Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

EEA Reformation?

Karnak

Let's just say Neighsay in the end loses everything, his job, his dignity and freedom(he is sent to Tartarus for life. That is, if he does something that overstep s his authority and endangers lives.)

Who should replace him as Chancellor? The pony or creature who takes his position will have the power to dictat the education in Equestria. 

It would be funny if..

Spoiler

A reformed Tierk or even Discord became Chancellor. Discord does seem to want to run a school. 

• Brohoof 1

11 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

I think there's a chance for EEA's reformation, but I don't think it's necessarily because Neighsay steps down, as I don't think he'll be the antagonist 

Why not? Isn't it time a pony villain, remained bad?

31 minutes ago, Karnak said:

Why not? Isn't it time a pony villain, remained bad?

I meant that he won't be necessarily THE antagonist, but I suspect the real antagonist belongs in the EEA as well 

14 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

I meant that he won't be necessarily THE antagonist, but I suspect the real antagonist belongs in the EEA as well 

That makes sense. I do feel that it's more than just the whole xenophobia of the m, it's that they seem to put ponies in a box, pegasi must be this or Earth ponies must be that. It needs a massive reformation.

On 4/13/2018 at 12:44 AM, Karnak said:

That makes sense. I do feel that it's more than just the whole xenophobia of the m, it's that they seem to put ponies in a box, pegasi must be this or Earth ponies must be that. It needs a massive reformation.

Weather, magic, and farming are traditional roles that are necessary for the kingdom to function. As long enough ponies can carry on those roles, others can pursue their own interests. 

The real issue should focus more on ponies that fall through the cracks and the ineffectiveness of the EEA's role.

Edited by Singe

The EEA can't be reformed until either Neighsay himself is reformed, or he is replaced by someone with values more akin to Twilight's. There needs to be a leader who isn't afraid to step outside the box and broaden their worldview a bit...

25 minutes ago, Kadeda said:

I can't believe were talking about stuff like this in MLP... The show really has grown.

Just a few years ago Equestria was a land of ponies, a couple dragons, and a griffon... now it's more and more reflective of the world we live in today, with a world that grows every season. I love how far it has come.

On 4/14/2018 at 1:30 AM, Singe said:

Weather, magic, and farming are traditional roles that are necessary for the kingdom to function. As long enough ponies can carry on those roles, others can pursue their own interests.

Not everypony needs to fall into one specific category. I mean, look at Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie. Both grew up in settings more accustomed to the traditional pegasus and earth pony roles. But they branched out. They followed their cutie mark, not the typical path for a pegasus or earth pony, respectively. Which brings us to the EEA's biggest problem: the failure to care about what sets each individual apart. As far as we know, you can't control exactly what a pony's cutie mark is unless you're into risky cutie mark magic. It's doing a disservice to a student if you teach them in a way that ignores their natural talent(s).

18 minutes ago, Prospekt said:

Not everypony needs to fall into one specific category. I mean, look at Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie. Both grew up in settings more accustomed to the traditional pegasus and earth pony roles. But they branched out. They followed their cutie mark, not the typical path for a pegasus or earth pony, respectively. Which brings us to the EEA's biggest problem: the failure to care about what sets each individual apart. As far as we know, you can't control exactly what a pony's cutie mark is unless you're into risky cutie mark magic. It's doing a disservice to a student if you teach them in a way that ignores their natural talent(s).

I think this is jumping the gun because there is nothing in the School Daze episode of the EEA that speaks out negatively against cutie mark talents. The kingdom does need to train ponies to fill vital roles to keep the kingdom running like they want. Fluttershy still did weather work in the series.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...
On 2018-04-15 at 5:52 PM, Singe said:

I think this is jumping the gun because there is nothing in the School Daze episode of the EEA that speaks out negatively against cutie mark talents. The kingdom does need to train ponies to fill vital roles to keep the kingdom running like they want. Fluttershy still did weather work in the series.

that was in hurricane flutttershy back in season 1  and fluttershy did help animal

51 minutes ago, Scootaloo567686 said:

that was in hurricane flutttershy back in season 1  and fluttershy did help animal

Actually that was season 2 not season 1

I don't see Neighsay as that bad. He's pretty much the definition of obstructive bureaucrat, but sometimes they are needed. Maybe he can learn to tone is obstructiveness down a bit. However, rules are usually there for a reason.

• 1 month later...
On 2021-08-19 at 8:03 AM, Pentium100 said:

I don't see Neighsay as that bad. He's pretty much the definition of obstructive bureaucrat, but sometimes they are needed. Maybe he can learn to tone is obstructiveness down a bit. However, rules are usually there for a reason.

those rule probably outdated 

Chancellor Neighsay have a outdated point of veiw on what non pony are. because well he is too old

1 hour ago, Scootaloo9074090 said:

those rule probably outdated 

Chancellor Neighsay have a outdated point of veiw on what non pony are. because well he is too old

However, Twilight tried to run her school like she wanted to and it almost resulted in magic getting drained from Equestria. 

For example, there are probably rules about keeping dangerous artifacts in some place that is very difficult to access for unauthorized people. 

Maybe some of the rules are outdated, then suitable proof of that needs to be presented and they can be changed, but a lot of rules were put there for a good reason and that reason probably is still valid.