Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning Fractured Futures: World Building OOC

GoldieS

6 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

I'd like to not have a definite plan in mind, but I assume everyone has their own agendas, like ours.

Also did you like how I described our military setup on the previous page? Caught up? Sorry forgot mentions

Works fine for me. With such resources, and the cunning of War Master General Luster Bolt,  BSI could quash any resistance. Which makes me concerned that they may be too OP. I mean, who other than Techno or a sudden massive charge off the nano-beasts can stand up to Lektra? It'd be like the mongol empire doing battle with the soviet union. 

Speaking of great empires, what ranks do Lektra and Luster have in the city and in relation to Twi? Yes, Twi is still Princess but Lektra would have to have soem official rank, and Luster would need some form of political designation in addition to her military one.

• Brohoof 3

23 minutes ago, GoldieS said:

He he, more like the astrological sign to you and me... but the changelings see 'reformed changelings' as well... a cancer... they see the reformed ones as phase zero, while there are traditionally four phases of 'evolution', they drop to the bottom. But, they still have a use, so they send their changelings that change to the reformed state to the Equestrian badlands with the others of their kind. 

@GoldieS would you mind if I take control of the remnants??

Wait never mind could I be in control of los Pegasus I have a plan :)

Edited by woodchunks66
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, GoldieS said:

@Denim&Venom

The main point of me starting this thread, was to create a persistent world system that we could pursue multiple RPs within, and have the continuity carry over. Where someone can take the information, and make something of it themselves and continue on. For the world itself, there won't be a defined ending. However, for the various RPs we have, yes they do have definitive ends that change the state of our world. No one has to stick around within it though, it lasts as long as it lasts. 

@Lektra Bolt @woodchunks66

Thorax is still around, though kept alive through different means (you know, main character and all that). I'd like to have him within my Changeling Empire, leader of House Cancer (name work in progress) former House Chrysalis. I believe his city will be in the badlands, though I haven't given it much thought as of yet. 

Wow persistent world we could use as a setting for multiple RPs. Really ambitious and I hope it catches on!

I've done this kind of thing on another forum where about 4 yearly RPs were built in the same world but as it became too hard to follow developments the setting was eventually scrapped. I hope you do a good job keeping it updated with developments

1 hour ago, Denim&Venom said:

Works fine for me. With such resources, and the cunning of War Master General Luster Bolt,  BSI could quash any resistance. Which makes me concerned that they may be too OP. I mean, who other than Techno or a sudden massive charge off the nano-beasts can stand up to Lektra? It'd be like the mongol empire doing battle with the soviet union. 

Speaking of great empires, what ranks do Lektra and Luster have in the city and in relation to Twi? Yes, Twi is still Princess but Lektra would have to have soem official rank, and Luster would need some form of political designation in addition to her military one.

:pinkie: Ooh Luster taking on the company last name. 

Yes I don't feel we're that Op since we're likely to clash with changelings and there will be plenty of surprises from the infected, if that ever gets cured or what have you. There's also ideology conflict with Techno which could lead to fighting, and obviously that guy giving Bolt Solutions a bad name. There's enough fair fights to go around

Ranks? Thoroughly believe Lektra is effectively outside of traditional rank system and might not even be aware of a rank system besides Luster being awesome. She's way too busy with building, research & development, and maintenance while also going out with the troops to bring in more lost souls (sometimes by force and death before they see this is a better life). She's just at the top somewhere, keeping everything running smoothly.

Twilight I feel would be engaging in a lot of magical research and Public Relations to make sure everyone is happy. Friendship is very much magic ^_^

What I wanna know is what Starlight is doing. Anyone?

1 hour ago, GoldieS said:

@Denim&Venom @Lektra Bolt 

Wow now! Hold your britches! The changeling Empire's still a threat now! I gots me some Hexapods, Sprayers, Destroyers, a bunch of things with annihilators at the end of em! You won't be overpowered... not on my watch!!

We are the ZergBorg. Resistance is futile. We will eat your love, both Heterosexual and Homosexual. We will evolve and grow more mutants to realize our ambition. Other races are food, but they can kinda live their lives too.

