Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I see what they did there

Ezio Auditore

Holy crap. How does one math?

No really that is insane. What propelled you to even do maths in that stituation? Well done though.

Well I'm actually preparing for my math final in a few weeks and so to make studying more fun I try to calculate things that are more interesting than just shapes. For instance last year I calculated the area of the map on Assassins creed brotherhood by running the perimeter as Ezio. and like i said I'm probably not the first to find this out =p

To be quite honest I'm terrible at math XD

So I was thinking about the end of season 2 and how RD did a rainboom in a very short time. Well I thought I'd check something out. Now Follow me on this.

The first time RD did the rainboom it took her 12 seconds (and some guy on the interwebs calculated that) she'd be going 1635.1 m/s

So in the finale it took her 2 seconds meaning she'd be going (roughly) 1962 m/s

so in conclusion

12 seconds - 2 seconds = 10 seconds

1635 + 327= 1962 (327 is 20% of 1635)

So RD literally got 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat.

post-3827-0-71842600-1337544562.jpg

I love the show's hidden jokes :3

(edited)

*Reads first post* :blink:

... :wacko:

... :o

...woah...

Posted Image

You know what else just got 20% cooler? You sir, Ezio Auditore, you just got 20% cooler. B)

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Wait, what? No, Sonic Rainboom requires roughly 1635.1 m/s and that's the speed she acquired in 2 (not 10) seconds instead of 12. Her acceleration became 500% cooler (6 times cooler), but the speed remains the same (just like the velocity needed for sonic boom doesn't change with your acceleration). Sorry everypony, no +20% here, at all.

Edited by Sne

But this is not math, this is more like wizardry.

When t=12→t'=2:

Path' is 6 times shorter (84% decrease),

Final velocity' is the same,

Acceleration' is 6 times bigger (500% increase).

Only when t=10 s the acceleration'' is 1.2 times bigger (20% increase), but the time is not 10 s! The difference is 10 s, which you used as the time for Dashie to get cooler, but where did you get that 20% higher velocity? It doesn't make any sense.

• Brohoof 1

Wait, what? No, Sonic Rainboom requires roughly 1635.1 m/s and that's the speed she acquired in 2 (not 10) seconds instead of 12. Her acceleration became 500% cooler (6 times cooler), but the speed remains the same (just like the velocity needed for sonic boom doesn't change with your acceleration). Sorry everypony, no +20% here, at all.

I got these figures from the wide world of the internet, so yes they very well could be wrong.

(edited)

I believe we have a genius here.

Haha I appreciate it but In all honesty I'm pretty terrible at math. I got these figures from the internet and found the 20% thing myself. Keep in mind that I could be wrong too =(.

Edited by Ezio Auditore

(edited)

The figures are correct, 1635 m/s final velocity got from the sonic rainboom cone angle, 12 seconds and 2 seconds the acceleration times (measured myself), but what I'm trying to say, and I kind of feel weird about being the only pony to do so, there is no 20% anywhere in this.

Her speed didn't increase. Just acceleration - and by 500%, not 20%. Really, I feel like Pinkie Pie talking about parasprites :S and since I don't really have any musical instruments nor skills I give up before my mane deflates and I start talking with turnips :(

Edited by Sne

(edited)

The figures are correct, 1635 m/s final velocity got from the sonic rainboom cone angle, 12 seconds and 2 seconds the acceleration times (measured myself), but what I'm trying to say, and I kind of feel weird about being the only pony to do so, there is no 20% anywhere in this.

Her speed didn't increase. Just acceleration - and by 500%, not 20%. Really, I feel like Pinkie Pie talking about parasprites :S and since I don't really have any musical instruments nor skills I give up before my mane deflates and I start talking with turnips :(

No don't worry I see what you're saying here. I'm trying to re-do this and figure out how I came to the 20% conclusion.

You see I'm pretty sure the second figure I got from the internet the 1901 from her second rainboom is wrong so I'm going to try to find what her real speed was.

I'm thinking someone else on the internet wanted the 20% thing to work so they made these figures in general.

Thank-you though I see my errors now ^.^

Edited by Ezio Auditore

Oh... so the turnips are safe?

I think you might have simply got 1/5 (20%) instead of 5/1 (500%) for some reason, the rest is irrelevant... happens, I guess.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Another example:

Why are there such stringent limitations on the sale of Cider for Ponyville in The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000?

Cider can only be sold by how much is made in a given day: the freshest of the first ripe apples are used for cider, and cider either goes bad within a few days or begins to ferment into an alcoholic beverage, which makes the prime "season" of cider only a few days long.

The show makers seemed to have taken this into account when writing the episode- they did their homework.

Edited by Blue
  • Brohoof 1