have passed in conjunction with the little malfunction in those nanites. Though, there's always room for character's with sinister intent or misguided ambitions. What are some of the things you had in mind @Denim&Venom?

Well first, are we all behind this nano-plague idea? 

If so, then perhaps this could spurn Luster on to form her own faction in the splintered Equestria. An autonomous enclave of machines working to subjugate ponykind in order to keep them from destroying the planet even further. She could've even started the coup to seize power amidst the chaos, destabilizing things even further. 

So a sorta Geth/ I Robot/ rampant Cortana type of scenario. 

And yeah, Luster is indeed misguided. She's what would happen if Ultron was a moody teenager. Angry at being treated like a science project. Paranoid and over vigilant about the saftey of the country. Wanted to be acknowledged for her efforts. And this collapse could be her "Ha! I told you so!" moment. 

So from what I'm gathering, these nanites are turning ponies into dangerous cyborgs. So kind alike the borg or the reapers if they were a plague, converting life forms to serve the functions of a higher programming, either carrying out it's duties to it's extreme conclusion, or having been corrupted somewhere down the line. 

1 minute ago, Lektra Bolt said:

I'd also like to hear what ideas @Denim&Venomhas. I'd love to have Luster in the city, but you're probably thinking of doing her as an antagonist 

Thing is, I don't know what good she'd do. What would she be? Guard captain?" War master general? Assistant mayor? The city's AI waiting to go rampant? Technically she would be an antagonist, but as with many an antagonist, she thinks she's the one in the right and everypony else is in the wrong. 

So while she is establishing a ruthless empire to achieve supreme order, she'll be less Emperor Palpatine or Vader, and more Grand Admiral Thrawn, taking calculated risks and sacrifices to meet the greater good in her eyes. 

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Hundreds every day? Do you even realize how fast that would strip mine all of the world @Techno Universal? You'd basically have all the world's resources in under a week once you start with literally everyone else including the infected out to get you.

I'm not for this, and I'm sure @GoldieS isn't either?

Yeah or ad least a number of recource collecting bots that isn't really significant in the world. Though there's likely going to be hundreds of bots in the city that manage everything like maintenance and upkeep though only a number of them would actually be able to fight against threats. :)

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Thing is, I don't know what good she'd do. What would she be? Guard captain?" 

How about beloved Guard Captain? Unless you're really set on being an antagonist?

2 minutes ago, Techno Universal said:

a number of recource collecting bots that isn't really significant in the world.

I'm OK with this, carry on friend :)

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

How about beloved Guard Captain? Unless you're really set on being an antagonist?

I'm OK with this, carry on friend :)

Perhaps both could be done.

The beloved guard captain, where Lektra saw that Luster was going off the rails and reprogrammed her.

And literal iron fisted dictator Luster, who uploaded a back up of herself in case Lektra would do such a thing, declared ponykind unfit to rule, and started her military coup/ succession, in the end proving Lektra right. 

• Brohoof 1

hawt dawg, I leave to make some lunch for a few minutes and there's like a dozen responses XD he he lol

@Techno Universal @Denim&Venom @Lektra Bolt

Okay, to the resources collection with Techno's machines: You could think of it like this; they aren't merely scavenging resources, that could only yield so much. Think mining and cultivating, that sort of thing. Even with hundreds of workers working a particular strip mine the impact on the world at large would be negligible. So, consider the resource collection more like modern mining efforts. It takes a lot of work for just a little bit (comparatively speaking that is). Plus, the world has already been taken through the wringer, so resource collection is even more difficult and time consuming now. In fact, a few hundred workers probably wouldn't be all that helpful, but too many would draw too much attention from the changelings and the infected hordes (like Lektra mentioned).

So, Denim, you're interested in taking up a sort of counter faction against New Ponyville (Lektra's lads)? One that's strictly machine to their magitek, if I understand correctly. 

Hmm... I'd be okay with that if Lektra and Techno are okay with another faction. Though, I think I'll change up my changelings to accommodate. They are essentially of the same mindset, where they are attempting to conquer the world in order to 'protect' all the other species. Perhaps you might be interested in joining one of those factions? Scorpio being Tech/Industrial heavy, and Pices being Bio Mechanical/Heavy Genetic Engineering. They're a work in progress.

You also have to remember there are more city states out there as well, not just ponyville. (New Hayseed, Shadow Glade, Lost Pegasus) all that already might not like the more Tech oriented factions due to the plague and all that. 

BUT placing our characters within each faction, doesn't necessarily we HAVE to play them or have them in any RP we do. Just that they are cannon to our universe in their respective positions. Does that make sense?

• Brohoof 1

19 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Perhaps both could be done.

