Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ponyville in S1.

CastletonSnob

I rewatched some S1 episodes, and one of my favorite things about the early seasons was how Ponyville had a small-town feel to it. Like in Fall Weather Friends, when the townsponies gathered to watch Rainbow and AJ's competition. I don't really get that feel in the newer seasons.

What do you think?

• Brohoof 3

Perhaps so.

But I mean population growth is inevitable when your town is one of three places that houses an alicorn princess. It's bound to put your town on the map.

I think Ponyville feels bigger now because of all the new things that have been added or changed in the town. Twilight got a big castle that looms over the entire town, Twilight also built a massive school of friendship beside her castle, and Fluttershy also built a big animal reserve just outside of town. Along with that, the old Golden Oaks Library got destroyed, meaning an old part of Ponyville was lost forever. 

2 hours ago, VG_Addict said:

What do you think?

It's definately lost that feel, more growth and development has really changed things. We can blame celestia for those sore about it, lol. That's the price for keeping all of Equestria safe. It's good for the town in the long run, They need to keep small towns and settlements in the loop else you'll wind up with independence movements should things go south. Pun intended.

I blame the abominable eyesore that the box of season 4 spat out as a consolation prize along with those dreadful rainbow forms... at least one of those things are gone

(edited)
On 5/3/2018 at 7:33 PM, VG_Addict said:

I rewatched some S1 episodes, and one of my favorite things about the early seasons was how Ponyville had a small-town feel to it. Like in Fall Weather Friends, when the townsponies gathered to watch Rainbow and AJ's competition. I don't really get that feel in the newer seasons.

What do you think?

Funny, was thinking the same days ago :D. Well, now with a princess in town, castle and everything, PLUS it's known that several years have passed already, it's natural that Ponyville has grown. I miss the town at night as well tho :( 

Edited by Steve Piranha