Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will The human world's equivilant of Sunset ever show up in the series?

JCKane

Just an interesting question that I had been pondering.  But as we all know, in the EG dimension, there's a human version of just about every pony from the FIM dimension.  The Sunset Shimmer from the EG series is from the FIM dimension.  Thus that means there's still a Sunset from the EG dimension that's not shown up.  Do you think she ever will?  Or will she just remain missing.

• Brohoof 1

I could be wrong, but I think one of the staff mentioned that she is somewhere out there, so that definitely leaves it open to be explored. Do I think they will do that? Actually I'd be surprised if they didn't at some point touch on it. 

• Brohoof 1

Honestly makes me wonder what the results of the encounter would be.

I mean, I can think of a few generic scenarios in which the other Sunset will show up.  Which most involve Human Sunset trying to frame Pony Sunset.... though I feel the story is too similar to the already 2 they have (Forget me special and Rainbow Rocks to some extent).

Possibly, but I imagine that will only come with more of a "crossover" type of event, where something threatens both worlds at once, or something from the human world finds it's way into Equestria.

If they ever do bring her back in I hope they do something about her animation. I'm not sure exactly what it is but I get this uncanny valley feeling from her. Maybe it's because I'm far more used to her pony form, but to me she also looks like she's put into the scene later, like as if she were an OC and a fan wanted to put themselves into the situation and they did a pretty good job but something about is still slightly off.

It's been a while since this was last asked. I'd like to see what's up with Sunny's human counterpart, Starlight's as well while we're at it.

Assuming human Sunny is alive, I'd picture her and human Starlight being besties wherever they are, considering how much chemistry their pony selves shared

I believe that Sunset Shimmer's counterpart exists, but I feel like the writers don't want to bother with the fact that Sunset Shimmer is staying in this universe...if human and pony Sunset had to live in the same universe I don't think it would work out too well. My best guess is that she won't make an appearance because of this, but I may be wrong. :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Her friends give her a pass on it, and never talk about it, but... When Sunset first came to the human world, she stepped into her doppelgängers life. There was a new exit ramp being built for a nearby highway. Concrete was being poured. Well, I leave the rest for your imagination.

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 1

What may be interesting is a story that is resolved with human Sunset going to live in Equestria. :sunny:

On 5/28/2018 at 4:44 PM, Lunar Glow said:

I believe that Sunset Shimmer's counterpart exists, but I feel like the writers don't want to bother with the fact that Sunset Shimmer is staying in this universe...if human and pony Sunset had to live in the same universe I don't think it would work out too well. My best guess is that she won't make an appearance because of this, but I may be wrong. :)

It can be remedied with human Sunny being revealed to have passed away :dash:. Seriously, it'd be a great plot for the human counterparts of her parents see Sunny and kicking the plot 

No.  Passing through the portal changes the traveler to the the species of the destination.  In the case of someone from the Human world to the ponyverse, they might find themselves as a griffin, yak or any other species of that world.

dang, I didn't get any notifications to this topic... boo.

But anyways, that's the thing with Sunset because I mean, where does she live exactly?  What about the parents of the others?

I mean it's possible that Human Sunset is just in some other location... but I think it would be interesting for them to touch on it... and honestly I really only see 2 possible scenrio's they'd go with for the aftermath of it...

1) At the end, human Sunset will simply return to wherever it is she's currently living.

2) She'll head to the pony world perhaps become a character in FIM... dunno how likely there'll do it but still.

I would mention they could have her die... but so far literally only 1 character in FIM and EG have died... maybe 2 pending on what you think happened to King Sombra.  

Also...

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 1:54 PM, SharpWit said:

Possibly, but I imagine that will only come with more of a "crossover" type of event, where something threatens both worlds at once, or something from the human world finds it's way into Equestria.

If they ever do bring her back in I hope they do something about her animation. I'm not sure exactly what it is but I get this uncanny valley feeling from her. Maybe it's because I'm far more used to her pony form, but to me she also looks like she's put into the scene later, like as if she were an OC and a fan wanted to put themselves into the situation and they did a pretty good job but something about is still slightly off.

Are you confusing Sunset with Starlight?

7 hours ago, JCKane said:

Are you confusing Sunset with Starlight?

No. While watching "Forgotten Friendship" something seemed off about her nearly the entire time. This scene when they're going down to the forbidden section in particular stuck out. It was as though they were using a separate character model for her than they use for all of the other ponies and I get that for the turn on those stairs they probably have to make some changes but it still seemed off the rest of the time.

139709094_SunsetShimmerinEquestria.png.d48c3b235953203411b2658cc45b13dd.png

1 hour ago, SharpWit said:

No. While watching "Forgotten Friendship" something seemed off about her nearly the entire time. This scene when they're going down to the forbidden section in particular stuck out. It was as though they were using a separate character model for her than they use for all of the other ponies and I get that for the turn on those stairs they probably have to make some changes but it still seemed off the rest of the time.