Oh, and we're still the ZergBorg :wacko:

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 2

@Lektra Bolt So just CEO or Chair-mare Lektra bolt then? Kay.

Okay so I guess the playing field maybe more level, but how should the Storm Lands faction compete? The only thing I can think of on their side would be unconventional tactics and long term strategy. 

• Brohoof 1

Yea basically just owner and leader. A CEO assumes there's a board of trustees.

I assume they kept all the Storm Kings stuff. Maybe this was explored in the comics, but the way he was portrayed in the movie I wondered how the heck he was a competent whatever he is (What is his species? Satyr?) to conquer and subjugate so much. He pretty had just big burly Storm Creature guys and airships

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

@woodchunks66 @Denim&Venom

I'm not sure if Denim wanted to maintain control over the Storm Lands, you'd have to discuss it with them. On another note, perhaps the Remnants can be more of a heavy industry type faction. Not necessarily in a super destroy the ecosystem kind of way, just tech that relies on heavy machinery and thick metals and stuff, if that makes sense. 

@Lektra Bolt 

And how dare you! Zerg, maybe... but Borg!? insult! herumph! There are things I would like to say about your little city state... but I agreed to remain civil... herumph!

• Brohoof 1

@Lektra Bolt

So since Lektra refuses to take any official authority role, Luster would jump on the chance. She would be the Grand Vizier of The Equestrian Kingdom and Military Governess of the city state of New Everfree, second only to the princess, as she's the only one who can officially order her around. Luster only obeys Lektra out of gratitude and respect, but she could choose to disobey at any time in theory, since Lektra has no official authority. 

• Brohoof 1

@Lektra Bolt @Denim&Venom 

No!! Don't do it Lektra! this is the last step to you know what, don't give in! I will forever make fun of your city state as a you know what and liken it to that place that shall not be named! I was kidding at first, but this'll do it! This'll push it over the edge if you make Luster the Grand Vizier!!

• Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, GoldieS said:

@woodchunks66 @Denim&Venom

I'm not sure if Denim wanted to maintain control over the Storm Lands, you'd have to discuss it with them. On another note, perhaps the Remnants can be more of a heavy industry type faction. Not necessarily in a super destroy the ecosystem kind of way, just tech that relies on heavy machinery and thick metals and stuff, if that makes sense. 

@Lektra Bolt 

And how dare you! Zerg, maybe... but Borg!? insult! herumph! There are things I would like to say about your little city state... but I agreed to remain civil... herumph!

Well you already still believe it's a dictatorship, that much you've made clear. :P

There are definitely similarities, but dictatorships are characteristic of forcing their people into service (We don't do this, ours want to because they are treated well and taken care of), starving the people cause of limited resources while keeping them from escaping and even killing or attempting to kill escapees (Not only do our people not want to leave because of the status of living being so high, but all they need to do is ask to leave and they can at any time if they actually feel like doing this silly thing). The only signs of a dictatorship is the way we bring in citizens by force and want peace through a show of force, while having a strong police and military, but again this is all voluntary and everyone understands this

3 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

@Lektra Bolt

So since Lektra refuses to take any official authority role, Luster would jump on the chance. She would be the Grand Vizier of The Equestrian Kingdom and Military Governess of the city state of New Everfree, second only to the princess, as she's the only one who can officially order her around. Luster only obeys Lektra out of gratitude and respect, but she could choose to disobey at any time in theory, since Lektra has no official authority. 

Not necessarily.

She is at the same time active in an authority role while also not. Think of it like as long as everything is running smoothly and the city is doing good, she has no reason to do do anything other than build and work. Unlike leaders who sit on their ass a lot in one place, Lektra takes an active role in multiple affairs of the city by jetting around and running conference calls.

Luster would still be under Lektra, but I would think it's as you say, out of gratitude, mutual love, and respect. Under the official stuff, they can come home and hug while discussing their day and spending time together as a family with two moms

Just now, GoldieS said:

@Lektra Bolt @Denim&Venom 

No!! Don't do it Lektra! this is the last step to you know what, don't give in! I will forever make fun of your city state as a you know what and liken it to that place that shall not be named! I was kidding at first, but this'll do it! This'll push it over the edge if you make Luster the Grand Vizier!!

