Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning Fractured Futures: World Building OOC

GoldieS

Well what do we have for major factions thus far?

• Bolt Solutions Incorporated
  • Changeling Kingdom
  • Troneon
  • Non-aligned raiders and settlements (?)
  • Nanotech horde (?)

There isn't a whole lot, so yeah, we may need a storm lands faction to pad things out. 

• Brohoof 2

ah ehem *Changeling Empire* I'll have you know! We have two more major city states on the first page. The pirate city of Lost Pegasus will essentially be the raider faction. New Hayseed is an independent city state as well. 

But yah, basically that sounds about right. 

Think I'm going to try and focus on making a comprehensive description tomorrow, better than what we got on the first page >.< but you seem like the perfect fit for a Storm Lands faction, a realm destroyed and fractured, but still united in their hatred for those who caused this destruction. 

• Brohoof 1

That last city in the first post is a placeholder though, right? :blink:

Magitek isn't so easily copied or stolen. The technique is a trade secret and employees are sworn to take it to their grave. Imitated by other enchanting practitioners sure, pawned off as knock offs sure, but the actual process of making the actual enchanted objects called Magitek is and remains a trade secret known only to employees. Not every enchanted object in a magical world is done the same way by different enchanters, but to qualify as what's called Magitek by Bolt Solutions it has to had been done by an actual employee.

So either that guy is a former employee who has evaded getting brutally but not descriptively murdered all this time and I know where Denim and I are going first, or his entire thing is that competitor trying to pass off bootleg as the real thing

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 2

Hey now, it's the real deal! How dare you say his work is an 'ehem' knockoff! In fact, it's better than that dull Bolt Solution's work! Psch, Bolt Solutions... doesn't even treat there employees with respect! That stupid Lektra tacking ALL the credit for everything... psch...

I was wondering how long it would take for you guys to mention something about that one XD

Edited by GoldieS
  • Brohoof 1

Wait now, uhm, which tech in particular are we referring to? The cloning process or the temporal field? Cus... the temporal field is rather unique to Bolt Solutions... 

Well, actually, that liar Lektra seems to think she's the one that created it, but It was really Smaragdus... that's okay, he's rather forgiving if she's willing to relinquish her rights to the arcane formulas related to it and stops using it. If she's polite enough, he'll even help maintain her private one! For a fee of course... :sneer:

Edited by GoldieS
  • Brohoof 1

This guy is hilarious (for a soon to be corpse). It's almost sad, comically, that he continues to think his bootleg is actually authentic and he has any claim to anything. All he would need to do is sign some forms that he's been a liar this whole time, and he will be referred to the legal team. A white metallic Unicorn who's not actually living in the traditional sense of the word. The legal team will be handling his body from then on.

Oh wait he wants to not be just a body and hopes the forms will keep him from that fate? Well uh, I still refer him to my legal team @Denim&Venom to decide

• Brohoof 1

hmph! Well now, I never! They'll have to get past his army of Dave's first... do I smell a quest coming? Maybe he can teach that lout Lektra how to accept a little bit of humility! 

• Brohoof 1

Well I did say we were going on a crusade with our magical weapons of all kinds. Mass destruction. Fun

:pinkie::pinkie::pinkie::pinkie::pinkie::pinkie::pinkie::pinkie::pinkie::pinkie:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves planning on the first conflict, ok? 

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

He doesn't have the well developed infrastructure or forces of clones to do that. I don't condone player killing but someone who actually insists he doesn't bootleg while clearly actually doing it is in for hell.

What else is there to do when someone is practicing a fake Magitek insisting it's real when it's his own thing and refuses to join? Join back when he was an employee at one point, or disavow being an authentic practitioner.

I mean enchanting isn't unique to Bolt Solutions. The specific method that makes an enchanted object Magitek as opposed to 'enchanted object number 9' is what's being disputed.

Does join or die have a gray area for players? Serious question is actually serious cause player killing is usually bad and we all know it :icwudt:

• Brohoof 1

Oh! I apologize, he wasn't going to do the destruction and all that. That would come later from a different source. Know what I mean?

