Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Heroes of old (reboot)

Scare Effect

ooc

In a forest next to a large lake was a small orchard underneath the largest tree sat a pink earth pony with a neon blue mane. Lost in thought was Live Wire who stared at the lake thinking how to find a way to the island in the middle.

The Masked king sat on his throne of bones his cloak, his glowing eyes seemed to stare at a small group of soldiers all injured, all his own soldiers. "Who did this to you?: He demanded.

"A-a hero did this my lord," one spoke up and as he did so all of the injured soldiers were vaporized.

"So it seems that the first strike has fell and the game has begun."

Edited by Scare Effect

@Scare Effect A unicorn stallion was nearby, idly magicking up lumps of rainbow taffy from nowhere and piling them up in front of him. He side eyed the earth pony, and dropped a piece of the taffy in front of him. "Chill out," he said with a smirk.

~~~

A unicorn mare stood next to the throne, her red eyes staring at the place where the soldiers had been. She shrugged; such refuse was expendable, but they would have to take steps to make sure it never happened again.

@Scare Effect
Shadow sat in a tree and had his scaly bottle in his claw. He heard a bunch of rumors and hopped down and walked up towards the lake with his scythe on his shoulder. He noticed a pony sitting there underneath the tree. He said as he leaned next to her, "Hey, what are ya doing?"

@reader8363 @Pripyat Pony

Live Wire looked at the strange looking pony with a smile that seemed a little off putting. "heya stranger I ain't doing much just trying to figure the best way to get to that island in the middle of the lake," She answered cheerfully

The king looked at his second in command. "Jinx I need you to make the preparations for war, seems we have a few heroes to eliminate," He said to the red eyed unicorn.

@reader8363@Pripyat Pony

"Literally but maybe figuratively," Live Wire answered her gaze falling upon a strange looking unicorn stallion who made a pile of taffy which confused the earth pony mare greatly. "well hey stranger why are you making so much taffy?"

The Masked king looked at his second in command who remained silent.

@Scare Effect "My lord," Jinx replied, "My will is to obey you. I was just mentally checking our resources. It is apparent that just sending out the rank and file will not do. They are unworthy."

~~~

The unicorn stallion, Diego, grinned. "Why not?" he replied, laughing. "Who doesn't like taffy?" He then formed the pile of taffy into a serviceable raft. "Now you can cross... and afterwards, you can eat it!"

@reader8363 "If I want it to work, it will!" Diego replied, grinning manically. "That's my talent, I'll have you know. The magic of chaos."

He shrugged and added a few finishing touches to the raft. "I could change it into another material, if you prefer," he added. "Any suggestions?"

@reader8363 @Pripyat Pony

"That will work," Live wire exclaimed excitedly hopping up from the ground and walked towards the taffy boat then she turned to the others. "you two are exactly the ones I have been waiting for,"

"I guess your right," The king said with a sigh. "What do you suggest Jinx?"

@reader8363@Pripyat Pony

Live Wire smile at the two stallions before explaining, "Well I was told to expect two strangers near the lake in a dream I had last night," She explained to the two strangers with a smile.

"That is a good suggestion,"  The king commented. "however we don't know who this hero is, so I suggest we find out who said hero is."

@Scare Effect @Pripyat Pony
Shadow walked over the tree and ripped his scythe out of it, then he said as he tossed into a portal, "Are you sure that it's good to go with a dream, I mean it could be a sign, but also could be a trap as well." He looked at the island in the lake and said, "Also, why exactly do you want to go to the island?

Diego smirked. "Well, we're not really strangers any more, but I'll go with it," he said. "My name's Diego, I'm kinda infamous round my neck of the woods."

~~~

"Of course, my Lord," Jinx replied. "I do have an idea to fix two problems at once. The cells are full to bursting with ponies who refuse to serve you, either as slaves to work the fields or in your army. I am working on a spell that will fix these miscreants once and for all. The ponies who are fit enough to fight; arrange their executions but don't leave a mark. The others, the old, the too young, the sickly; let them watch. After the executions are carried out, I will perform a spell which will raise the dead as Inferi, as the animated dead. They will have an advantage over the living in that, being already dead, they would not be able to be killed and would not tire. Also, after witnessing this, the other prisoners will, I'm sure, agree to be slaves rather than suffer the same fate."

• 2 weeks later...

@reader8363, @Pripyat Pony

Live wire looked at Diego with a smile. "The names Live Wire nice to meet you," She said before looking at the strange looking pony. "And I have heard that there may be treasure on that little island," She explained with a smile.

The king smiled at this suggestion it sounded like a very evil plan abd he loved it. "Well then enforce this new idea as soon as possible."

Shadow sighed a bit and said as he took his jacket off and stretched out his metal wings, "Guess I should say my name as well. Name's Shadow Beast, it's a pleasure to meet you both." He walked over to the water and started walking over the water while using his shadow as a float.