Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tempest Shadow 3D Printed Custom

Moonfire Dusk

Damn, that's neat!

Was the surface as rough and grainy before you painted it? I mean, if nail polish did that, maybe in the future you could replace it with paint and varnish used in scale models and minatures?

But as said, looking awesome!

4 minutes ago, Divine plywood said:

Damn, that's neat!

Was the surface as rough and grainy before you painted it? I mean, if nail polish did that, maybe in the future you could replace it with paint and varnish used in scale models and minatures?

But as said, looking awesome!

The surface was already like that. Unfortunately anything 3d printed has layers and those are almost always visible, especially when using a extrusion printer. And thanks!

• Brohoof 1

There are a ton of good quality printers out there for under  150 USD but they are diy, and do research on a few before choosing one

Just now, Rhythm Red said:

That's cool! I wish I had a 3d printer. I'd be making ponies for days!:P

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Moonlight Dusk said:

There are a ton of good quality printers out there for under  150 USD but they are diy, and do research on a few before choosing one

Thanks! May have to look into one.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, cuteycindyhoney said:

That looks very good. If you don't mind me asking, how big is the finished figure? There's nothing to gauge the scale from in the pictures. 

She is about 5.5 inches or 14 cm tall

Just now, cuteycindyhoney said:

Thanks. You did a great job!  Now I'm thinking about 3D printing myself. I'll have to read up on it.

(I don't know anything about the subject!)

There are a few great 3d printing yt channels out there check out makers muse and RClifeon for some great reviews tips and tricks

Be careful about using nail polish as too much exposure causes awful week long headaches try acrylic paint instead or if you want a shiny finished model paint works too