No idea what you're talking about 

• Brohoof 2

@Lektra Bolt

Giving Luster the power they asked for would literally make Everfree City the again... literal... definition of a dictatorship. I was messing with you at first, it's close, but not exactly. Maybe a civilian dictatorship though... compulsory service or conscription has nothing to do with it, it's all based off of who's in power, and how they go about maintaining that power (voluntary or otherwise). 

Think about it, as it is, the military section dominates as you said 70% of the population. That lifestyle and culture would without a doubt carry over to civilian life if those were the numbers. Plus, you never really mentioned anything about your government system, other than that Lektra's power was maintained with a cult of personality, or as you put it, a living deity. So... that's already an autocracy if nothing else. Are there elections or perhaps a senate of some sort? 

• Brohoof 1

There are no elections. Twilight, Luster, and Lektra are running the show but they handle different parts of their little world together. They specialize but as the creator Lektra has her hoof in everything.

It's a system based on complete trust and family relationship between the three, and the balance would be very much ruined if they were to have a fight.

Lektra created everything and needs to maintain it. She is at the 'top' because she is effectively God if you want to call it that, as she does effectively create and shape the city. That is her role and maybe there's a bit of a theocracy when beings see someone who's making all these things. She has wide reaching influence in everything by necessity and conferences all departments to make sure everyone has their daily routine nice and set while being on hoof to help out at any moment. She is unfortunately living and needs to eat and sleep so she can't be there all the time.

Luster runs the military, but this is also shared with Lektra. They go on crusades together and are often together, commanding the troops together. Luster is very strategic but at times heavy 'handed' (again this phrase has no pony slang version) so mom provides guidance and partnership in these endeavors. Luster has as much freedom as she needs to have to make sure security and order is maintained for the good of the city. Lektra is her therapist I'm sure, as she's constantly learning and growing, prone to mistakes like organics. As a new form of synthetic life she needs to be taught pretty much constantly. Both her moms are needed here, and in other RPs Luster has a bad relationship with Twilight, but I'd like to see what happens this time when it's a close relationship between the three.

Twilight is active in spell research and public relations. Friendship is important and without this 'human element' (can't say this in pony slang sorry) and making sure everyone is happy, there would be friendship problems all over the city. Citizens don't always get along and Twilight helps them work out their differences. This is an important job and only she is good at this, as is her way. She is also very invested in new Magitek, working closely with Lektra at implementation

We good? Is this making sense guys? @Denim&Venom

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm not sure why you and techno are bent on creating these perfect utopias because... well... it's impossible. I highlighted the flaws in his, and I'm highlighting the flaws in yours as well. It doesn't matter what your type of government is called... it shouldn't, since this is just our world that we made to enjoy. I didn't pick my weird changelings because I thought they were perfect... I chose them because I thought they'd be fun to manage. I mean seriously, they're basically nice slavers and horrible supremacists that probably live in a communist society (even though I cant stand the word IRL)... there are so many flaws in them you probably need a whole thread to point them all out. 

But the flaws are what make our creations vulnerable, they're what cause strife and conflict in story telling. They're the crack in the armor, the missing scale on the dragon's belly. You may certainly try to cover it up and hide it, but it will always be there. Plus, I won't allow invincibility in our game, even if it is on a cultural scale. Not even in the far more tame show was their society invincible. 

Does that explain things from my end? I'm not trying to be a troll here. 

Edited by GoldieS
  • Brohoof 1

Invulnerability... not in the literal sense... more figurative, as in you want it to be a perfect society that doesn't crack to anything. Where everyone is perfect and on the same page, and no one disagrees. 

• Brohoof 1

Well that is what I'm going for I guess, but there's going to be fragility because Luster is a bit more aggressive than Lektra who see's the overall big picture of what they are all trying to accomplish with the city's plans for the world.

Peace is the goal. Not everyone will yield to the methods unfortunately, no matter how much they are promised an improved life.