The beloved guard captain, where Lektra saw that Luster was going off the rails and reprogrammed her.

And literal iron fisted dictator Luster, who uploaded a back up of herself in case Lektra would do such a thing, declared ponykind unfit to rule, and started her military coup/ succession, in the end proving Lektra right. 

You know Lektra would never actually do that without consent, and since she's effectively in charge of the city, if you were to go this route Luster would be treated as a first class citizen and loved, being held in high regard as an example of a successful Magitek construct. One of many.

You'd probably be the first and also most important and developed construct, getting exercise often fighting for the city's safety with the enlisted citizens.

The beloved Guard Captain in charge of the military. She doesn't need to be mad, as I was thinking we could explore a version where Twilight was supportive of the project. You know, given the circumstances of the alternative and the outside world being so harsh.

That's just my idea though. You're welcome to still go the antagonist route and be a forth party

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

You know Lektra would never actually do that without consent, and since she's effectively in charge of the city, if you were to go this route Luster would be treated as a first class citizen and loved, being held in high regard as an example of a successful Magitek construct. One of many.

You'd probably be the first and also most important and developed construct, getting exercise often fighting for the city's safety with the enlisted citizens.

The beloved Guard Captain in charge of the military. She doesn't need to be mad, as I was thinking we could explore a version where Twilight was supportive of the project. You know, given the circumstances of the alternative and the outside world being so harsh.

That's just my idea though

Question is, how far would Lektra allow Luster to act independently before her efforts threatened to jeopardize her little slice of magitek utopia? 

Luster could still be on good terms with her mom, yet feel not enough is being done and opt for a more aggressive stance. She might not stay a guard captain if she felt that the good she was doing was minimal in the long run. 

So even though Luster is acting with the best of intentions, there maybe some things Lektra cannot permit, and does have to take matters into her own hooves, seeing Luster as malfunctioning, rather than the truth: her getting a few steps closer towards true sapience, and all the flaws that come with it. 

And it is out of such events that Luster V2 is made, altered to grow and develop a certain way, while V1 finds a way to continue on and strike out on her own, doing what Lektra wouldn't, for her own good. 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Denim&Venom said:

Question is, how far would Lektra allow Luster to act independently before her efforts threatened to jeopardize her little slice of magitek utopia? 

Luster could still be on good terms with her mom, yet feel not enough is being done and opt for a more aggressive stance. She might not stay a guard captain if she felt that the good she was doing was minimal in the long run. 

So even though Luster is acting with the best of intentions, there maybe some things Lektra cannot permit, and does have to take matters into her own hooves, seeing Luster as malfunctioning, rather than the truth: her getting a few steps closer towards true sapience, and all the flaws that come with it. 

And it is out of such events that Luster V2 is made, altered to grow and develop a certain way, while V1 finds a way to continue on and strike out on her own, doing what Lektra wouldn't, for her own good. 

You'd have as much freedom and actual sapience as you need to really. Aggression is all for the good of the city. Expand our influence, work to destroy the infected, possibly the black changelings too. I don't intend to have anyone sit on their ass.

I'm not seeing a problem, and it just depends on how much you want to be an antagonist rather than not

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

You'd have as much freedom and actual sapience as you need to really. Aggression is all for the good of the city. Expand our influence, work to destroy the infected, possibly the black changelings too. I don't intend to have anyone sit on their ass.

I'm not seeing a problem, and it just depends on how much you want to be an antagonist rather than not

Going ruthless war machine to protect Lektra's city might actually be the most concrete motivation Luster needs to go to war w/ the rest of pony kind. Perhaps it's Lektra who see's ponies being irresponsible and in need of oversight, and she's giving blessing to every militant action Luster takes.  

• Brohoof 2

Lektra's right, you could always take command of the cities military to fight off the many dangers of the wastes. I mean, they don't exactly need to know your methods either... perhaps that could end up being a point of contention when the leadership does find out how exactly you handle the 'threats' against them. Keep in mind you would also be deciding what constitutes a threat. It's not like anyone else would know the truth... the only ones that get outside are traders anyway. 

Just a thought. 

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Going ruthless war machine to protect Lektra's city might actually be the most concrete motivation Luster needs to go to war w/ the rest of pony kind. Perhaps it's Lektra who see's ponies being irresponsible and in need of oversight, and she's giving blessing to every militant action Luster takes.  