But yes, he was indeed an employee at one point and uses his knowledge and work from the past to continue on now, rendering his services to the more... sinister characters of the wilds. Make no mistake, he stole it from Bolt Solutions when he worked there before the plague. He refuses to acknowledge it as their creation, claiming it as his own. 

Perhaps you need added incentive to hate him? He's been using his Dave clones to go around spreading rumors that Bolt Solutions is responsible for the plague and it's current form. It was all a ploy for them so they could control society. As proof, he points to the entire city they control, and the 'killers' they send out to haul innocent villagers back to serve the company. 

Edited by GoldieS
  • Brohoof 1

Right, different source. Ok we'll file that in the 'discuss when it comes up as relevant in the future' folder then. 

It's very clear this will be the first conflict once the RP starts and it's not going to end well for a confirmed defector with evil intent who refuses to disavow.

I only have one question for continuity purposes: How has this guy been operating so long without already having his operation made into a deep crater long ago by the very same innocent villagers who made the right choice and have been enjoying the good life while occasionally going into service willingly?

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

Recent development. Ok I buy this :)

--

And maintaining his age? The Temporal field spell is completely unique to Lektra and no one else can cast it, cause it's how I keep her alive in future RPs. It had required prior authorization from Celestia to look through the Canter Archives Time Spells in the Star Swirl the Bearded Wing. The spell was discovered in a scroll so old that it literally fell apart the first time it as reopened and only by how fast she reads was Lektra able to read it. Making the required Directive Spell (magical programming) for Magitek to create the field was hard enough the first time, and with the reagents necessary being hard to find, there are no other practitioners.

The guy could just had been occasionally cloning himself and having the older teach the younger, then the younger taking his place. So he's basically like #28 or something. If he invented anything it's cloning, and I'll concur Bolt Solutions still hasn't cracked that.

I saw this in a movie in the 90s where humans stopped reproducing by regular means and just placed clones of previous people inside women because they had been rendered unable to have babies by some cataclysm. Over the years some got this back in mutations and had been reproducing the normal way but it was kept secret.

I forgot be name of the movie sorry

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

Oh! Of course, you didn't need to go through all that explanation and stuff for that... certainly. I change up Smog's description and stuff to something a bit different anywho. Still going to make it a situation where you and Denim's character want to hate him, but might change it up when the actual RP happens. I'll change the description when I do the big description update tomorrow. That okay?

• Brohoof 1

Thanks! I like to justify it in world and where the origin comes from, so other players don't go thinking it was pulled out of the hindquarters. :ooh:

See this is a plot device used to justify Lektra not being dead in future time line RPs where otherwise the character would need a severe rewrite or wouldn't be able to exist otherwise, making the writer sad at not being able to join that RP :)

--

BTW just to make it clear Smaragdus is not in trouble for simply being an enchanter who got canned by the company. He's in trouble for continuing to use the techniques he swore to take to his grave. Breach of contract basically. He broke the contract, tries to profit from this knowledge, and is also trying to discredit the actual rightful owner by claiming it's his or disillusioning himself into thinking it is.

This is like someone working for a game company, leaving them or being fired, keeping a copy of the game code for themselves, and then releasing the game that they were working on in an unofficial capacity with the same name, then continuing to use the same techniques to make sequels. This is a standard breach of contract. When an employee leaves a company or a student leaves a school who's labs and materials they were using, the sponsor keeps rights to whatever was being worked on. This is why Monolith Soft couldn't make more Xenogears games when they left SquareSoft and were acquired by Namco-Bandai, and why they also cannot make anymore Xenosaga games since they got bought by Nintendo. The parent companies own the rights and original code to it, and these employees aren't allowed to continue working on the project. If they did the company is allowed to sue them for all they're woth.