I really need input and communication with Denim both IC and OOC. The IC is going I've hard because RP is a turn based medium as opposed a real time story

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

I guess a better explanation of what I'm trying to get across is this: I want you to think of every citizen in this game as an individual, rather than a faceless number or npc that has a pre-programmed path, even those under your control. Different needs, different expectations, different goals and desires that sort of thing. Some might agree with Luster's methods while others might disagree. What would happen if the city found out Luster was doing the things they say they're planning on doing? Would they blindly follow lektra because she's the face, or would they stick by their principles and follow Luster? What if some want to give aid to another city, while others think they don't deserve it? What if some think Lektra isn't doing enough to actually get rid of the infected, and what if others don't want to be cramped in a city for the rest of their lives, but want a stable life outside?

• Brohoof 1

Anyone who disagrees could leave and likely already has. They are not being imprisoned. Those that stay are there because they want to be there of their own volition and believe in the world that's being built. They enjoy safety, convenience, and peace of mind.

Disagreements while not wanting to leave are fielded to the Princess of Friendship to bring up, and the three discuss then the answer is given to the one who posed it, or the city is improved because it. Twilight is a bit shell shocked but it's highly likely she would do it this way. Either way the one who is brought it up is told the outcome, and they could ask for more time to appeal or they could leave the city if they feel strongly enough

The residents believe in the cause. They stay and contribute to the cause, like the way AJ explained in the one alternative present Twilight visited. Different from that alternate world, the ones that aren't scheduled for service that month enjoy carefree lives of whatever they feel like

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

okay, okay, makes sense I suppose... but what if I don't want to leave? What if I lived in the city my whole life, I entered into the legions to defend against the hordes, went out and made sacrifices, saw my allies die, and I see Lektra telling Luster that all they're doing is wrong. I think it's not right, and I bring it up to everyone. I say I agree with Luster, not Lektra, because I followed Luster into battle on numerous occasions. In fact, 70% of the population sees Luster as a hero, someone they know and can look up to as a protector of peace. I've never seen Lektra before... I think she built a building or something... 

I can't leave... I wont' survive out there... but I can't just let this stand... what can I do? 

8 hours ago, GoldieS said:

@Techno Universal @Lektra Bolt

Okay, okay, so Troneon is essentially mostly static defense, while New Everfree sounds like it has a thick elastic defense with some static. New Everfree is sounding more and more like a military dictatorship than anything else... not that I mind of course! Also, everyone feel free to take a look at your city on the first page to make sure I got things right. I'll add a military section for your respective cities as well. 

also...

On the subject of guns and shields, what exactly will our stances be on those? Will projectile weapons be a common thing or are they more rare, or what's everyone's thought on that? Personally I was going to use flamethrower like abilities and beam type magical projection (like Lektra's towers). Thoughts?

Well I was thinking that Troneon would have a 25 meter tall wall around the city but there would also be an energy shield around the city just like the shield around Canterlot. Though the shield would be electricity generated by emitters that are on the wall and the top of the tallest building in the city. Basically the tallest building in the city is perfectly in the centre of the circular shaped city area and the antenna on top of it is a shield generator. Plus Techno's control room would be in the top of the tallest building and that's where Techno would be 95% of the time. Now in the city there would be automated plasma gun turrets everywhere and some of those turrets would be extremely high powered lasers. The lasers would be powerful enough to instantly incinerate anything in the beam and the lasor turrets would only be along the exterior walls of the city as otherwise they would do damage to the city itself if they were used inside the city. :)

6 minutes ago, GoldieS said:

okay, okay, makes sense I suppose... but what if I don't want to leave? What if I lived in the city my whole life, I entered into the legions to defend against the hordes, went out and made sacrifices, saw my allies die, and I see Lektra telling Luster that all they're doing is wrong. I think it's not right, and I bring it up to everyone. I say I agree with Luster, not Lektra, because I followed Luster into battle on numerous occasions. In fact, 70% of the population sees Luster as a hero, someone they know and can look up to as a protector of peace. I've never seen Lektra before... I think she built a building or something... 

I can't leave... I wont' survive out there... but I can't just let this stand... what can I do? 

Well first of all Lektra is going out alongside the troops and acting together, so anyone who's with Luster has seen Lektra that way. When not outside everyone in the city sees Lektra flying around building and repairing when not out with her daughter.

Your other stuff is now moot :P

There's a lot of transparency :)

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1