Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning Fractured Futures: World Building OOC

GoldieS

Thanks a million for the input @Randimaxis! Much appreciated! 

@Lektra Bolt @Techno Universal @Denim&Venom

Alright then, so Discord has essentially been captured by the infected and hauled off in a not so polite way to their largest concentration in Manehattan? Is everyone okay with that one? Not that anyone can really do anything about that, considering how saturated the eastern coastline is with the infected. 

(Also, I'll try to update the known character's list today)

Edited by GoldieS
  • Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, GoldieS said:

Thanks a million for the input @Randimaxis! Much appreciated! 

@Lektra Bolt @Techno Universal @Denim&Venom

Alright then, so Discord has essentially been captured by the infected and hauled off in a not so polite way to their largest concentration in Manehattan? Is everyone okay with that one? Not that anyone can really do anything about that, considering how saturated the eastern coastline is with the infected. 

(Also, I'll try to update the known character's list today)

I have mixed feelings about Manehattan being the center of infection, since that's where Bolt Solutions originally came from. They did take all their research, but the infected had to have moved in there after the company pulled out, because the infection was in full swing when the company pulled out, and it was the entire cause of the move.

Also that might be too close to Techno for him to be comfortable, so maybe somewhere else would be better. Really beside the point of though 

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

hmm, perhaps you're right... I did originally want my first changeling colony there anyways... Though I can't really think of a more likely place for the largest concentration, since it is supposed to be the biggest (or one of the biggest) cities in Equestria over all. Then again, we don't necessarily have to use just known cities, we could always make more of our own to throw in there. 

Speaking of changelings... my buggy bestiary is coming along swimmingly! Was just never all that good with machine like things so... that's a bit of a challenge... 

Edited by GoldieS
  • Brohoof 1

You could just move his city (mention Techno of course when you decide) and say whoever moved into Manehattan, the changelings or the infected, decided to move in there after the failed kill code on the nanites mutated them and the infection reached it's current from?

Or does that break continuity somewhere?

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

Just move Tronian a little further west then? Probably just north of hollow shades perhaps? Give it a little space away from Manehattan. Just because I imagine the city to be a cold dead wasteland of derelict towers, causeways, and roads filled with infected along with settlers and scavengers on the outskirts trying to survive the madness for a good paycheck. 

I think my changelings will just have to start in the south. Speaking of which, I kind of want to run them by you guys to make sure they're okay in our apocalyptic world. I've changed them up a bit and decided the faction involved in Equestria should embrace their inner insect. Was thinking genetic monstrosities, all about enhancing the biological self though nature and magic (since magic is a more natural thing in Equestrian creatures). Flutters might not like their take on altering animals and the natural self though... 

• Brohoof 1

Eh, not sure if any one is. Just if she does happen to show up I mean. Do you think the idea fits in with this world though? That's the important part, I don't want to mess up what we've got so far, you know?

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, GoldieS said:

Eh, not sure if any one is. Just if she does happen to show up I mean. Do you think the idea fits in with this world though? That's the important part, I don't want to mess up what we've got so far, you know?

We got cyborgs mutants, electrical technology that never existed in the show, and a magical wonderland. All in basically a post apocalypse. I feel Ike NON mutated black changelings would stick out too much now :toldya:

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

Well, alright... perhaps our two factions can join forces and destroy all the others XP well, before mine subjugates yours of course! Mu ha ha ha ha! It's all for the greater good you see... need to protect those ponies from themselves really. 

• Brohoof 1

So with what we have so far in mind, I think I got a few ideas for some RPs. Just some rough ideas though... and I'm not sure exactly who would be involved and in what capacity. (Still have to update the main post thought... I'll get around to that). Doesn't have to be any of these, we could also have a free-roam type RP too. Plus, our world building is still ongoing. 

Tronian Defector

Quest for the Cure

Changeling Incursion

Uniting Equestria

• Brohoof 1

There's usually free roam in most RPs though, the trick is to have things to do for everyone together so we don't stall or someone is the only one writing alone...... 

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

Mm... perhaps you're right... I still don't know how we'll do our RPs. Should we have something like an acting DM or more like everyone controls everything, if that makes sense. I always thought the latter made things way too complicated, and sometimes difficult to work with. That being said, if at all possible I'd like to avoid position as DM (even though I started the darn thing!) I'd be much more interested in playing it than controlling it like usual, but I will if no one else is interested. But that's just the format I'm used to. Thoughts?

• Brohoof 1

A GM led RP tends to depend entirely on you and if there's a party all in one place. With people having their own settings it makes sense that we control our own settings and play out conflicts fairy with each other and you oversee serious stuff that GM has to put their hoof down on.

In other RPs Techno loves to control and 'edit' other players for example, because with his full background being in those and the GM not realizing that's insane to allow, it's all a simulation he created :wacko:

Sorry Techno, no hate for you bud, just gotta use that example :)

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

Ah, okay, I see what you mean. I rather like the master of your own domain kind of approach to it. I suppose the background GM role isn't too bad to take up... Though, where would we start everything out at, or just kind of go with the flow? Not entirely sure how to approach that part of it. 

