Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How can I have an EQG waifu without being a creep?

SSBBFan4

So for some time, I've had the EQG characters as waifus(not anything too serious, just for like some fun, which is all) and I've done since I was a 12th grader. However, I am in second year college now and it's come to my attention that the girls may be juniors and as a second year college student, I don't want to feel creepy having the characters as waifus, even if they are fictional. I was wondering, how can I still have them as waifus without being a creep?

Simple: 

1-Don't give a shit >_>

2-Don't tell anyone, they love giving a shit on problems it ain't 'ems  >_>. They'll call you creep, judge you, maybe even report you to the cops just for such a small thing. Who needs that :scoots: ?

3-Still creeped? Just imagine, or pretend they've aged up :icwudt:. For realz, the ambiguous age the art gives them is a blessing in this case :D 

Just do like derpibooru and fimfiction sites: they forbid underage human or anthro characters in any nudity (derpibooru), or sexual involvement (fimfiction), but seems EG is fair game as long as there's not a big neon light somewhere that says they are under 18 :dash: 

Edited by Steve Piranha

1 hour ago, KillerKingBakudan said:

This is the THIRD person I've seen making threads about these characters being their waifus. What the fuck is happening here? Are you people TRYING to make this fandom look bad?

Well, at least he's asking for the sake of his conscience instead of those possessive "this is my waifu only, don't look at her" :dash:. Besides, this is hardly the first fandom with waifus :D 

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

Well, at least he's asking for the sake of his conscience instead of those possessive "this is my waifu only, don't look at her" :dash:. Besides, this is hardly the first fandom with waifus :D 

I think having a Waifu only becomes an issue when the person can no longer seperate fiction from reality. 

Show yourself as you are, or not at all. There's no point in giving a false image, or hiding behind appearances.

The only reason why this is weird or creepy is because you're labeling it as such. It's just a perception of judgment, if you are so insecure as to judge yourself, then don't expect anything different from your environment, friends, teachers, or even your dear grandma Sally.

10 hours ago, KillerKingBakudan said:

This is the THIRD person I've seen making threads about these characters being their waifus. What the fuck is happening here? Are you people TRYING to make this fandom look bad?

To be fair it's better that someone asks questions like these rather than feel like they're being judged and be afraid to come to public with these concerns. It's easy to be attached to characters; whether fictional than not, and it's good to see that people try to find boundaries on what is and isn't acceptable.

• Brohoof 2

20 hours ago, PathfinderCS said:

To be fair it's better that someone asks questions like these rather than feel like they're being judged and be afraid to come to public with these concerns. It's easy to be attached to characters; whether fictional than not, and it's good to see that people try to find boundaries on what is and isn't acceptable.

Agreed. This question is actually far more nuanced than, "Is it creepy to have a waifu?" There is a sense of conflict based around the OP's values about what is and isn't appropriate, so it opens the door to a little cognitive dissonance. 

On 2/19/2018 at 7:24 PM, Kyoshi said:

Simple solution: Through the magic of fan fiction, write them as 18 years old or older. 

@SSBBFan4, that advice from Kyoshi is your best solution in general. Some fans imagine younger fictional crushes as aging with them as it makes it feel more comfortable. 

Since for whatever reason I don't think they'd be as attractive at 21 as at 16–17, I imagine myself as still being a teenager when interacting with them. Their not being real means I can do that.

• 2 years later...

I've changed my position on this I'm going to headcanon them as 18. This still fits with what we see of them, other people have headcanoned the same, and their creator even liked the idea: 

Untitled.png

Edited by squee333

What do you mean that you feel creepy having a “waifu”? It’s creepy by definition and has nothing to do with any kind of morality by default.

You know what? They are all 80 years old elderly ladies. They look young because of the power of magic. There.

Edited by Sepul-Coloratura