Yes and no. Kinda? The rest of pony kind who haven't taken haven in the city and help to expand the borders of the shield, but otherwise I feel this would be a fun thing to explore. A join or die philosophy? :wacko:

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Yes and no. Kinda? The rest of pony kind who haven't taken haven in the city and help to expand the borders of the shield, but otherwise I feel this would be a fun thing to explore. A join or die philosophy? :wacko:

If they're taking to living int he city, then they've taken to adopting Lektra's ideology and her way of life, whatever she feels best for pony kind. If all of Equestria were under her rule, Equines would prosper once again. And any who don't are part of the problem. Heck, perhaps enough time has passed that the inhabitants see Lektra as a god, and her followers would spread her decrees across the land by force. Repent by embracing Lektra's grace, as any who oppose were the one's who brought this ruin upon the world in the first place, and need to suffer penance. And of course, Luster would be her most fanatical devotee, the devil summoned to bring wrath to almighty Lektra's enemies. 

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Denim&Venom said:

If they're taking to living int he city, then they've taken to adopting Lektra's ideology and her way of life, whatever she feels best for pony kind. If all of Equestria were under her rule, Equines would prosper once again. And any who don't are part of the problem. Heck, perhaps enough time has passed that the inhabitants see Lektra as a god, and her followers would spread her decrees across the land by force. Repent by embracing Lektra's grace, as any who oppose were the one's who brought this ruin upon the world in the first place, and need to suffer penance. And of course, Luster would be her most fanatical devotee, the devil summoned to bring wrath to almighty Lektra's enemies. 

I'm actually ok with this, believe it or not. We're going to be a militant high magic society working on expanding our prosperous and efficient way of life.

Lektra wouldn't let it all get to her head though :smug:

• Brohoof 2

4 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

I'm actually ok with this, believe it or not. We're going to be a militant high magic society working on expanding our prosperous and efficient way of life.

Lektra wouldn't let it all get to her head though :smug:

I don't think she'd notice honestly. Lektra strikes me as the type to be aloof to her own status. If it's not a problem, she's not gonna bother. Just focus on running her city without distractions. 

• Brohoof 2

5 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

I don't think she'd notice honestly. Lektra strikes me as the type to be aloof to her own status. If it's not a problem, she's not gonna bother. Just focus on running her city without distractions. 

Yea while not out helping lead a crusade she would be jetting around helping to build, kinda like an it's a bird it's a plane, no it's the city matriarch 

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Yea while not out helping lead a crusade she would be jetting around helping to build, kinda like an it's a bird it's a plane, no it's the city matriarch 

Almost like a cross between Lex Luthor and Injustice Superman. An industrialist with an overwhelmingly positive public image, but has their own vision for the world and see's the elimination of threats to that vision as a means to an end. 

• Brohoof 2

27 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Almost like a cross between Lex Luthor and Injustice Superman. An industrialist with an overwhelmingly positive public image, but has their own vision for the world and see's the elimination of threats to that vision as a means to an end. 

I think I get the reference. Did a quick Google search. We're not quite that far to be seen as a dictatorship that need to be stopped, but there are some parallels that can be drawn. We are definitely going the peace through power, but maybe a bit less murder and bloody killing. MLP is not quite that dark, but there's going to be lots of similarities still.

I think we have New Ponyville figured out and the major players.

We could use some people joining who support different regimes, so sign-ups should never be closed. That's just my suggestion though 

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

@Lektra Bolt @Denim&Venom

Most definitely. I'd love to see a sprawling RP using this particular future, not sure how or when we'll begin things. Just take this time to hash out more and more details, and enjoy the process while we're at it. Think I'm gonna draw up some of my changelings, see if I still got what it takes XP

At any rate, we haven't really talked about the environment outside the cities all that much, have we? We say wasteland, but I'm not so sure I want a fallout style wasteland that's pretty much all desert and murky water. I'm thinking more along the lines of just nature reclaiming the crumbling old world, mixed with the cataclysmic destruction of the past. 

Edited by GoldieS
  • Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, GoldieS said:

@Lektra Bolt @Denim&Venom

Most definitely. I'd love to see a sprawling RP using this particular future, not sure how or when we'll begin things. Just take this time to hash out more and more details, and enjoy the process while we're at it. Think I'm gonna draw up some of my changelings, see if I still got what it takes XP

At any rate, we haven't really talked about the environment outside the cities all that much, have we? We say wasteland, but I'm not so sure I want a fallout style wasteland that's pretty much all desert and murky water. I'm thinking more along the lines of just nature reclaiming the crumbling old world, mixed with the cataclysmic destruction of the past. 

Or we can do a twisted take on that. Nature adapting to an unnatural threat. Like the EverFree spreading across Equestria. The chaos of nature being hostile to those that disturbed the balance. Or perhaps this nano-virus has mutated the environment, making it inhospitable, creating unforeseen environmental hazards like what happened w the Gears Of War universe. 

We haven't discussed what happened to the princesses. Perhaps the world is frozen in either perpetual day or night. Or stuck in between both like in S4? 

• Brohoof 2