• Brohoof 1

Wherever you'd like to be? I already have my opener in my head unless things change :)

Denim and I are probably going to go crusading :D

What else do we have left to figure out besides a lack of non city state owning players and how to attract such?

• Brohoof 2

Dang... I would just love to have this turn into a multi-layered RP world with numerous independent Rps going on from random players XD I'll be working on a more thorough set of descriptions to maybe make that a possibility.

Hmm... I'm sure there's quite a bit of stuff we should probably address... but I think for the time being what we have will suffice for the most part. Unless anyone's got any specific questions they'd like to address here and now. 

As for city descriptions and personal characters, we can type up background and descriptions independently, and I can post them in whatever section it fits, or I could try to keep up on the descriptions myself, though no guarantees it'll be quite what you wanted.

Edited by GoldieS
  • Brohoof 1

I know we had a back n fourth on how to incorporate the remane 5. But unless somepony is actually gonna play them, I think it's a moot point to have them involved at all. 

As for locales, either for home bases or sources of the infection? West coast has plenty of cities in Van Hoover, Seaddle and Las Pegasus. There's also the bad lands and the Storm Kingdom. Heck, they could be a faction in of themselves. A military power to the south formed from the ashes of the Storm King's domain. Or perhaps they had a hoof in either sending the nano-plague or mutating it. 

• Brohoof 1

True, we have kinda mostly stayed in the north, but by no means are we restricted there. And yah, there are a few cities on the west coast, already got Los Pegasus covered, and I imagine there will be other major settlements as we travel further south as well. Still want to keep ruins here and there in between as well, but again, we can invent cities here and there as well. 

As for the main six, we don't really need to worry about them and what they're up to at the moment. Just that they are still around, I don't think anyone will be taking them up anywho. Perhaps they'll be plot devices in the future? 

And the Storm King's domain, or at least the remnants of it... you... perhaps sound interested in exploring such a faction? As one of our world founders, you know you want at least one major faction to control!

• Brohoof 1

I might be able to come up with something. Perhaps it's various non-pony races or sub-races forming an alliance who blame the 3 tribes for destroying all life on the continent. Griffons, Dragons, Zebras, Diamond Dogs, Minotaur, Donkeys, Mules, The Hippogriffs, even Thestrals have all been effected by the plague, and pony kind's attempts have just made things worse. 

Or perhaps they just wanted to be left alone, forming their own colony by the sea, only to be forced into the fray by one of the prior groups, and now it's an us or them fight for survival. 

• Brohoof 1

Kind of a hodgepodge of methods, resources, and technological development? Maybe even like raiders, from a certain perspective at least. If nothing else, the harsh conditions of the environment would force them together to some degree I imagine. With the everfree expanse slowly creeping south into the desert, it's only a matter of time before it reaches them too. Maybe not as many infected down south, but the everfree could bring besties that are just as bad, and make the ones already there even worse. 

Was thinking the everfree doesn't necessarily turn the desert into jungle, but has some other adverse effects to it. 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, GoldieS said:

Kind of a hodgepodge of methods, resources, and technological development? Maybe even like raiders, from a certain perspective at least. If nothing else, the harsh conditions of the environment would force them together to some degree I imagine. With the everfree expanse slowly creeping south into the desert, it's only a matter of time before it reaches them too. Maybe not as many infected down south, but the everfree could bring besties that are just as bad, and make the ones already there even worse. 

Was thinking the everfree doesn't necessarily turn the desert into jungle, but has some other adverse effects to it. 

It could. Perhaps it stays literal desert, but instead of hot equatorial, it's now cold polar. Have the whole weather and ecosystem be changed as the everfree rolls in. Heck, with no pegasai, the entire continent's climate is thrown into disarray. Winter is no longer gettign wrapped up and Summer isn't being shut down. Instead of just a nanite plague, an entire series of environmental catastrophes could be plaguing the lands. 

• Brohoof 2

Denim did you wanna run some kind of long freed Storm Lands faction or just developing them for later? Who's running that, just wondering?

As for weather, I assume the city states are the only ones with actual Pegasus weather and the rest are being ravaged by what we humans would consider natural weather

• Brohoof 1

I can definitely latch onto that idea! Hence the reason only the mega cities truly flourish, they're safe and secured from the hazards of the outside. True, settlements dot the wild lands, but it's a harsh existence. Perhaps the Remnants don't have the proper tech or magical knowledge to create the safe zones. Making them all natural in that regard. Guess that means the pirate haven of Lost Pegasus is gonna have a rougher time than I imagined. 

(he he, like Lektra said)

Though, I'd love to see greater ecological disaster than human weather patterns. That's just me though XP like patches of icy sand in the desert mid summer next to swampy quicksand or something. Maybe not that variable, but you get the idea. 

Edited by GoldieS
  • Brohoof 1