Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would you do if your favorite pony's cutie mark became a swastika?

KillerKingBakudan

You take your favorite pony to the beach to go swimming. She goes in the water for less than a minute, but then she comes out and says she's not feeling well. She passes out, and that's when you notice her cutie mark appears to be washing itself away like a stick-on tattoo. Only it doesn't leave her flank totally blank; her cutie mark's somehow just been replaced by a swastika. Yes, the Nazi one, not the original Buddhist one.

This is particularly scary because the other ponies that swam in the water seem unaffected, yet SHE's the only one feeling sick with a mark that's totally disgraceful, and you can't pinpoint the cause. Fortunately, no one in Equestria has any idea what historical significance this symbol has for humans. But at the same time, you're afraid that as soon as she's been nursed back to health, your favorite pony will feel compelled to do some sick, twisted shit to everyone around her.

It's quite possible that if you explain what the swastika really means to other ponies, they'll take extreme measures to keep her in check, including indefinite prison time. What do you do?

Names and symbols can indeed have strong connotations attached to them, and it is all to easy to measure a person (or pony) by such things, but ultimately it is a person's actions that define them.  Don't forget that Oskar Schindler was a member of the Nazi party and wore that very symbol.

• Brohoof 3

What an incredibly stupid and pointless discussion to be having. Why are we even wondering about something like this?

Gee, I wonder who inspired this discussion.

Image result for aryanne mlp

In all seriousness though, I'd wait and see what her actions were. She could become a genocidal supremacist w/ delusions of grandeur. Or it could mean more of an extreme devotion to ones country or culture. Many who fought for the reich didn't care about eradicating minorities and conquering the world. They just wanted Germany brought back to prominence after what many felt was an undeserved loss. 

Regardless, if her CM got changed to a swastika, then it can be changed back to it's more positive incarnation. Just like the real Germany. 

• Brohoof 2

I don’t have a favorite pony soo if any if them bears a swastika I would kill it immediately, but somehow remain cautious.

Who knows it might be a Manji Symbol which is different from a Swastika? If its not a Manji and is REALLY a Swastika... take the pony to let him/her stare at the sunset at the edge of a cliff, shoot him/her in the back of the head, while dumping his/her carcass down the cliff.

I saved Equestria, the Universe, The Multiverse, and The Omniverse, from Hitler’s Favorite Pony.

The swastika was originally a Buddhist symbol for ascending to a higher state of being, a concept widely spoken of across the Buddhist faith IN REFERENCE TO THE SPIRIT! Hitler made it into a physical, mundane applicant, and interpreted it as a symbol of making our physical bodies better. WHICH IS SCREWED UP! I'm sorry but him using that symbol in such a matter is a disgrace. Im not Buddhist, but he made a beautiful symbol of spirituality into a selfish, mundane one, and I think everypony should remember the symbol in its INITIAL MEANING rather than remember that AWEFUL TIME IN HISTORY!

But as to what I'd do if it became Fluttershy's cutie mark, I'd personally be intrigued by what would become of her. I'd just sit back and watch, only stepping in if anypony tries to hurt her because of it

Depends on what you mean by "favorite pony" 

If Twilight had the swastika cutie mark, I wouldn't really care... she'd still be my waifu,

If @King of Canterlot had the swastika cutie mark, I'd be supprised (after all as far as I can tell he's a communist) ,

If Rainbow DAsh (BTW @King of Canterlot... don't worry, she isn't my waifu... I'd just want to be friends with her if I met her... ok, we cool?) had the swastika cutie mark, I'd be just as shoocked (after all though the princesses claim to be monarchs but society in Equestria looks pretty communist to me (a paradise of equality  oops... the us will kill me)).

I'd consult a hippologist. Or a more helpful option would be to ask Starlight, Twilight, Starswirl, and Zecora to try to find a solution.

Edited by Wannabe Bronylicious
  • Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Gee, I wonder who inspired this discussion.

Image result for aryanne mlp

In all seriousness though, I'd wait and see what her actions were. She could become a genocidal supremacist w/ delusions of grandeur. Or it could mean more of an extreme devotion to ones country or culture. Many who fought for the reich didn't care about eradicating minorities and conquering the world. They just wanted Germany brought back to prominence after what many felt was an undeserved loss. 

Regardless, if her CM got changed to a swastika, then it can be changed back to it's more positive incarnation. Just like the real Germany. 

I was thinking the same thing, too

• Brohoof 2

As this is a topic we tend to discourage I will be locking this. Topics like this generally don't end well.

• Brohoof 6

• The topic was locked