139709094_SunsetShimmerinEquestria.png.d48c3b235953203411b2658cc45b13dd.png

I'll admit, I don't know what's off about it.  Is it her neck?  because I honestly never noticed anything really off about the character during it. :/

Her human version surely exists somewhere in the Equestria Girls world but probably knows next to nothing about magic and isn't curious enough to investigate the strange occurrences which have plagued Canterlot High since magic was first introduced there. My guess is Sunset's human self lives too far away to even care about what's going in Canterlot or she has her own problems to deal with.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 6:32 PM, Ganondorf8 said:

Her human version surely exists somewhere in the Equestria Girls world but probably knows next to nothing about magic and isn't curious enough to investigate the strange occurrences which have plagued Canterlot High since magic was first introduced there. My guess is Sunset's human self lives too far away to even care about what's going in Canterlot or she has her own problems to deal with.

Possibly as it was my theory anyways.

Just I mean so far, each of the Human equivilants still have similar connections as they do in FIM.  Not all the same connections mind you.. Twilight's an example of that.  And the only pony We know for sure Sunset has a connection with in Equistria is Celestia as a former student.  And she ran away... So I dunno… maybe something similar with Sunset... *shrug*

Hmm... wait a minute... I could be wrong.. but in the Forgotten friendships special... didn't Wallflower mention being in the same class as Sunset since some grade in grade school?

Yet EG 1 susgests that Sunset didn't start her bullying until Highschool... so a possible connection?

15 minutes ago, Twilight Luna said:

There is a good story on fimfiction that explores what happened to the human Sunset Shimmer. 

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/365840/shadows-cast-over-the-sunset

Haha! Hey that's me!

Anyhoo, I am doubting this path will ever be explored in the actual show because it will cause too much confusion to the younger viewers. It will be difficult to differeniate who is who and then they will need an excuse for why the two basically never see each other again after that unless they want Rebecca to pull double duty and insanely overcomplicate things. They even avoided letting the two Twilight's meet despite knowing about each other at this point beyond that one little gag at the end of Friendship Games.

If you want my opinion, Equestria Girls is technically canon. I personally don't like Equestria Girls all that much but that doesn't detract that I am pretty sure Sunset exists in the same universe as the actual show, not in alternate realities.

Just now, Key Sharkz said:

Haha! Hey that's me!

Anyhoo, I am doubting this path will ever be explored in the actual show because it will cause too much confusion to the younger viewers. It will be difficult to differeniate who is who and then they will need an excuse for why the two basically never see each other again after that unless they want Rebecca to pull double duty and insanely overcomplicate things. They even avoided letting the two Twilight's meet despite knowing about each other at this point beyond that one little gag at the end of Friendship Games.

Very true. She already did a great job in Forgotten Friendship. No need to have another movie centered around her. I’m about half way through and I can’t stop reading the next chapter.   :lie:

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:19 AM, TheTaZe said:

If you want my opinion, Equestria Girls is technically canon. I personally don't like Equestria Girls all that much but that doesn't detract that I am pretty sure Sunset exists in the same universe as the actual show, not in alternate realities.

I'm not really sure what you're referring too here.

As yes, EG and FIM are cannon (technically) but what I'm saying is that the Sunset that we know of is from Equestria.  And since every Pony in Equestria has a 'human' version in the "Human World" then that means that there are 2 Sunset's in the "Human World"  The one we know about (which was born a pony in Equstria) and the one that was born a human in the "Human World".

___

Yeah, I hope that makes sense.  Since I was referring to above, the "Pony World" as the "FIM Universe" and the Human world as the "EG Universe" since aside for Equistria  (which is not even the name of the plant/deminsion but the name of the 'country' the Ponies are in), the Human world doesn't really have a good 'name' for it :/  Aside for "The Human World."

I think the whole 'Sunset Shimmer in the series' is something that would be reserved for either Season 9 or maybe the 200th episode. I say season 9 because it's around there I feel Shimmer will join the Mane Six. 

• 4 months later...
On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 7:46 PM, TransitPony said:

I think the whole 'Sunset Shimmer in the series' is something that would be reserved for either Season 9 or maybe the 200th episode. I say season 9 because it's around there I feel Shimmer will join the Mane Six. 

Never know.  Though I mean there's only brief cameo's in FIM that even tie into EG, so if they actually added Sunset to the FIM Series that'd be a big step in it :P

But then you'd have to wonder... would that Sunset the one born in the Human world?  Or the one we all know and love, born in Pony world?

1 hour ago, JCKane said:

Never know.  Though I mean there's only brief cameo's in FIM that even tie into EG, so if they actually added Sunset to the FIM Series that'd be a big step in it :P

But then you'd have to wonder... would that Sunset the one born in the Human world?  Or the one we all know and love, born in Pony world?

They could just give her a cameo in the form of a portrait or something. That wouldn't require any outside knowledge and would just be a bonus to those who do know. I don't know why they can't give her at least that.

But honestly, I think it's a neat idea for Sunset's human version to be living in Equestria all this time, for reasons very similar to why pony Sunset moved to the human world. I don't know how they would do this, but it'd be cool to see.

Edited by Toon4Thought