Since ponies don't have a system of courts like humans do, and even if they did and a court in New Everfree found Smaragdus guilty of of this he wouldn't relent cause he's clearly that into it that he wouldn't stop practicing the technique or trying to use the name, the only way to make him take the knowledge go his grave is to actually take him to his grave with that knowledge. Very literally ;)

Oh this'll be fun

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

And I'm home from school! Anyways Troneon would have a very futuristic appearance as everything in the city would be made out of a navy blue metal and all the buildings and structures would be covered in blue glowing cercit patterns plus the automated machines and bots are no exception to this appearance styling. Plus I was thinking that Troneon would be a big target for survivors and other communities because of how rich they are on resources. So really break in attempts would occur in the city on a daily basis and the survivors that are trying to break in are usually captured and evaluated. If they see that a survivor would be extremely useful to the development of the city like they are a natural top engineer then that survivor would be granted citizenship on the condition that everything they do is closely observed and they are willing to contribute in the development of Troneon. Though otherwise the captured survivors would be ejected from the city and warned about being killed if they return. So really all survivors that come back a second time would end up getting killed. :)

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Techno Universal said:

navy blue metal

I believe the word you're looking for is 'made out of chrome' which if you're going to have such a city that looks like it's from the human future it has to be chrome, because everything is chrome in the future

9 minutes ago, Techno Universal said:

So really all survivors that come back a second time would end up getting killed

Great way to get them to go to other cities :)

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

I believe the word you're looking for is 'made out of chrome' which if you're going to have such a city that looks like it's from the human future it has to be chrome, because everything is chrome in the future

Great way to get them to go to other cities :)

Yeah basically you could say that everything in the city would look like it's made of chrome. Anyways the justice system I mentioned there for keeping survivors out would also really discourage them from returning as they seriously would get themselves incinerated by automated plasma turrets if they returned. :)

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, Techno Universal said:

Yeah basically you could say that everything in the city would look like it's made of chrome. Anyways the justice system I mentioned there for keeping survivors out would also really discourage them from returning as they seriously would get themselves incinerated by automated plasma turrets if they returned. :)

Right, so you're turning away perfectly good potential residents just because they have nothing to contribute and would just like to have a place to live. Like I said that's a great way to make them go to other cities :D

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

16 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Right, so you're turning away perfectly good potential residents just because they have nothing to contribute and would just like to have a place to live. Like I said that's a great way to make them go to other cities :D

Well really it's also because that even though Troneon is around the size of Manehatten it's getting very highly populated and there simply wouldn't be room for the survivors in the city unless they are actually of high value in terms of their innovative consepts and intelligence. :)

• Brohoof 2

13 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

He's in trouble for continuing to use the techniques he swore to take to his grave

@Lektra Bolt

Don't worry, I fully understand, that's what I was going for initially.

@Lektra Bolt @Techno Universal

Hey, it's understandable. Overcrowding is defiantly an issue when you think about it. I imagine with their policy, New Everfree would have those issues from time to time as well. Even if they expanded regularly. Maybe not necessarily an issue with a lack of housing or food, but more a clash of values and culture. Ah, but that's getting too much into it... perhaps something to explore in an RP. 

Anyways, forget immigration policy for now, I kind of want to know about your guys' city's defensive infrastructure, police, and military forces. You know, just so I know what we're working with. 

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, GoldieS said:

@Lektra Bolt

Don't worry, I fully understand, that's what I was going for initially.

@Lektra Bolt @Techno Universal

Hey, it's understandable. Overcrowding is defiantly an issue when you think about it. I imagine with their policy, New Everfree would have those issues from time to time as well. Even if they expanded regularly. Maybe not necessarily an issue with a lack of housing or food, but more a clash of values and culture. Ah, but that's getting too much into it... perhaps something to explore in an RP. 

Anyways, forget immigration policy for now, I kind of want to know about your guys' city's defensive infrastructure, police, and military forces. You know, just so I know what we're working with. 

Well in Troneon it would have a completely automated security system and there would be bots and turrets that are armed with deadly plasma wepons all around the place. So the military force would be made up of 100% robotic ponies but it would be controlled by the computer systems in the city. But still everything can be manually overridden and controlled by Techno at any time he needs. :) 

• Brohoof 1